Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Johnny Football Manziel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 44682
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Just because a pass was floated doesn't mean that it was a bad pass.


I didn't say it was a bad pass...

My original comment was purely related to his NFL potential and said "he floats way too many passes ... and will need to improve greatly to function at the NFL level"

Lacking zip on your passes leads to more INTs in the NFL, especially on sideline routes and deep passes where that extra second or two in the air can give the S time to make a play
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johnmpasq


Joined: 11 Apr 2008
Posts: 704
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manziel vs Bama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykxRc-kSH74&feature=g-all-u

Thought this was going to bring a lot more hits to my Youtube page
_________________
Twitter @Jmpasq, Youtube user Jpdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi,Jmpasq
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RandyMossIsBoss


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 17344
Location: Justo on the avy
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnmpasq wrote:
Manziel vs Bama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykxRc-kSH74&feature=g-all-u

Thought this was going to bring a lot more hits to my Youtube page


Wow I had no idea that you were JPDraftJedi. Been watching your videos for awhile now, keep them coming I love 'em!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
willy_law


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 9300
Location: Villanova University
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
johnmpasq wrote:
Manziel vs Bama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykxRc-kSH74&feature=g-all-u

Thought this was going to bring a lot more hits to my Youtube page


Wow I had no idea that you were JPDraftJedi. Been watching your videos for awhile now, keep them coming I love 'em!



me too, its how I watch most of my tape
_________________
TomRalph wrote:
Eli Manning is the devil.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21237
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
johnmpasq wrote:
Manziel vs Bama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykxRc-kSH74&feature=g-all-u

Thought this was going to bring a lot more hits to my Youtube page


Wow I had no idea that you were JPDraftJedi. Been watching your videos for awhile now, keep them coming I love 'em!



me too, its how I watch most of my tape

Same here. Great Channel!
_________________

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sadjag


Joined: 02 Mar 2012
Posts: 1111
Location: jax
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
willy_law wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
johnmpasq wrote:
Manziel vs Bama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykxRc-kSH74&feature=g-all-u

Thought this was going to bring a lot more hits to my Youtube page


Wow I had no idea that you were JPDraftJedi. Been watching your videos for awhile now, keep them coming I love 'em!



me too, its how I watch most of my tape

Same here. Great Channel!
Me too thanks for your work
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johnmpasq


Joined: 11 Apr 2008
Posts: 704
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
johnmpasq wrote:
Manziel vs Bama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykxRc-kSH74&feature=g-all-u

Thought this was going to bring a lot more hits to my Youtube page


Wow I had no idea that you were JPDraftJedi. Been watching your videos for awhile now, keep them coming I love 'em!
Im also Jmpasq,Jmpasqdraftjedi,Jpdraftjedi,JmpasqFullGame but I havent started uploading 2012 games on the Full Game channel yet.
_________________
Twitter @Jmpasq, Youtube user Jpdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi,Jmpasq
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8808
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnmpasq wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
johnmpasq wrote:
Manziel vs Bama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykxRc-kSH74&feature=g-all-u

Thought this was going to bring a lot more hits to my Youtube page


Wow I had no idea that you were JPDraftJedi. Been watching your videos for awhile now, keep them coming I love 'em!
Im also Jmpasq,Jmpasqdraftjedi,Jpdraftjedi,JmpasqFullGame but I havent started uploading 2012 games on the Full Game channel yet.


LOL you've had a trillion channels and are much appreciated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigschmadt00


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10879
Location: 500 miles East of Sack City!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those saying his game doesn't translate to the NFL, I think that argument either already is, or will soon be outdated.

In 2008 Chan Gailey first used the Pistol in the NFL with Tyler Thigpen (unless I missed something earlier), and now that formation is regularly being used by at least 4-5 teams in the NFL.

The principles of the spread offense and it's variations have continued to propagate throughout the NFL, and I absolutely believe it will continue. It's the basic principles of supply and demand. A large portions of High Schools are running it, and easily half of the 50 best colleges are running it in some form. And trust me, after A&M beat Bama with it, the stigma of that style of spread "working" in the SEC is gone, and more teams will now look to utilize it.

Look at the most successful QB's to come out over the past 3+ seasons, a majority ran a version of the spread in college.

Manziel will need to be at least close to 6'-1" and around 220lbs by the time he enters the draft to be a first rounder, but if that's the case, I have no doubt he'll be at least a top 10 pick, assuming he progresses at even half the rate he has this season.

People want to knock him for Florida, his first game, and LSU, that's fine. But he was a freshman learning, and I think Bama was evidence of that progress. I just really hope the pressure of the rather desperate Aggie fan base doesn't hurt him mentally.
_________________

^ryknowssd on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigschmadt00


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10879
Location: 500 miles East of Sack City!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reality_Check wrote:
Youre talking about a guy that wins with his leg more than his arm, and is playing behind two top 15 offensive tackles.

He's a freshman so there's a lot of time for him to develop, but at this juncture I wouldn't put much in his pro prospects.

Very good college player though

He's won a couple games with his arm, especially last week against Bama, and a few weeks before against Ole Miss. Almost identical passes, but both were great NFL type throws IMO. He's advanced as a passer greatly this season, but you are right, he needs more development to be a high draft pick in the NFL.

Also, while his OT's are great, so many teams don't even attempt to rush him anymore and just make sure they contain him from rushing. I don't know how much their ability really helps him.
_________________

^ryknowssd on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballProdiG


Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Posts: 8216
Location: The Film Room
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Klien flopped and lost yesterday. Kenjon Barner got shut down and lost yesterday, Te'o still has a shot but he's defense and likely won't get it. Oh, but guess who didn't lose yesterday and broke more SEC records AGAIN, Johnny Manziel. This kid is the real deal. If he doesn't win the Heisman the entire race and trophy are an absolute joke. He is twice the player Tebow was when he won it. He is already better than Bradford. Not quite on Cam,Luck or RG3's level, but he is still has four more years to improve. As long as he doesn't get injured or mentally break he is the future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jd6735


Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 288
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
So Klien flopped and lost yesterday. Kenjon Barner got shut down and lost yesterday, Te'o still has a shot but he's defense and likely won't get it. Oh, but guess who didn't lose yesterday and broke more SEC records AGAIN, Johnny Manziel. This kid is the real deal. If he doesn't win the Heisman the entire race and trophy are an absolute joke. He is twice the player Tebow was when he won it. He is already better than Bradford. Not quite on Cam,Luck or RG3's level, but he is still has four more years to improve. As long as he doesn't get injured or mentally break he is the future.

Wait, what? Laughing Sure, Manziel has been fantastic, and maybe he's twice the pro prospect (which isn't saying much), but even a cursory glance at Tebow's 2007 season stats blow that bolded statement out of the water. It took an absolutely ridiculous season for Tebow to win the Heisman as a sophomore. Tebow had 32 TDs to 7 interceptions through the air that season, with a college QB efficiency rating of 172.5. He also had 23 rushing touchdowns. He accounted for a ridiculous total 55 touchdowns that season. With one game left, Manziel has accounted for 38.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballProdiG


Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Posts: 8216
Location: The Film Room
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jd6735 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
So Klien flopped and lost yesterday. Kenjon Barner got shut down and lost yesterday, Te'o still has a shot but he's defense and likely won't get it. Oh, but guess who didn't lose yesterday and broke more SEC records AGAIN, Johnny Manziel. This kid is the real deal. If he doesn't win the Heisman the entire race and trophy are an absolute joke. He is twice the player Tebow was when he won it. He is already better than Bradford. Not quite on Cam,Luck or RG3's level, but he is still has four more years to improve. As long as he doesn't get injured or mentally break he is the future.

Wait, what? Laughing Sure, Manziel has been fantastic, and maybe he's twice the pro prospect (which isn't saying much), but even a cursory glance at Tebow's 2007 season stats blow that bolded statement out of the water. It took an absolutely ridiculous season for Tebow to win the Heisman as a sophomore. Tebow had 32 TDs to 7 interceptions through the air that season, with a college QB efficiency rating of 172.5. He also had 23 rushing touchdowns. He accounted for a ridiculous total 55 touchdowns that season. With one game left, Manziel has accounted for 38.


Dang I didn't realize Tebow was that legit back then. Well, some of my point still stands. He is the "tebow" or his generation with better passing ability and better speed. He may not have the stats, but he has broken game records that Tebow didn't break. He's also the highest scoring Freshman to have ever played the game at one position. He broke that record Saturday.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 21670
Location: Conshohocken
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Tebow was the greatest college football player of all time. Let's not go overboard with the Manziel love in that respect, although he does have a very real shot at the Heisman.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nfldraftguru1


Joined: 07 Feb 2009
Posts: 10003
Location: Whitewater, WI
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's kind of smallish. But I'm not even close to evaluating him for the draft yet. He's a RS FR and with QB's experience is so important. Dude is a hell of an athlete though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group