Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Best Kicker?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twizlers wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Matt Prater made 110 yards worth of field goals within like a minute of one another in order to beat the Bears last year.

He was the reason we won all but 1 of our games.

His leg is 2nd to none and is by far the most clutch Kicker there is right now.

Do you think he has a better leg than Jano?

You can't go wrong with either. But despite what people say, those 2 have the best combination of strength and accuracy in the league. One will break the record someday.

Which, by the way, we had a chance at a 65 yarder with 9 seconds left in the half last week, and Fox decided to punt it. WTF I was so excited that Prater would get a chance at that record. I bet he would of pulled the trigger had the game been in Denver.

Zuerlein is going to break that record. No joke. He pulled a 66 yarder wide left in Miami but there were 30 mph cross winds and the ball still hit the net. Would have been good from 70.

Right now, he's in a slight funk but nobody in the league has his leg.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Zuerlein is going to break that record. No joke. He pulled a 66 yarder wide left in Miami but there were 30 mph cross winds and the ball still hit the net. Would have been good from 70.

Zuerlein hasn't impressed me besides his huge leg. He made that 53 yarder last week but when he had to try the 58 yarder, it wasn't really close. All the leg in the world does u no good unless u can get the ball in between the big yellow poles. Blair Walsh has been much more impressive to me.

Kempes on the custom sig!
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Zuerlein hasn't impressed me besides his huge leg. He made that 53 yarder last week but when he had to try the 58 yarder, it wasn't really close. All the leg in the world does u no good unless u can get the ball in between the big yellow poles. Blair Walsh has been much more impressive to me.

If Zuerlein hasn't "impressed you" then...well you're just not being honest.

No clue what happened on the 58 yarder but I am happy to have the kid as our kicker. He's going to be a great one.

Walsh is talented in his own right but I'll take Zuerlein.

Ether

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickers are kinda limited to their opportunities and often their stats get skewed if their team has problems executing the snap or getting it blocked.

Honestly I respect the hell out of my own guy, Dawson, for his consistency and his ability to make kicks in just stupid conditions.

Realistically though Seabass is better, and nothing really says him or the other 20 best kickers in the NFL can't also make field goals in terrible conditions too.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

No clue what happened on the 58 yarder but I am happy to have the kid as our kicker. He's going to be a great one.

Outside of the hype for Zuerlein's huge leg, I am not sure what advantage he has over Blair Walsh.

Walsh: 23/24 on FGs, 41 TBs (out of 55) and is 5/5 on 50+ yd FGs.

Zuerlein: 18/22 on FGs, 22 TBs (out of 41), and is 5/8 on 50+ yd FGs.

Im trying to be as unbiased as possible here, I am not sure what you see. Walsh has fewer missed FGs despite more attempts, has just as many 50+ yd FGs and has almost double the amount of TBs.
Brodie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Outside of the hype for Zuerlein's huge leg, I am not sure what advantage he has over Blair Walsh.

Im trying to be as unbiased as possible here, I am not sure what you see. Walsh has fewer missed FGs despite more attempts, has just as many 50+ yd FGs and has almost double the amount of TBs.

3 of Gregs misses have come from one game, outside of that game he has been perfect pretty much. He hit the 53 for the game win last week but the damn clock. He was prolly thinking too much and missed the 58 yarder

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Touchbacks are a waste of time. The Rams have him kick it short for a reason.

And his leg is exactly why he's more worthwhile. I'm really not worried at about the misses. He'll be fine. He has a leg that the NFL has never seen before and that's the game changer.

As for Walsh, he's fell apart once, you never know if it's going to happen again.

Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

I'm not being honest? I have no horse in this race. I see what i see and as an overall kicker, Walsh has impressed me more. Z has a huge leg which is impressive but that alone is not enough.

Honestly, it's to early to say anything for sure because it's an extremely small sample size. But my opinion stands. I don't blame anyone that would take Z over Walsh but i don't see it that way.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

And that reason would be?
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

And that reason would be?

Because we have a good kick coverage team and they'd rather take the chance that we can stop the returnman inside the 20 or force a fumble even with the risk that he could return it for a TD than kick a touchback every time.

jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

I'm not being honest? I have no horse in this race. I see what i see and as an overall kicker, Walsh has impressed me more. Z has a huge leg which is impressive but that alone is not enough.

Honestly, it's to early to say anything for sure because it's an extremely small sample size. But my opinion stands. I don't blame anyone that would take Z over Walsh but i don't see it that way.

You said apart from his leg, he doesn't impress you. That's a far cry from being less impressive than Walsh.

And I feel it should be said that the longest FG Walsh has attempted this year was a 55 yard while Greg has attempted 4 58+ yard FGs and 2 of his 4 misses this year have come from 58+.

Yfz01

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrry, do you agree that Walsh has been the better kicker between the two thus far?

Lil Uno with the sig.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
Jrry, do you agree that Walsh has been the better kicker between the two thus far?

Because of the Miami game, yes. But I think Zuerlein will be better in the future.

Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Bironas is underrated. Shocked

Second most accurate kicker of all time and 11/11 in game winning field goals in his career.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does it seem like every kicker is supposedly the most accurate or second most accurate kicker of all time?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: