Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pass rushers in this draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skrILL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Pass rushers in this draft Reply with quote

Is it just me or does there seem to be a ton of them?

Jarvis Jones
Damontre Moore
Barkevious Mingo
Sam Montgomery
Bjorn Werner
Dion Jordan
Ezekial Ansah
Corey Lemonier
Alex Okafor
William Gholston
etc. etc. etc.

After seeing this list it's hard to think that at least a couple of these guys won't fall to our 2nd round pick. Are we best off going QB round 1 and pass rusher round 2?

N E W Y O R K J E T S
teamorange

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the QBs this year, so no but we should entertain the thought of double dipping
JetsDH23

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless the Jets sign a FA like Connor Barwin this offseason, I think it's an absolute must that they double dip at the OLB position in the draft. Whether it be in the 1st & 3rd or 2nd & 4th, it needs to be done.

Just out of curiosity, if you guys had a choice of two OLB for the Jets to draft, who would it be and why? (be reasonable, don't just say the top 2 OLB's, because we all know it won't happen.)

Mine would be:
1st Round- Jarvis Jones-Georgia
3rd Round- Michael Buchanan-Illinois

Last edited by JetsDH23 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
teamorange

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetsDH23 wrote:
Unless the Jets sign a FA like Connor Barwin this offseason, I think it's an absolute must that they double dip at the OLB position in the draft. Whether it be in the 1st & 3rd or 2nd & 4th, it needs to be done.

Just out of curiosity, if you guys had a choice of two OLB for the Jets to draft, who would it be and why? (be reasonable, don't just say the top 2 OLB's, because we all know it won't happen.)

Jarvis Jones and Corey Lemonier
skrILL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetsDH23 wrote:

Mine would be:

I'm really adamant about getting a QB in the first so I'm gonna go ahead and say:

Free Agent acquistion (Connor Barwin preferably, wouldn't mind Anthony Spencer, Cliff Avril, or Shaun Phillips... hell as long as we fix one of the positions I wouldn't be outraged with another season of Calvin Pace)
Round 2: Ezekial Ansah/BYU

Rome wasn't built in a day. We have a lot of fixing up to do. I don't want to compromise other positions of need like WR or RB. I'm gonna post a mock draft soon.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
kbraun7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

round 1: Jarvis Jones
Round 2: Chase Thomas
Jet Life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barkevious Mingo or Damontre Moore in the 1st round.

And if either of them declare, I'd take Jackson Jeffcoat or Brandon Jenkins in the mid rounds
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good draft for pass rushers, interior lineman, and wide receivers.

All three are areas of huge need on the Jets.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
JetsDH23 wrote:

Mine would be:

I'm really adamant about getting a QB in the first so I'm gonna go ahead and say:

Free Agent acquistion (Connor Barwin preferably, wouldn't mind Anthony Spencer, Cliff Avril, or Shaun Phillips... hell as long as we fix one of the positions I wouldn't be outraged with another season of Calvin Pace)

Rome wasn't built in a day. We have a lot of fixing up to do. I don't want to compromise other positions of need like WR or RB. I'm gonna post a mock draft soon.

THis is not a year to draft a QB in the first. We dont want anything to do with Barkley or Geno. Grab one of Bray, WIlson, or Jones in the second or third. Great value there.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
kbraun7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Jets can grab an OLB, G and WR in rounds 1, 2 and 3 id be very happy
skrILL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbraun7 wrote:
If the Jets can grab an OLB, G and WR in rounds 1, 2 and 3 id be very happy

And do what about QB?

N E W Y O R K J E T S
skrILL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
skrILL wrote:
JetsDH23 wrote:

Mine would be:

THis is not a year to draft a QB in the first. We dont want anything to do with Barkley or Geno. Grab one of Bray, WIlson, or Jones in the second or third. Great value there.

If Tajh Boyd comes out I'd say he's worth it. If Bray comes out he probably goes in the top half of the first round too, same with Wilson (I know he's a senior).

N E W Y O R K J E T S
perikirest

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werner has Watt/Kerrigan written all over him.

AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perikirest wrote:
Werner has Watt/Kerrigan written all over him.

I couldn't really decide if he was more like Aaron Schobel, Jared Allen, Jason Babin, Clay Matthews, Chris Long, Shea McClellin, Brian Robison, Kyle Vanden Bosch, JJ Watt, Ryan Kerrigan, Connor Barwin, Brooks Reed, Jarrett Johnson, Paul Kruger, Aaron Kampman, or maybe even Jack Youngblood. He's really so similar to all of them, I can't pick.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones and thats it

Adding a Von Miller type pass rusher to this D would do wonders for us

I dont want any other OLB if he's there

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: