Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mbta to pats game??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
korky00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Mbta to pats game?? Reply with quote

hi guys..

I'm driving from canada ( bout 10 hours drive) to boston this week-end to go see the pats vs colts game on sunday. Now heres the thing...i heard the traffic was horrific after games so i kinda cancelled the idea to go by car since aere going to drive back right after the game. I thought of taking the T from south station butthe thing is that it leaves at 2:05 so we basically could not go and enjoy the tailgate ( first time at gillette stadium) ..

Here's my question : is there a way we can take public transportation to the stadium earlier in the day so we can be there earlier than 3:00?? What would you guys do??

Thank you!!!
Go pats!!!!
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Mbta to pats game?? Reply with quote

korky00 wrote:
hi guys..

I'm driving from canada ( bout 10 hours drive) to boston this week-end to go see the pats vs colts game on sunday. Now heres the thing...i heard the traffic was horrific after games so i kinda cancelled the idea to go by car since aere going to drive back right after the game. I thought of taking the T from south station butthe thing is that it leaves at 2:05 so we basically could not go and enjoy the tailgate ( first time at gillette stadium) ..

Here's my question : is there a way we can take public transportation to the stadium earlier in the day so we can be there earlier than 3:00?? What would you guys do??

Thank you!!!
Go pats!!!!

No. Unless you take the 2:05, there's nothing that goes to Foxboro.
korky00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...well is the traffic that horrible after games? Is there a place i could park and walk to the stadium? ( i dont mind walking 30min or so) so we could avoid being stuck in traffic for hours after the game?? Thank you so much for answering btw!
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

korky00 wrote:
Ok...well is the traffic that horrible after games? Is there a place i could park and walk to the stadium? ( i dont mind walking 30min or so) so we could avoid being stuck in traffic for hours after the game?? Thank you so much for answering btw!

The traffic is often terrible before and after games. But it's also hit or miss. I've had games when I've gotten out of the stadium, into the car and on the road within 20 minutes (though the traffic will be very heavy). Other times it has taken 2 hours just to get out of the parking lot.

My advice to you would be to take the train and skip the tailgate. If you're set on tailgating, your best bet would be to park on the Rt 495 (south) side of the stadium as far down Rt 1 as you can get/are willing to walk.

That said, I've only been to 6 or 7 games since Gillette Stadium opened and none since 2009, so maybe others could help you out more. But I was a season ticket holder at the old Foxboro stadium and I'd usually park 2+ miles away and just walk. Chances are, you'll still get slammed in traffic but the chances of being stuck in a parking lot for 2 hours is much less.

Even when the team was pretty bad, Rt. 1 was a total disaster getting in and out of town
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the game comes down to the wire, forget it, you're not getting out of the parking lot until 9pm.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
korky00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are pats' tailgates something to experience? I've been to buffalo ( great tailgates) and the jets (meh...)... Would i miss something by only tailgating 30min or so?
rabbisson

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
If the game comes down to the wire, forget it, you're not getting out of the parking lot until 9pm.

You don't park in the stadium parking lot. Ever. We go to one of the hotels that's on the way out of the city. Slight walk, but cheaper and easy to get out after the game.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Nihc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

park at big y (supermarket) and walk the couple of miles.
Nefarious Bill

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive heard countless people raise hell that Gillette is on a 2 lane road. Considering Kraft's influence and bank roll, has he ever considered lobbying to expand the highway to a 4 lane?
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

korky00 wrote:
Are pats' tailgates something to experience? I've been to buffalo ( great tailgates) and the jets (meh...)... Would i miss something by only tailgating 30min or so?

Theyre fun but not crazy.

As others have said here, your best bet concerning time is to park further up the by the car dealerships and stuff. You'll have about 20 minutes of walking after the game, but could save yourself a lot of time when it comes to traffic. If you are not a huge tailgater though, I would just do the train. The tailgate is pretty basic, Pats fans are hardly crazy.

Enjoy the game, theres nothing like the first ime...at gillette Wink
korky00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you guys for your answers!!! Cant wait to meet Pats fans! Still dont know what we'll do but at least we got a couple of options...either enjoying the beautiful city of Boston (ok as a quebecer I hate the bruins but eh...gotta admit Boston's gorgeous) and take the train or park further , walk and enjoy the tailgate

see you at the game! Thanks again!
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun. I usually park in the lots up the road, if I am trying to get home in a timely manner.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nefarious Bill wrote:
Ive heard countless people raise hell that Gillette is on a 2 lane road. Considering Kraft's influence and bank roll, has he ever considered lobbying to expand the highway to a 4 lane?

The road can't really be expanded. It's Rt. 1. It's been there for almost 100 years. As such ,there is stuff along the sides of it (stores, homes, etc). And during non-Patriots events - of which there are a maximum of 13 per year, it's not bad.

The real problem is that the stadium is built in a fairly small town and there simply isn't much that can be done to improve access. Yes, Patriots Place has become a bit of a destination for shoppers and diners and such, but other than that, it's a pretty quiet area. There's no way (or no will) to improve public transit because there is little demand outside of Pats games.

Kraft did a lot to improve the infrastructure when Gillette was built (and a bit before that as well). It's actually much better than it was in the 1980's but it's at the point where there's really nothing else that can realistically be done to improve the situation.

It's an unfortunate side effect of building a football stadium in a town of maybe 15,000, well outside the biggest city in the region. The access is terrible unless you're willing to sit through horrible traffic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: