Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Felix out, Reggie Bush in.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE BIG CHEEZE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Felix out, Reggie Bush in. Reply with quote

I keep hearing that Reggie Bush will be out of Miami next year due to cap reasons and other locker room issues. If Felix is gone would people be opposed to Dallas taking a look at him next year for the right price? I feel like he could be the guy that could change Garrets offense. As a change of pace back to Demarco, or Xfactor on third downs. I personally would like to see him here and I heard he came back this camp as business and focus. He also has a bit of a attitude that I think our team lacks on many levels.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many fragile RBs can one team have???

textaz03

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO!!! Younger, not older! Find a solid back in the draft!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He would require too much money for a "change of pace" running back.

I know a few years ago many teams were deploying multiple running back attacks, and to a point many teams still are. But the succesful running teams seem to be going back to a main guy and one or two guys get a sprinkle of carries just so the main guy can catch his breath. I believe in Demarco as long as he can stay healthy and I wouldnt be willing to give a big contract to reggie at this point in his career.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wants to start. And he should. Just not here. I would rather look at one of the running backs in the draft. Guys like Kenjon Barner, Dennis Johnson, Rex Burkhead, and Ray Graham can be had later on.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wants to play for Vet Min?

Sig courtesy of mack.
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Dunbar has earned a shot at that role. And both him and Tanner can be serviceable behind Murray.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has 7 rushes tonight against Buffalo for zero yards. No thanks. We have bigger issues. I like that you are thinking though.
BigAce43

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can recall Bush was a great KR/PR in New Orleans. Good reason to give a look-cee in the offseason.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
I think Dunbar has earned a shot at that role. And both him and Tanner can be serviceable behind Murray.

Can't say I agree here. 15 carries for 57 yards and no TDs isn't keeping me from wanting to draft a RB. And Tanner has easily been the worst running back on the squad this year, including Felix.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see Reggie on this team. but, the price won't be right..

I really hope that either Felix gets his stuff together or we find a HB that can take a seriously load on game day. If we don't, I think Murray will be done and gone almost as quick as Marion Barber..
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And NO, Dunbar and Tanner hasnt showed anything. Felix has been the better one in games, and obviously also in training since they are sticking with Felix.

I got a little hope for Dunbar being something, and nothing for Tanner.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why everyone is clamoring to draft RBs. The OL's the problem. Not the RBs.

DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
I don't see why everyone is clamoring to draft RBs. The OL's the problem. Not the RBs.

Slam, I think most of everyone agrees with you that the OLine is a larger problem. I also agree that it may not matter who our RB is if we don't fix the OLine. But to say that the RBs are not a problem is a bit of a stretch. Do you think Felix Jones is a consistently good RB? Lance Dunbar is a 22 year old undrafted FA that weighs 190lbs. Obviously you can't rule him out of a successful future just yet, but he isn't anywhere close to keeping me from drafting a stud if the opportunity presents itself. Let's say a Doug Martin type. Tanner has looked worse than any of the RBs thus far, and if I'm only keeping 3 backs on the roster he isn't one of them. Murray, sure he is good. He has questionable vision for a RB at times though, and despite all the anointing that has been done, he has only started 12 games in his career. He definitely isn't providing me with any security at the RB position. I also feel he will have a short career, he is not a long term answer, and he is not a RB that needs a full load. I feel Murray is a really great complimentary back. Although he may keep me from drafting one in rounds 1-3, rounds 4-7 are fair game. And I still might draft one with a premium pick if he is BPA.

So in short, I do agree that the OLine is the major problem that needs priority, but you can't deny that this team is without a franchise running back at the moment.

Matts4313 wrote:

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess since I have posted in this thread twice I should answer the OP.

If the price is right then I would not totally be against it. I feel Bush is more talented than Felix and could give us what we thought we were getting from Felix, but never did. I feel like he would compliment Murray really well, and provide decoy service a lot better than Felix or Murray for that matter. I also think that he could help in the return game where Felix never could. Having said all that, this would not be my ideal route. I would like to draft a workhorse RB ala Doug Martin. Unfortunately if we don't address O Line in the 1st and 2nd or 3rd rounds it won't matter what we do.

Defense was our problem last year, and so we went heavy defense in the offseason and have mostly solved the issue. Offense is our problem this year, namely the running game, and I wouldn't mind going heavy offense in the offseason. something like this I would be happy with:

RD 1. OLine
RD 2. RB
RD 3. OLine
RD 4. S
RD 5. WR
RD 6. QB

RD 4-6 are interchangeable depending on BPA. Obviously that is with us resigning the OLB.

Matts4313 wrote:

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: