Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 College prospects thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jsthomp2007


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 7388
Location: USA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Sam Gordon...simply one of the best prospects out there.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2012/11/08/sam-gordon-9-year-old-girl-is-already-a-football-star-video/
_________________
Ninja stealth muggers in the Bellagio has left me in a state of congitive disonance...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 16437
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Check out Sam Gordon...simply one of the best prospects out there.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2012/11/08/sam-gordon-9-year-old-girl-is-already-a-football-star-video/
Katie Hnida better watch out!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jsthomp2007


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 7388
Location: USA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
Check out Sam Gordon...simply one of the best prospects out there.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2012/11/08/sam-gordon-9-year-old-girl-is-already-a-football-star-video/
Katie Hnida better watch out!


No doubt. Katie Hnida went to my high school...granted I was graduating college when she was there. But kind of cool.
_________________
Ninja stealth muggers in the Bellagio has left me in a state of congitive disonance...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncoinGermany


Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 2497
Location: Bad Nauheim
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiper currently projects us drafting Sylvester Williams. Another mock has Mingo falling right into our lap at 25. Would you guys be happy with either or none?
_________________

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 16437
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Kiper currently projects us drafting Sylvester Williams. Another mock has Mingo falling right into our lap at 25. Would you guys be happy with either or none?
We could do much worse than those two, can never have too many pass rushers.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bobdevine


Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 2232
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Kiper currently projects us drafting Sylvester Williams. Another mock has Mingo falling right into our lap at 25. Would you guys be happy with either or none?


I'd be happy if the Broncos would take Sylvester Williams in the 2nd round. He doesn't look like a 1st rounder.

My gut says that Barkevious Mingo will be taken by some team will take him as a rush-backer before the Broncos pick. Mingo looks like a better match for a 3-4 defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncoinGermany


Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 2497
Location: Bad Nauheim
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
Kiper currently projects us drafting Sylvester Williams. Another mock has Mingo falling right into our lap at 25. Would you guys be happy with either or none?


I'd be happy if the Broncos would take Sylvester Williams in the 2nd round. He doesn't look like a 1st rounder.

My gut says that Barkevious Mingo will be taken by some team will take him as a rush-backer before the Broncos pick. Mingo looks like a better match for a 3-4 defense.


K. Well, I have been reading up a bit on the 2013 prospects, and with our premier needs being - in no particular order - DT, LB, WR, CB, RB, there a few players which seem to fit the mold of an Elway 1st/2nd round pick. All of them are either versitile and/or high effort la Wolfe:

DT - Jesse Williams, Louis Nix, Kawann Short
LB - C.J. Mosley, Arthur Brown
CB - Xavier Rhodes

These are players I think will more or less still be around at 25 and up.

Scouting - if what I am doing can be called that - offensive players somehow is not what I am interested in. So in case of RB and WR, I have no clue- although I have the feeling that our FO would rather sign a Shonn Greene type FA RB to pair with Hillman before drafting one in the first three rounds.
_________________

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 22163
Location: Conshohocken
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Willis McGahee seems to have forgotten that holding on to the football is preferred, I think we will be looking for a new running back in this draft.

Throwing Mike Gillislee's name out there cause I think he'd be a perfect back for us.

I'm just gonna keep on my Cordarelle Patterson hype train. I would love this kid to become a Bronco. We need as many dynamic players as possible.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncoinGermany


Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 2497
Location: Bad Nauheim
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Since Willis McGahee seems to have forgotten that holding on to the football is preferred, I think we will be looking for a new running back in this draft.

Throwing Mike Gillislee's name out there cause I think he'd be a perfect back for us.

I'm just gonna keep on my Cordarelle Patterson hype train. I would love this kid to become a Bronco. We need as many dynamic players as possible.


What do you guys know about Giovanni Bernard? His name has been popping up more often recently.
_________________

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bobdevine


Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 2232
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
What do you guys know about Giovanni Bernard? His name has been popping up more often recently.


Looks good, but with Hillman on the team I doubt the Broncos would go for a RB like Bernard.

Maybe the team will take a RB if Christine Michael (Texas A&M) is still available in the 3rd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncosFan2010


Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Posts: 1408
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really am not a fan of this years RB class. I would much rather try and sign Chris Ivory this offseason. He will only be 25 next year, doesnt have many miles on him and has the skillset of a feature back (Can run inbetween the tackles, can break free on the outside and keeps churning his feet). He isnt a very good pass catcher though, which may be a pre-requesite for this offense. If we do go for a RB, the only guy I really would want is Montee Ball but not before the 3rd round. He has tons and tons of wear on his body and desnt have the athlecism of Ivory. I do like his hands out of the backfield though.

I truly think that WR is one of our top, if not top, needs this draft. I am really high on either Patterson in the 1st or Tavon Austin in the 2nd. Both players are explosive, versatile playmakers from the slot. Much in the same mold of Percy Harvin (Although neither are as good. Patterson is very raw running routes and Tavon is very, very small).

After WR, I would look to get anoter DE/DT hybrid like Wolfe again. Keep buildng the pass rush. Sheldon Richardson has the chance to be a great disruptor, and can play outside as well. He is one year wonder though, which I am always wary of. Kawaan Short has 3 down potential, but he will be gone before we pick IMO.

Finally, there are som decent MLB prospects this year. I personally would trade this years 1st and next years 1st to get Manti Te'o. After him, Mauti is talented but IMO not a better prospect than Nate Irving, who I really wanna see get a shot. In the end, I really hope DJ gets enough snaps to show he can be a good MIKE. That would shore up that position going into the draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jsthomp2007


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 7388
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Broncos are not in a position to draft Manti. I hope they take a good hard look at Khaseem Greene from Rutgers. Sorry for miss spelling his name, I am just too lazy to look up how to spell it. But, you can look him up if you wish. But, he is studly.

Greene is a monster. He is fast, intense, smart, hard hitter, and a vocal leader. He actually emulates, to me, something of a Ray Lewis type.
_________________
Ninja stealth muggers in the Bellagio has left me in a state of congitive disonance...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JackedUP


Joined: 23 Oct 2009
Posts: 597
Location: NE
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
I really am not a fan of this years RB class. I would much rather try and sign Chris Ivory this offseason. He will only be 25 next year, doesnt have many miles on him and has the skillset of a feature back (Can run inbetween the tackles, can break free on the outside and keeps churning his feet). He isnt a very good pass catcher though, which may be a pre-requesite for this offense. If we do go for a RB, the only guy I really would want is Montee Ball but not before the 3rd round. He has tons and tons of wear on his body and desnt have the athlecism of Ivory. I do like his hands out of the backfield though.

I truly think that WR is one of our top, if not top, needs this draft. I am really high on either Patterson in the 1st or Tavon Austin in the 2nd. Both players are explosive, versatile playmakers from the slot. Much in the same mold of Percy Harvin (Although neither are as good. Patterson is very raw running routes and Tavon is very, very small).

After WR, I would look to get anoter DE/DT hybrid like Wolfe again. Keep buildng the pass rush. Sheldon Richardson has the chance to be a great disruptor, and can play outside as well. He is one year wonder though, which I am always wary of. Kawaan Short has 3 down potential, but he will be gone before we pick IMO.

Finally, there are som decent MLB prospects this year. I personally would trade this years 1st and next years 1st to get Manti Te'o. After him, Mauti is talented but IMO not a better prospect than Nate Irving, who I really wanna see get a shot. In the end, I really hope DJ gets enough snaps to show he can be a good MIKE. That would shore up that position going into the draft.


Agreed a guy like Chris Ivory would fit in great here in Denver. Im also thinking one of the Carolina backs is going to get cut/traded for low value and snagging one of them wouldn't be bad either.

We need another big play WR, DT seems to get up slowly everytime he's tackled and one of these times he's going to break!

Our top priorities should be(not in order)
1. WR
2. DT
3. RB
4. MLB
5. safety/corner depth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8326
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackedUP wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
I really am not a fan of this years RB class. I would much rather try and sign Chris Ivory this offseason. He will only be 25 next year, doesnt have many miles on him and has the skillset of a feature back (Can run inbetween the tackles, can break free on the outside and keeps churning his feet). He isnt a very good pass catcher though, which may be a pre-requesite for this offense. If we do go for a RB, the only guy I really would want is Montee Ball but not before the 3rd round. He has tons and tons of wear on his body and desnt have the athlecism of Ivory. I do like his hands out of the backfield though.

I truly think that WR is one of our top, if not top, needs this draft. I am really high on either Patterson in the 1st or Tavon Austin in the 2nd. Both players are explosive, versatile playmakers from the slot. Much in the same mold of Percy Harvin (Although neither are as good. Patterson is very raw running routes and Tavon is very, very small).

After WR, I would look to get anoter DE/DT hybrid like Wolfe again. Keep buildng the pass rush. Sheldon Richardson has the chance to be a great disruptor, and can play outside as well. He is one year wonder though, which I am always wary of. Kawaan Short has 3 down potential, but he will be gone before we pick IMO.

Finally, there are som decent MLB prospects this year. I personally would trade this years 1st and next years 1st to get Manti Te'o. After him, Mauti is talented but IMO not a better prospect than Nate Irving, who I really wanna see get a shot. In the end, I really hope DJ gets enough snaps to show he can be a good MIKE. That would shore up that position going into the draft.


Agreed a guy like Chris Ivory would fit in great here in Denver. Im also thinking one of the Carolina backs is going to get cut/traded for low value and snagging one of them wouldn't be bad either.

We need another big play WR, DT seems to get up slowly everytime he's tackled and one of these times he's going to break!

Our top priorities should be(not in order)
1. WR
2. DT
3. RB
4. MLB
5. safety/corner depth

(As of right now) I completely agree with those top priorities except Id put MLB at #1 and WR at #4. Whether its by draft or free agency MLB has to be at the top of our list.

That being said, something needs to be done about our WLB spot. If Woodyard gets re-signed then this team needs to do something about DJ. Either move him full-time to MLB or trade him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PGeorge2


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 1719
Location: Columbia, MO
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
ISheldon Richardson has the chance to be a great disruptor, and can play outside as well. He is a one year wonder though, which I am always wary of.


Sheldon is most definately not a one year wonder. He did the same thing in the big 12 last year. He is just getting more attention this year because he is doing it against SEC lineman. I think I posted on the 1st or 2nd page of this thread that he was a guy to watch this year. I'll try to find it.

Edit: Here is what I posted about him on May 7th, long before college football started.

PGeorge2 wrote:
Sheldon Richardson, DT, Mizzou

Guy has the potential to be a monster. I'm excited to see what he does against SEC offensive lineman this year.

_________________

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 17 of 83

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group