Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colin Kaepernick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ataal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
LANiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
wilmtalk wrote:

I also felt that Alex at this time might be the best option but I am beginning to change my perspective.

wilmtalk wrote:
I am fairly sure that Alex would not have been able to get the team in field goal position before the end of regulation with the little time that was left

These are the kind of comments that frustrate people on this forum who are often referred to as "Alex supporters". He's the third highest rated QB in the league, he has the third highest average per attempt, and he leads the league in completion percentage at over 70%. And that includes one truly awful game the likes of which he has not had in the past few years. Take away the Giants game and he not only leads the league in all three of those categories, his QBR would be 15 points higher than the next closest guy - higher I think than any QB has ever finished a season with. And still, after only one decent game by another qb, there are people here suggesting maybe the other guy should start. This sort of thing never fails to amaze me.

As for Alex not being able to lead us back. He was either first or second in the league last year in 4th quarter game-winning drives, and what he did against the Eagles and again against the Saints should have put that sort of talk to bed. But again, when it comes to Alex, facts never seem to get in the way of people's negative feelings about him.

I truly believe that unless Alex is clearly the best QB in the league many here will not be satisfied - and some will probably still be "looking for ways he can improve". I'm not suggesting he is the best QB in the league, or ever will be, but f I knew nothing at all about Alex and came to this forum and read the stuff in this thread I'd think I was reading about some guy having a so-so year, not the third highest rated QB in the
league.

+1

Alex never gets respect around here. before he was pulled out he was clicking with the offense I hate to have scenarios like what ifs but what if he wasn't injured he was definetly in rythm with the offense what if b4 halftime we would given us another score going into hbalf time 14-14 we would of won the game with his so called dunk and dink ways.

I like kaepernick but I don't see him ready this year heck I don't think he beats out alex next year what I'm hoping for is a scenario like the chargers in that we get some sort of trade value for one or the other I just hope harbaugh and company make the right choice when that time comes
He will. Kaep will be the starter. Maybe we'll get a 4th for Alex. That would be great.

As much as I like the fact that Alex has improved drastically under a Harbaugh-led team, a fourth seems kind of high. Maybe a team that is really really hurting for a quarterback might do it, I suppose, but I'm pretty sure everyone's muttering under their breath that Alex's success is a product of Harbuagh's system. I just don't see him starting for the Chiefs, Jags, etc... and playing at the same level.

Just conjecture at this point, so we'll have to see how it pans out.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:

How long do we have alex under contract for?
Alex signed a three year deal with us back in March.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

I think that if we release him by April, then we're off the hook for a big chunk. And I feel that we will release him this April.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

I think that if we release him by April, then we're off the hook for a big chunk. And I feel that we will release him this April.

I think Kap's upside is higher. If the coaching staff and management think he's ready then Yes, maybe we let Alex go But if we go deep into the playoffs for the second year in a row it would be a heck of a gamble.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

I think Kap's upside is higher. If the coaching staff and management think he's ready then Yes, maybe we let Alex go But if we go deep into the playoffs for the second year in a row it would be a heck of a gamble.

It would be a gamble, no doubt, but I think Kap will be ready next year. There's really only one way to find out, and it's to commit to him. He's not going to benefit by only coming in WildKaep packages here and there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

It would be a gamble, no doubt, but I think Kap will be ready next year. There's really only one way to find out, and it's to commit to him. He's not going to benefit by only coming in WildKaep packages here and there.
Yeah I agree. Everyone on the team probably knows he is the future for now. I think Alex is replaceable. I mean, Alex was on his way to being a backup until Harbaugh got here. There are a lot of guys out there who can fill Alex's role here. Safe football is the mantra for dealing with a guy like Alex. I feel that the staff desires more than that.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

Yeah I agree. Everyone on the team probably knows he is the future for now. I think Alex is replaceable. I mean, Alex was on his way to being a backup until Harbaugh got here. There are a lot of guys out there who can fill Alex's role here. Safe football is the mantra for dealing with a guy like Alex. I feel that the staff desires more than that.

SoCal, steady, all just opinion with nothing to substantiate it...of course, the same is true for my opinion: that Alex will still be the starter at least one more year after this one. My point is, that the staff have given us no reason to think anything will change with the QB situation in the near future. I'm not trying to argue, just pointing out there is no way any of us can know because they haven't told us a thing (and likely never will).
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

I disagree from an organizational standpoint, as I think Alex will be here at least one more year (though I believe there'll be an open competition for the starter job). The thing is, Kaepernick was only a 2nd round pick to begin with, so there's no real need to fully push for it to happen sooner than it needs to. Plus, there's no real need to purge money this offseason IIRC. Therefore, why not keep Alex around for next year as a safety net then try and trade him the following year when we need to start worrying about guys like Justin Smith, Bowman, Goldson (if he's franchised again)? I don't foresee a guy like Alex going for anything more than a 4th rounder anyway, so it's not like he's going to lose a ton of value in that one year.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 26th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #25, Eddie George: 51
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 578
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
here are a lot of guys out there who can fill Alex's role here. Safe football is the mantra for dealing with a guy like Alex.

This is one area where I disagree with you. Alex is exceptional at not throwing ints. Everyone seems to agree that it's hard to throw for 4000 yards, or things like that, but people seem to think anyone can avoid ints. Yeah? Well why did Alex have one of the lowest int rates ever last year? And why is he low again this year - even after a horrible 3-int game? The fact is that there are NOT a lot of guys who are as careful with the ball as Alex. I understand you don't value that the same way the coaching staff does, but I don't believe it's accurate to say lots of guys are as good at that as he is.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

I disagree from an organizational standpoint, as I think Alex will be here at least one more year (though I believe there'll be an open competition for the starter job). The thing is, Kaepernick was only a 2nd round pick to begin with, so there's no real need to fully push for it to happen sooner than it needs to. Plus, there's no real need to purge money this offseason IIRC. Therefore, why not keep Alex around for next year as a safety net then try and trade him the following year when we need to start worrying about guys like Justin Smith, Bowman, Goldson (if he's franchised again)? I don't foresee a guy like Alex going for anything more than a 4th rounder anyway, so it's not like he's going to lose a ton of value in that one year.

I don't think Alex would fetch anything higher than a 5th or 6th. Last year, there was no interest in him in the open market, and we were more than willing to gamble with him. Now I wasn't in 49er HQ, but when he went to Miami to play hardball, we didn't seen to be in a panic at all. Not only that, but we didn't even up his offer by a lot. Either the organization didn't have much respect for Alex, or they knew that his value was minimal because of his style of play.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

SoCal, steady, all just opinion with nothing to substantiate it...of course, the same is true for my opinion: that Alex will still be the starter at least one more year after this one. My point is, that the staff have given us no reason to think anything will change with the QB situation in the near future. I'm not trying to argue, just pointing out there is no way any of us can know because they haven't told us a thing (and likely never will).

Fair enough, and yes, it's all speculating. I think the staff perusing Peyton was enough to show me that they were fine with Alex walking, and were ready to move on to a new QB. I'm confident that Kap will be ready next year, with another off season under his belt.

We're on the hook for 7.5 million if we keep Alex past April, which is why I think we release him. April 1st to be exact, so this will be a fun April fools.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

Fair enough, and yes, it's all speculating. I think the staff perusing Peyton was enough to show me that they were fine with Alex walking, and were ready to move on to a new QB. I'm confident that Kap will be ready next year, with another off season under his belt.

We're on the hook for 7.5 million if we keep Alex past April, which is why I think we release him. April 1st to be exact, so this will be a fun April fools.

While that is true, Barrows pointed out that Kaep's and Alex's contracts TOGETHER are LESS than most other starting QBs.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
While that is true, Barrows pointed out that Kaep's and Alex's contracts TOGETHER are LESS than most other starting QBs.

We can thank Jedi Master Marathe for that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

We can thank Jedi Master Marathe for that.

Or we can thank the CBA.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
mrscottso

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

They were willing to let him walk for Manning. There are plenty of teams that would do that. He is the exception to the rule.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: