Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 134, 135, 136  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
j-stew32 wrote:
I think a guy like Kiko Alonso would be a good fit at sam as well. I'm pretty much ready to see Pead get cut so I think well need another RB to spell D Rich. Mike Gillislee is my favorite in this draft. He's low mileage, he blocks like a man possesed and he's shown to be hard to tackle in the toughest division in college football. Oh and if we take a Receiver round one I prefer Patterson from Tenn. [b]He has Randy Moss potential[/bl if he runs the 4.27 he was timed at once.

Couldn't disagree more with these points.

There is a reason that Pead was drafted in the second round. Give him a chance.

I love Patterson but Moss was the most dominant receiver we have seen since Jerry Rice. Patterson does not have anywhere close to that potential.

Patterson reminds me more of Percy Harvin than Moss.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Patterson is getting a bit overrated. Very talented kid, a lot of upside but he's going to need development and the 4.27 is not true. He has very good gameday speed but he's not Givens fast and Givens isn't a 4.2 guy.

Gillislee is a solid all around HB, a lot like Cyrus Gray. However, I totally disagree with cutting Pead.

I love Patterson as a prospect, but I agree his athleticism is being way overrated. He's a high 4.4 guy (4.45-4.49) on tape...

He has a great quick-twitch and can change direction on a dime. I think a lot of people mistake that trait for incredible straight-line speed. I like the comparision someone made to Percy Harvin, his athleticism is very similair. Both guys will make you miss in space...

Also, the cutting Pead thing is just laughable. Can't believe there are people wanting to give up on him already, lol...

TommyC376 on the sig...
LGB-Let's Go Blues!!!
ctp2124

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Patterson is getting a bit overrated. Very talented kid, a lot of upside but he's going to need development and the 4.27 is not true. He has very good gameday speed but he's not Givens fast and Givens isn't a 4.2 guy.

Gillislee is a solid all around HB, a lot like Cyrus Gray. However, I totally disagree with cutting Pead.

I love Patterson as a prospect, but I agree his athleticism is being way overrated. He's a high 4.4 guy (4.45-4.49) on tape...

He has a great quick-twitch and can change direction on a dime. I think a lot of people mistake that trait for incredible straight-line speed. I like the comparision someone made to Percy Harvin, his athleticism is very similair. Both guys will make you miss in space...

Also, the cutting Pead thing is just laughable. Can't believe there are people wanting to give up on him already, lol...

While I agree he is not a 4.27 guy I also don't think he is a high 4.4 guy. He supposedly ran a 10.33 100 in his first year running track. That suggests he pretty elite straight line speed. I'd put him at 4.38 at the combine.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
While I agree he is not a 4.27 guy I also don't think he is a high 4.4 guy. He supposedly ran a 10.33 100 in his first year running track. That suggests he pretty elite straight line speed. I'd put him at 4.38 at the combine.

Eh, that would put him in the Mike Wallace category. I don't think he's the same type of burner that Wallace is...

Although, I admit I could be selling him short with the high 4.4 projection. He's my favorite potential WR prospect in this draft, so I'll gladly be wrong...

TommyC376 on the sig...
LGB-Let's Go Blues!!!
jjab360

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:

Eh, that would put him in the Mike Wallace category. I don't think he's the same type of burner that Wallace is...

Although, I admit I could be selling him short with the high 4.4 projection. He's my favorite potential WR prospect in this draft, so I'll gladly be wrong...

Not quite, Mike Wallace ran a 4.28 at the combine. Yeah he's a freak lol, hard to believe he fell to the middle of the third.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson I think will time in the 4.38-4.44 range. But it's his short area quickness, and CoD ability that make him elite. Oh and being 6'3 helps. Harvin is a much more physical runner than Patterson, and in college he was used as a running back. As a prospect he reminds me kind of troy williamson( As a prospect Williamson was)
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j-stew32 wrote:
Patterson I think will time in the 4.38-4.44 range. But it's his short area quickness, and CoD ability that make him elite. Oh and being 6'3 helps. Harvin is a much more physical runner than Patterson, and in college he was used as a running back. As a prospect he reminds me kind of troy williamson( As a prospect Williamson was)

Issue for me with Patterson is that I don't see him using his size the way he should as a WR. I don't see him going up and getting the ball over smaller guys.

However, I do think Harvin makes a lot of sense...or Brandon Marshall. His YAC skills are unbelievable and he definitely has speed. I'd agree with your projected 40 on him.

He would be a good fit for our offense considering all the short passes we use. I'd definitely take him at the top of the 2nd if he's there.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Wr80

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'd be an improvement from what we got. Assuming Quick really comes to be, he'll be our #2 with #1 being eventually Patterson. Then you have Givens to break open the deep ball and Danny just being Danny. With a good O line we could be a nice nice nice team.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sheeeesshh , I don't like Pead right now but I know cutting him would be dumb at this point. He's doing better then LMJ and I wanted him lol

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
RamRod

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
sheeeesshh , I don't like Pead right now but I know cutting him would be dumb at this point. He's doing better then LMJ and I wanted him lol

David Wilson hasn't done much either. I know some if us wanted him.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamRod wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

David Wilson hasn't done much either. I know some if us wanted him.

I was definitely one of them, would have taken him over the muscle hampster, but I still think the potential is there. He just needs to be more secure with the rock.

I will say this though. I would honestly have full confidence in Richardson as a full time starter. Perhaps not in blocking situations and blitz pick up but as a runner absolutely.

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was a big supporter of David Wilson as well. and living in New York, I get to see how he's doing, which really isn't great. honestly about on par with Pead, except for the fact that he's a much better returner

^El Ramster^

If you're into hardcore/metal, check out my band: Portrait of a Prophecy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Portrait-of-a-Prophecy/118264468260007
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
Not quite, Mike Wallace ran a 4.28 at the combine. Yeah he's a freak lol, hard to believe he fell to the middle of the third.

He ran a 4.28 and a 4.39, which his official was a 4.33...

TommyC376 on the sig...
LGB-Let's Go Blues!!!
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheldon Richardson will not play today, due to team disciplinary actions. He missed class several times I heard a couple days ago on ESPN radio. The team/school gave him some kinda of makeup assignment and he failed to complete that too.

Not good when a team leader shows lack of responsibility.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the Michigan game, specifically Lewan... He looks really good... But it is Iowa. It got me thinking if the staff is even considering a new RT, Fisher/Schotty seems to love his former jets OL and perhaps they are more than satisfied with the current situation at RT, pair that with Fisher never drafting one in the first round as a coach.

I sure would like Lewan in the blue and gold though.

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 134, 135, 136  Next
Page 12 of 136

Jump to: