Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Barry Sanders vs Adrian Peterson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
It had no relevance, and was clearly against the rules. You should know that being how you like to point this type of stuff out to everybody else.

stylish. Stop. It wasn't against the rules, and was a direct response to something someone said about a certain player. If you have a problem, please PM a mod. It's that easy.

Team Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
It had no relevance, and was clearly against the rules. You should know that being how you like to point this type of stuff out to everybody else.

stylish. Stop. It wasn't against the rules, and was a direct response to something someone said about a certain player. If you have a problem, please PM a mod. It's that easy.
TL. Stop. You've stuck your nose in to inform others on the relevance of their posts a million times. If you can't handle it, don't dish it out.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

TL. Stop. You've stuck your nose in to inform others on the relevance of their posts a million times. If you can't handle it, don't dish it out.

Mine was relevant, though... it pertained directly to his post. Calm down man. If you have a problem, just PM a mod. It's really not that serious.

Team Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Mine was relevant, though... it pertained directly to his post. Calm down man. If you have a problem, just PM a mod. It's really not that serious.
Don't tell me to pm no mod TL. Like I said, just earlier this week you were scolding Phreak about the relevance of his posts on the topic at hand. You are not the judge nor jury who decides what is or isn't relevant. Funny how you're throwing a fit when you receive a dose of your own medicine.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Don't tell me to pm no mod TL. Like I said, just earlier this week you were scolding Phreak about the relevance of his posts on the topic at hand. You are not the judge nor jury who decides what is or isn't relevant. Funny how you're throwing a fit when you receive a dose of your own medicine.

Big swing. Big miss.

Earlier this week, I pointed out that a bold statement Phreak made was irrelevant from an argument standpoint, as it was one that wouldn't have been able to verify one way or another. That's a reasonable discussion comment.

I'm not throwing a fit. I just think it's sad watching you try - hard - to beat this point into the ground, when there's really no point. Just... stop. Let it go. It's alright, man... this FF place really isn't this serious.

Team Stylish
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

this FF place really isn't this serious.

O it is very serious. Some people call the NFL the no fun league, FF is the no fun forum
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it to PMs, keep the thread on topic.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the record most us Vikings fans don't think Peterson is better than Sanders. We just thought they might be in the same conversation together at this point in their careers. Peterson has a ways to go to accomplish what Sanders did.
carlande

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEEEEEESSSS!!!!! Lion KING

Great to see the sleeping dragon awakened and unleashed. LK posts like AP runs the football. He comes out spitting fire and knockin stuff down.

@Stylish ...(sigh)...LOL...just insane...you couldn't write this stuff.

Thanks for making my night guys.

AP rules by the way. The guy runs angry. He's what you want out of a RB.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crunched some numbers here for the last 15 minutes just because i was curious. Here's how the stats lay out for Sanders in his first 6 seasons (89 games) to Peterson's first 6 seasons (83 games).

From 89-94, Sanders averaged 117.5 total yards per game with 68 total TD's with 4 turnovers and ran at a 4.9 yard per carry clip.

From 07-current, Peterson has averaged 112.6 total yards per game with 74 total TD's and 15 turnovers and ran at a 4.9 yards per carry clip.

That's a difference of 4.9 yards per game (in BS's favor), 6 TD's (in AP's favor) and 11 turnovers (in BS's favor). Both had the same yards per carry.

Seems darn close to me. AP obviously has to keep it up for 4 more years as Sanders seemed to get better with age and had his 2,000 yards season in his 9th season but AP is on a similar career path. Should be fun seeing it unfold.

Kempes on the custom sig!
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STOP CALLING HIM AP. ITS AD. DONT YOU PEOPLE READ
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
STOP CALLING HIM AP. ITS AD. DONT YOU PEOPLE READ
Make me.
ahoda

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
The hatred for A P is legendary in this site Lions fans have hated him since people debated him over Calvin Johnson let alone Barry Sanders!

I would take A P over Sanders simple A P makes his team better even with a crappy QB and Bad offensive players around him.

Sanders was great but also lead the league in getting NEG yards which last time I looked Killed your offense in every drive.

Yeah Lions fans are blinded bye loyalty the argument that Peterson isn't the greatest back of his time is crazy talk he is hands down the best back since he entered the league even today he gives Foster a run for his money even coming back for a ACL injury!

I' am a DIE hard Lion fan but I even Like Billy Sims in a playoff game over Sanders you can't even compare those two in a playoff game Sanders VS Sims in the Playoffs is laughable Sims would beat his effort hands down everyone screams Sanders faced 9 in the box seriously did you watch the Lions back then they played run and shoot offense or a forum of spread offense with Sanders teams never could play the whole game with 9 or 10 men in the box for Sanders with 3 wide outs and a tight end going out every pass play. Its crap to say that for Sanders the guy who faces 9 or 10 in the box every play was Sims not Sanders most of the game let alone Peterson because the offense around him is way worse then the Lions with Sanders!

I take Peterson every time I am not blinded bye Loyalty to Sanders anyone that calls A P over rated is blinded bye loyalty period!

A P will be in the Hall of fame no doubt about it!

Boy, you're so right. Barry got to play with stud QBs like Rodney Peete, Scott Mitchell, and Andre Ware.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: