Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: BAL Ravens @ PIT Steelers (Wk 11)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many sacks will Suggs have?
0 sks- Probably have a batted down pass, nothing more
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
1 sk- He gets one when we're in need of a key play.
45%
 45%  [ 9 ]
2 sks- That average Steelers OL cannot stop Suggs from dominating.
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
3 sks- Suggs goes complete HAM on them and puts himself in the CPOTY race.
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 20

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Go_Ravens2 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Leftwich is starting? Ravens win 1,000,000 to 7.

The 7 points coming from a Flacco pick six on an out route.

I forgot leftwich plays on their defense...

i really hope the players don't share your mentality that its going to be an easy game. Outside of the Houston game, this one will be the toughest test so far.

For our offense, certainly it will, but you know what, call me crazy but the Steelers are old and slow and we are young and fast on offense. WE NEED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT! Put those linebackers in space with our TE's and RB's and make them run all over the damn field. If we try to play power vs. them it could be a long day for us, but if we go finesse, we could do damage.

Defensively, I will NEVER trust Pees, but I just don't see Leftwich beating us unless Ed and Bernard blow several deep coverages.

Agreed. This seems like the game where Cam Cameron probably has saved up all of his "exotic" formations and playcalling for. He's probably been preparing for this game all offseason (hence while he tends to suck in all others)... and so he'll probably call a good game here utilizing Jacoby Jones on offense more... and it pays off with some big plays deep that opens things up for Boldin and relaxes the coverage on Smith a little.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
I'm most concerned with Antonio Brown, he's the guy that's nearly an impossible cover for us because of his immense quickness and great route running. Webb was our only hope vs. him IMO. Webb is gone.

With Mike Wallace, I'd prefer to put a healthy Jimmy Smith on him. Smith may struggle with double moves, but that's also largely been an issue against teams that have been pounding the ball against us and asserting their will. I'll trust that Smith was just trying to "do too much" as a young player and kept his eyes in the backfield, while covering his receiver.

Smith has covered Wallace before IIRC (when we put Webb in the slot) and looked pretty darn competent lining up against him (though I feel like he slipped in coverage a lot during that point in his career).

I just feel like I remember Cary Williams giving Wallace such a huge amount of space underneath (like 15 yards) that he was just abused with the Steelers throwing quick hitch passes and comebacks against him for 8-12 yard gains all day... Smith has the better physical skillset to cover a straight line speed demon like Wallace. Wallace has pretty good agility, but Smith has that as well. I'd leave Ed roaming over the top just in case of a double move. In a perfect world, we'd beat Wallace up at the LOS with Jimmy and put Ed deep and force the Steelers to go elsewhere.

That said, Emanuel Sanders is definitely no slouch and can ball. He can also make big plays.... and Smith might be a moot point anyway simply because it looks like the team might be trying to get him healthy... which I might not mind since we're playing against Leftwich. We might be able to survive without him... allow him to fully recover from his groin/abdominal issue and have him at 100% for the Steelers at home next time around.

If we put Jimmy on Wallace, he needs to stay disciplined with not biting on double moves. With Leftwich's slow release and strong arm, I feel as though they'll try to get deep on us a few times. It is important not to give up those big plays.

GO RAVENS!!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Ravens2 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
I'm most concerned with Antonio Brown, he's the guy that's nearly an impossible cover for us because of his immense quickness and great route running. Webb was our only hope vs. him IMO. Webb is gone.

With Mike Wallace, I'd prefer to put a healthy Jimmy Smith on him. Smith may struggle with double moves, but that's also largely been an issue against teams that have been pounding the ball against us and asserting their will. I'll trust that Smith was just trying to "do too much" as a young player and kept his eyes in the backfield, while covering his receiver.

Smith has covered Wallace before IIRC (when we put Webb in the slot) and looked pretty darn competent lining up against him (though I feel like he slipped in coverage a lot during that point in his career).

I just feel like I remember Cary Williams giving Wallace such a huge amount of space underneath (like 15 yards) that he was just abused with the Steelers throwing quick hitch passes and comebacks against him for 8-12 yard gains all day... Smith has the better physical skillset to cover a straight line speed demon like Wallace. Wallace has pretty good agility, but Smith has that as well. I'd leave Ed roaming over the top just in case of a double move. In a perfect world, we'd beat Wallace up at the LOS with Jimmy and put Ed deep and force the Steelers to go elsewhere.

That said, Emanuel Sanders is definitely no slouch and can ball. He can also make big plays.... and Smith might be a moot point anyway simply because it looks like the team might be trying to get him healthy... which I might not mind since we're playing against Leftwich. We might be able to survive without him... allow him to fully recover from his groin/abdominal issue and have him at 100% for the Steelers at home next time around.

If we put Jimmy on Wallace, he needs to stay disciplined with not biting on double moves. With Leftwich's slow release and strong arm, I feel as though they'll try to get deep on us a few times. It is important not to give up those big plays.

I don't think Smith has ever been beat deep by a burner though. We know that Smith has been the kind of player that displays a lot of confidence in himself and his coverage ability.

Usually Smith is getting beat deep by players with only above average speed. Perhaps it's a focus/overconfidence thing. He over-compensates his speed against those guys so he thinks he can gamble against their short routes. Against a guy like Mike Wallace, I'd have to wonder if we see him biting on double moves since he knows Wallace is actually faster than him.

If he's healthy, I'd line him up there until he proves he can't handle the assignment. At least with Smith he's an unknown commodity that looked pretty good against Wallace on the few snaps he received... I feel like we know what we'll get with Williams on Wallace... we'll get gigantic cushions that cause us to bend all the way down the field until we're giving up six.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, great GDT db!

As for the game itself, I'm never OVERLY confident going into a game against the Steelers, especially at Heinz field, but this is probably the most confident I have been in some time given the state of their quarterback situation at the moment.

Ignoring a few slip ups in our secondary, our defense actually looked a bit improved last game. I wonder if the newly signed Chris Johnson will see any time this Sunday, and if this past weekend will prove to be a fluke or a sign of legitimate improvement on that side of the ball.

While Pittsburgh's defense isn't quite what it used to be, it's still pretty formidable as evidenced by their showing on MNF. More importantly than Big Ben, I'm hoping Troy P continues to remain sidelined, and if that's the case I am loving our chances with Smith and Jones on the outside and Boldin in the slot. Looking forward to some big plays this weekend from our passing game.

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
Haha, great GDT db!

As for the game itself, I'm never OVERLY confident going into a game against the Steelers, especially at Heinz field, but this is probably the most confident I have been in some time given the state of their quarterback situation at the moment.

Ignoring a few slip ups in our secondary, our defense actually looked a bit improved last game. I wonder if the newly signed Chris Johnson will see any time this Sunday, and if this past weekend will prove to be a fluke or a sign of legitimate improvement on that side of the ball.

While Pittsburgh's defense isn't quite what it used to be, it's still pretty formidable as evidenced by their showing on MNF. More importantly than Big Ben, I'm hoping Troy P continues to remain sidelined, and if that's the case I am loving our chances with Smith and Jones on the outside and Boldin in the slot. Looking forward to some big plays this weekend from our passing game.

Agreed. Leftwich isn't a mobile QB that's going to be extending plays... and he's also not going to be shaking off sacks like butter. He also has a slow release. All of those things equates to our defense having a better chance at getting sacks and forcing some QB fumbles. It also leads to a better chance at our defensive secondary being able to have that extra split second to fly to the ball... and for Ed Reed a split second is the difference between being just out of reach... and a pick 6.

Its true that overconfidence breeds carelessness, but it's also true that we have a lot to feel confident about heading into this game.

The fact that we're playing the Steelers means I can guarantee the players aren't going to come into this game overconfident and lax. The Steelers, like the Patriots, are the one team that we'd probably try to want to embarrass at any chance we could get. We respect them too much to be overconfident. We're the little brother here. If Ben is out, we're not going to be overconfident, we're going to try and be that little brother who uses a sprained ankle as an opportunity to embarrass big brother for all those times he abused us when we were little.

I really want to see us go into Heinz and make a statement that this Ravens team can play well on the road. Honestly, I want to see us dominate this game and win by a few scores... but I'm also not foolish enough to think that blowing the Raiders out suddenly makes this team any more reliable. That suddenly its figured out how to start putting teams away and not playing down to their competition in any capacity... and I'm also not foolish enough to act like the Steelers aren't bringing an elite defense to this party, while we're bringing Dean Pees to the party.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah dont no wut them big werds in that thurr OP mean, but ah dont lik em

Anyway, I don't see this game being a fun one for Steelers fans. My hope is the defense steps up big so this can be a legit, good-old-fashioned Steelers-Ravens slugfest. I still won't expect a win, but I want this to be the kind of game that made our rivalry the huge deal that it is. I wish you all no luck in this game and hope a ludicrous amount of slippery banana peels miraculously appear beneath Ray Rice. Wink

takeonme on the sig
JROD82891

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I loved this GDT. Excellent job.

I expect a slaughter. From the several Pitt games I've watched you can run right at Woodley and Hood. Casey Hampton's tail is getting blown off the ball at an all time high. For some odd reason they don't play McLendon over him. If Clark cant play, Mundy and Allen will patrol the deep ball... may god and Joe have mercy on their souls.

Ravens 31-13

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JROD82891 wrote:

I expect a slaughter. From the several Pitt games I've watched you can run right at Woodley and Hood. Casey Hampton's tail is getting blown off the ball at an all time high. For some odd reason they don't play McLendon over him. If Clark cant play, Mundy and Allen will patrol the deep ball... may god and Joe have mercy on their souls.

Ravens 31-13

Sooo, this means that we will run right at James Harrison and Brett Keisel and throw only short-intermediate passes, right? I mean Cam rarely ever attacks a team's weakness, he has the ego problem so he always has to attack your strength and try to beat you like that.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
JROD82891

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JROD82891 wrote:

Ravens 31-13

Sooo, this means that we will run right at James Harrison and Brett Keisel and throw only short-intermediate passes, right? I mean Cam rarely ever attacks a team's weakness, he has the ego problem so he always has to attack your strength and try to beat you like that.

You sir, are correct!

Seriously, I think Cam sticks to his beloved full blown aerial assault, but I don't think the squeelers will be able to stop it. This isn't the pittsburgh pass rush we've been used to over the years. Cam's routes will have time to develop and it will be a night full of deep balls. I cant wait to see Jacoby dancing at Heinz on national tv.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's to a good game without injuries.

I can understand why some may think this is a going to be a walk in the park game as Ben's injury in some regards gives the Ravens a slight advantage. But what I think many fans and media outlets are missing is that the Steelers OL has been much improved and struggled only in the first half against the Giants and Bengals DL. (which so happen to be two of the best this season)

The Steelers have placed a bigger emphasis on establishing a running game and that was even before Ben's injury and it so happens that's this years Ravens team biggest weakness on defense. But the defense in general hasn't been its stellar self and has let some pretty average QBs put up decent stats. So if the Steelers defense looks "old and slow" and is still a top 5 defense I really don't know what to call the 2012 Ravens defense?

Every game that Ben has missed against the Ravens 2 of the games went into over time, while the others two games have been decided by less then 10 pts. I'm not expecting anything else come Sunday night. There is know blue print, film or in game tendencies for Byron Leftwich in a Todd Haley offense, so in some regards it's a unknown commodity at this point. Unlike years passed when it was a Whisenhunt or Arians lead offense the Ravens knew what to expect. But this is a completely new offense that has been evolving every week this season, so the level of unpredictability is very high. This is going to be a completely different run offense from what the Ravens have been accustomed to the pass few years.

If I had to predict a score I'd say 20-17 and the win will go to however has the ball last.

Last edited by SteelProven on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:

I can understand why some may think this is a going to be a walk in the part game as Ben's injury in some regards gives the Ravens a slight advantage. But what I think many fans and media outlets are missing is that the Steelers OL has been much improved and struggled only in the first half against the Giants and Bengals DL. (which so happen to be two of the best this season)

The Steelers have placed a bigger emphasis on establishing a running game and that was even before Ben's injury and it so happens that's this years Ravens team biggest weakness on defense. But the defense in general hasn't been its stellar self and has let some pretty average QBs put up decent stats. So if the Steelers defense looks "old and slow" and is still a top 5 defense I really don't know what to call the 2012 Ravens defense?

Every game that Ben has missed against the Ravens 2 of the games went into over time, while the others two games have been decided by less then 10 pts. I'm not expecting anything else come Sunday night. There is know blue print, film or in game tendencies for Byron Leftwich in a Todd Haley offense, so in some regards it's a unknown commodity at this point. Unlike years passed when it was a Whisenhunt or Arians lead offense the Ravens knew what to expect. But this is a completely new offense that has been evolving every week this season, so the level of unpredictability is very high. This is going to be a completely different run offense from what the Ravens have been accustomed to the pass few years.

If I had to predict a score I'd say 20-17 and the win will go to however has the ball last.

Well, here, let me sum it up for you!

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

I can understand why some may think this is a going to be a walk in the part game as Ben's injury in some regards gives the Ravens a slight advantage. But what I think many fans and media outlets are missing is that the Steelers OL has been much improved and struggled only in the first half against the Giants and Bengals DL. (which so happen to be two of the best this season)

Well, here, let me sum it up for you!

Hahaha... I always get a kick out of seeing Schaub merely consider blocking Sizzle.

Here's my projected statlines for some of the main contributors in a 20-13 win:

Flacco - 21/35, 251 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT

Rice - 23 carries, 81 yards; 5 catches, 37 yards, TD

Boldin - 8 catches, 82 yards

Smith - 3 catches, 70 yards, TD

Pitta - 4 catches, 30 yards

Suggs - 5 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 2 TFL

Pollard - 12 tackles, 1 INT

Tucker - 2/2 FG (25, 42)

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:

I can understand why some may think this is a going to be a walk in the park game as Ben's injury in some regards gives the Ravens a slight advantage. But what I think many fans and media outlets are missing is that the Steelers OL has been much improved and struggled only in the first half against the Giants and Bengals DL. (which so happen to be two of the best this season)

Actually not. The Ravens rushing defense has been giving up huge chunks of YARDS, but not huge chunks of yards per carry. The big weakness of our defense has generally been our inability to get off the field on 3rd down because a) our abysmal 3rd down% in which we're 23rd in the league and b) because we have so many costly penalties that take teams away from being in a hole to being in situations where they can continue drives and continue to wear down the defense.

It'd be true to say that this defense isn't as consistently stingy with rush defense, but even in the games where we've been gashed, we've usually been able to make adjustments to figure things out and turn it around... which is why we find ourselves with a 3.9 rush average (8th in the league). It's not as if we're the Atlanta Falcons and give up a bunch of yards plus are giving it up at a horrid clip. Teams have been able to have more success than in the past, but make no mistake... Leftwich will have to use his arm for much more than handoffs to beat/compete with us.

That said, our pass defense has certainly been below average. So Leftwich should have some matchups he can expose. He'll just have to hope he has the time to expose them. Your OL maybe much improved, but Leftwich is a statue- he's not Ben. Ben can protect an OL with his pocket presence and ability to shake sacks... Leftwich will be a sitting duck. Not saying that our pass rush gets to him, but if it does... your line doesn't have Ben's awesome pocket presence and quicker release to bail them out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^ The pass rush should also be seeing a huge boost this game.
BR.com- Pernell McPhee at 100% wrote:
"I feel like Im ready, I feel like Im 100 percent,
"I think the quickness is back because we were out doing drills and coach told me I look pretty good and I was moving pretty good so I think its coming back, he said.

In addition to that, Ngata had the bye week to rest his shoulder and knee, he only played sparingly against the Browns (on pass rush situations), and he didn't play at all against the Raiders. He's had a lot of time to get healthy. So it's not outside the realm of possibility to see him come back and regain some of his explosive ability as well. Our pass rush could end up seeing big time improvement.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
^^^^ The pass rush should also be seeing a huge boost this game.
BR.com- Pernell McPhee at 100% wrote:
"I feel like Im ready, I feel like Im 100 percent,
"I think the quickness is back because we were out doing drills and coach told me I look pretty good and I was moving pretty good so I think its coming back, he said.

In addition to that, Ngata had the bye week to rest his shoulder and knee, he only played sparingly against the Browns (on pass rush situations), and he didn't play at all against the Raiders. He's had a lot of time to get healthy. So it's not outside the realm of possibility to see him come back and regain some of his explosive ability as well. Our pass rush could end up seeing big time improvement.

Isn't McPhee ruled doubtful or out??

BlaqOptic wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 2 of 21

Jump to: