Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should I return it??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should I return the sound bar?
Yes
44%
 44%  [ 38 ]
No
55%
 55%  [ 48 ]
Total Votes : 86

Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen anyone say "the kid deserved it" but yeah thats a pretty [inappropriate/removed] poor excuse.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
I haven't seen anyone say "the kid deserved it" but yeah thats a pretty [inappropriate/removed] poor excuse.

the employee was called an incompetent employee in this thread.

when no one even knows the circumstances. he could be working 16 hours a day paying for his sick mother's medical bills.

obviously it's probably not a sob story like that, but it was a mistake by an employee. the choice is simply to return it because of the obvious mistake or keep it to benefit yourself.

it's all about your ethical values. if you don't feel there's anything wrong with it, then keep it. but people just acting like they have some huge right to it just kind of crack me up.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ethical justifications here suggest that we ought to live in a harsh, unforgiving wasteland. Unconvincing.
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggles wrote:
The ethical justifications here suggest that we ought to live in a harsh, unforgiving wasteland. Unconvincing.

i honestly feel bad for people who view the world that way

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like some variation of this discussion has been had about 100 times on this site.

mission27 wrote:
And she flips out like wtf I don't like that and I'm like you don't like rodents?

#JDI
green24

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggles wrote:

Thomas Hobbes posts on FF? Laughing

Seriously, return it.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Dus10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggles wrote:

Allow me to share a story with you about a harsh, unforgiving, wasteland.

A very good friend of mine was arrested when he was 19 for grand theft. He worked for a friend's lawn care service for 5 years and was laid off. For the first time since the arrest he had to go out and search for a job. There is a section on most applications that require you to aware your potential employer if you have been arrested/criminal history/etc. For almost a year he filled these applications out honestly and was never hired.

Finally, with his savings starting to dry up he started lying on applications and left off the fact that he was arrested. He was hired by the DMV within 2 weeks using this new approach. He went through his 90 days worried that someone would find out his secret but he worked his [inappropriate/removed] off and was asked to stay full-time. He continued to work there and after a few months his conscious got the best of him and he had a sit down with his boss and told her about his past.

She told him to not mention it to anyone else and that she would make sure that it would never come up. She told him that they were lucky to have him and that he was a fantastic worker.

He has since been promoted several times and continues to work at the DMV to this day.

The world we live in is not nice, nor fair. I'm not saying you should have taken the sound bar thing but I would have and I would have slept like a baby.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dus10 wrote:
Iggles wrote:

Allow me to share a story with you about a harsh, unforgiving, wasteland.

A very good friend of mine was arrested when he was 19 for grand theft. He worked for a friend's lawn care service for 5 years and was laid off. For the first time since the arrest he had to go out and search for a job. There is a section on most applications that require you to aware your potential employer if you have been arrested/criminal history/etc. For almost a year he filled these applications out honestly and was never hired.

Finally, with his savings starting to dry up he started lying on applications and left off the fact that he was arrested. He was hired by the DMV within 2 weeks using this new approach. He went through his 90 days worried that someone would find out his secret but he worked his [inappropriate/removed] off and was asked to stay full-time. He continued to work there and after a few months his conscious got the best of him and he had a sit down with his boss and told her about his past.

She told him to not mention it to anyone else and that she would make sure that it would never come up. She told him that they were lucky to have him and that he was a fantastic worker.

He has since been promoted several times and continues to work at the DMV to this day.

The world we live in is not nice, nor fair. I'm not saying you should have taken the sound bar thing but I would have and I would have slept like a baby.

so things ended up working out for him?

it sounds like the lady he talked to did him a big favor/was being nice. she didn't have to be nice or keep it a secret. seems like he caught a break Wink

i see where you're coming from, but at the same point, you're kind of displaying that humans can be kind too.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IG is dead on, and we rarely agree on anything.

If you want to keep it, fine. Don't try justifying it though, because justifying it is only going to make you look worse.

It's like fooling around with a married woman. If you want to do it, that's your business, but trying to justify it is going to make you look worse than the act itself.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
Dus10 wrote:
Iggles wrote:

Long story.

so things ended up working out for him?

it sounds like the lady he talked to did him a big favor/was being nice. she didn't have to be nice or keep it a secret. seems like he caught a break Wink

i see where you're coming from, but at the same point, you're kind of displaying that humans can be kind too.

It has worked out for him and I feel it was a combination of hard work/risk/kindness.

I haven't read this thread front to back. I'm not aware of all the reasons people are using to justify keeping it but by my own moral compass I do not fault anyone who says they would have kept the soundbar.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:

If you want to keep it, fine. Don't try justifying it though, because justifying it is only going to make you look worse.

It's like fooling around with a married woman. If you want to do it, that's your business, but trying to justify it is going to make you look worse than the act itself.

the hell?

you think american dad is hilarious, i think american dad is hilarious

i think you mean on everything

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:

the hell?

Well that settles it. We are a kindred spirit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dus10 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Glad to see we can sift through the low lifes of FF. Hope one of you guys loses a large sum of money or a debit/credit card and the person doesn't give it back. You made the mistake! You pay for it!

If I lose a large sum of money or fail to report my lost debit/credit card to my bank I deserve to not have that money.

I think this thread is probably an accurate barometer for those of us who have had to fight for what they have in their life.

Laughably idiotic comment right there.
Dus10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Dus10 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Glad to see we can sift through the low lifes of FF. Hope one of you guys loses a large sum of money or a debit/credit card and the person doesn't give it back. You made the mistake! You pay for it!

If I lose a large sum of money or fail to report my lost debit/credit card to my bank I deserve to not have that money.

I think this thread is probably an accurate barometer for those of us who have had to fight for what they have in their life.

Laughably idiotic comment right there.

The first act of Aladdin wasn't for everybody.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:

the hell?

Who doesn't think AD is hilarious? Incorrect people.

As for the story about harshness, it inadvertently highlights my point: his boss cut him a break, the kind of break that allows people to make mistakes and not lose their job or the opportunity to ever get one again in the future. All of that supports the argument to bring the sound bar back, because otherwise someone is at serious risk of being fired.

Honestly, I have no idea how that story goes against my argument.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 15 of 32

Jump to: