Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

No chance for Routt??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilkieray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: No chance for Routt?? Reply with quote

My very first post Very Happy

Kinda ignorant of the business side of the ball but what are the chances we try to free up cap room to take a shot at Routt? Not even sure if it would be a good move considering he flopped in KC of all places but he does have more potential than what we have and looked good last year. We'd overpay but if it was turned out to be that "missing piece" it'd be worth it IMO.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many needs to chase a player with attitude problems.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.

I wouldn't be opposed to signing Routt. Yeah he has his issues and was cut by two teams, but I'd take his baggage for at least the rest of the season if it means we can finally start to upgrade our secondary.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see it happening for a couple of reasons.

First, Wright should be back soon. I think everybody is hoping he can be the savior for the secondary.

Second, they signed Chris Carr a few weeks ago. He makes 5 CB once Wright is playing. He also has some real S/T value, and should be the guy returning kicks. There's only so many times Weddle can drop the ball before they stop letting him go back there.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
I don't see it happening for a couple of reasons.

First, Wright should be back soon. I think everybody is hoping he can be the savior for the secondary.

Second, they signed Chris Carr a few weeks ago. He makes 5 CB once Wright is playing. He also has some real S/T value, and should be the guy returning kicks. There's only so many times Weddle can drop the ball before they stop letting him go back there.

Wright is back.

It was stupid to put Weddle back there when you have a guy like Cason.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Wilkieray

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally do not think that Wright is the answer for this team at all. I think the guy is a stud special teamer and has a high motor which I personally love watching but I don't think his cover skills vs. a #1 or #2 reciever are there. Sure, he might do a decent job against a #3 but I don't like the idea of him as a 1 or 2 CB. I hope he proves me wrong but I see him more as Rudy than Revis. Still love him as a special teamer.
Stone85

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure it was Routt who I saw absolutely atrocious coverage stats on. It was either blown coverages or missed tackles, he was #1 in the league, and it wasn't even close

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
Incidental contact? His blind are you?
Wilkieray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda want to take back my comments on Wright. I think with a little more practice and game experience he can become a solid #2. Has given up a few big plays but solid overall and plays really hard. Also he like to hit, something we haven't had in a #2 CB in quite a while.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: