Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears work out punters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Bears work out punters Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4680226/bears-try-out-four-punters-at-halas

Podlesh has been pretty bad so far this year. Lovie Smith said today that he is healthy but I dont think thats the case.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reeeeally wanting Chas Henry to be drafted by the Bears. They're probably just building an emergency list in case Podlesh's hip goes out on him again.

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

bearsaddict

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just never ceases to amaze me. Good ole Jer waited for 2+ years while Brad Maynard sucked before giving him the ax. Phil is looking into contingency plans NOW. I love it. This dude gets it.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
This just never ceases to amaze me. Good ole Jer waited for 2+ years while Brad Maynard sucked before giving him the ax. Phil is looking into contingency plans NOW. I love it. This dude gets it.

This is true.

I feel while Lovie does not give up on guys to a fault, Emery is always holding people accountable.

If you do not perform expect to be replaced.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:

This is true.

I feel while Lovie does not give up on guys to a fault, Emery is always holding people accountable.

If you do not perform expect to be replaced.
Exactly. I've said it a thousand times, I like Lovie but he is faithful to a fault with his players. The perfect balance to that is a GM that is making everyone look over their shoulder every five minutes.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Bears work out punters Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4680226/bears-try-out-four-punters-at-halas

Podlesh has been pretty bad so far this year. Lovie Smith said today that he is healthy but I dont think thats the case.
Podlesh has not been "bad" but he is worse than last year. As the weather worsens his punting will likely get worse at Soldier Field. Quigley punted pretty well for us during the pre-season.

We definitely have the worst punter in our division.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Bears work out punters Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Podlesh has not been "bad" but he is worse than last year. As the weather worsens his punting will likely get worse at Soldier Field. Quigley punted pretty well for us during the pre-season.

Yeah he has been bad.

"On the season, Podlesh ranks 30th in the league with an average distance of 41.7 yards per punt. His net average, which factors in return yards, ranks 21st in the league at 38.4 yards per punt."

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/11/14/bears-to-try-out-punters/

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Bears work out punters Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Yeah he has been bad.

"On the season, Podlesh ranks 30th in the league with an average distance of 41.7 yards per punt. His net average, which factors in return yards, ranks 21st in the league at 38.4 yards per punt."

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/11/14/bears-to-try-out-punters/
I would say "mediocre" wrt the more important stat. But certainly not what we need.
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like it is about his performances rather than injury.

Zach Zaidman:
Quote:
Dave Toub on Adam Podlesh: "He's kind of in a slump right now and we're trying to battle through it."

Quote:
Dave Toub on Bears trying out punters: "This is a performance based business that we're in."

2013 Adopt-a-Bear: LB #50 James Anderson
Tackles: 103 || Sacks: 4.0 || Forced Fumbles: 0 || Fumble Recoveries: 1
ak06max

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:

Yes!! We have a real GM. I am looking forward to a move at tight end soon if Davis continues his downward trend .

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
Seems like it is about his performances rather than injury.

Zach Zaidman:
Quote:
Dave Toub on Adam Podlesh: "He's kind of in a slump right now and we're trying to battle through it."

Quote:
Dave Toub on Bears trying out punters: "This is a performance based business that we're in."

If anything it will put pressure on Podlesh, knowing his job is certainly up in the air... But really man, just delete your Adopt A- Bear... I'd rather have Ron Turner as our new OC than Davis as our TE another season

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: