Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 draft wish list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dro wrote:
throwing the words drug addict around are harsh.
thats how I feel. I'm just being honest about it

It's weed for christ sakes. You can't get addicted to it!

And its now legal in 2 states.

Look, calling someone a drug addict can mean a lot of different things. While being a smoker is actually a drug addict considering that nicotine is a drug and its addicting, any person who smokes is just called a smoker.

If someone tries marijuana one time or just does it socially, doesnt necessarily mean they are an addict.

So you consider Fred Davis and Trent Williams drug addicts? And I bet that you want to resign them because they have talent right? Or do you not want to resign them because they are "addicts"?

Using the term addict pushes it a bit far.

There are random drug tests done in the NCAA and I can imagine some of his tests are done by the school to ensure that he stays clean while on the team, as this covers the schools butt in any violations.

That being said, if we draft any one of those guys, I would be happy that we drafted great talent in areas of need.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/06/kenny-vaccaro-longhorn-safety-makes-our-short-list.html

I love what this article says- eventhough it's about the patriots. It talks about how deep the draft class is for safeties.

I think we take a guy in round 2 or 3, gotta take a cb high also.

Late in the draft I want them to take Kenny Tate. I see him as a SS in the NFL. 6'4, 220 to 230 runs a 4.6 40. I think he'd be a good late rounder to nab.

I do like what I read about Phillip Thomas. Sounds like he's a playmaker. I'm biased towards the terp kenny Tate though. Laughing Wink
Yep lucky for us this class is deep at S, WR, and while I'm not as high on this year CB class there are still a few I like that we could get. Plus multiple potential free agents at those positions. I can't wait to see how the Skins approach the offseason. If they do it right we could make a real run at the playoffs next year.

Yeah just started following Thomas, but he seems like he could be a mid round steal. I haven't seen much on Tate gonna have to take a closer look, definitely has some good size though.
Tate is recovering from a knee injury and isnt what he once was before that injury just yet. md moved him to a rover/olb type position last year, under fridgen he played FS at a high level and i still see him as a SS in the nfl. You want to talk about a steal? He could go 6th, 7th or undrafted. Doubt undrafted, but you never know.

I agree with your post buddy. Good discussion. Cool

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/JIb8uTXg1W0

http://www.umterps.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/tate_kenny00.html

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013OLB.php

Quote:
Kenny Tate, SS/OLB, Maryland

Height: 6-4. Weight: 220-230.
Projected 40 Time: 4.6 - 4.7
Projected Round (2013): 7-FA.

10/20/12: Tate missed the first three games of the year. He has 15 tackles, three passes broken up and a forced fumble through three contests. Tate has to stay healthy the rest of the year to have any shot at getting drafted.

8/29/12: Tate has played both linebacker and safety in his Maryland career. He is a tweener, but should be a linebacker in the NFL.

Tate had an excellent 2010 season as the starting free safety and was a First-Team All-ACC pick. He had 100 tackles, 8.5 tackles for a lost, 3.5 sacks and three interceptions.
pretty clear, when healthy and used correctly IMO as a safety, Kenny Tate is a great prospect. His injury and the position switch hurt his draft stock. I see him going late in the draft or undrafted and playing safety. He was a better player at free safety than he's been at LB. Why have him put on weight? I'd have him stay the same size and be a big hitting scary SS like Landry was for us.

No doubt the kid definitely has potential, wouldn't be upset to see the Skins draft him in the later rounds. Wonder why they would switch his position after he just came off an ALL-ACC season. I get that he's a tweener, but why not have him try to drop 5-10lbs, and play the position he's shown he is very effective at.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope they get some guys that are good football players.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he shouldn't be doing it. Period! Until the rest of the US passes it, it's illegal. I don't want players on the redskins participating in things that can get them suspended.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dro wrote:

never thought I'd see weed and Christ in the same sentence. I think I may have seen it all now! Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
redskins4life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope we improve our secondary and OL via draft and free agency! I'm sure we go CB with our 2nd round, cuz we can still get a stud CB at that time! But, my favorite player coming out of the draft 2013 would be Manti Teo!
tyler735

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Well he shouldn't be doing it. Period! Until the rest of the US passes it, it's illegal. I don't want players on the redskins participating in things that can get them suspended.

You're going to be hard pressed to not find college athletes that don't/haven't smoked weed. Having just finished playing sports in college the past 4 years, I can say that a large number of college athletes smoke weed. There is a big difference between a kid in college partying/experimenting, and a grown up adult pro that was never able to grow up. Basically, I find it hard to fault a kid that made a petty mistake partying in college. In the middle rounds it is absolutely worth it to take a risk on a few of these guys, it's possible they might not grow up, but we have to take a chance, it's not like it was violent crimes these guys were getting themselves into.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

You're going to be hard pressed to not find college athletes that don't/haven't smoked weed. Having just finished playing sports in college the past 4 years, I can say that a large number of college athletes smoke weed. There is a big difference between a kid in college partying/experimenting, and a grown up adult pro that was never able to grow up. Basically, I find it hard to fault a kid that made a petty mistake partying in college. In the middle rounds it is absolutely worth it to take a risk on a few of these guys, it's possible they might not grow up, but we have to take a chance, it's not like it was violent crimes these guys were getting themselves into.
i get it, but if I had millions on the line I'd stay the eff away from it. People are stupid to risk that for a high.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what people in here think, most of which are 30 an under. It matters what these players future employers think. Guys like Mathieu and Rambo without those red flags would be late first, early second round picks. They are throwing away millions. Millions that they will never see again in their lifetime, all for a few Highs.

It's sad to see wasted talent like that. It's why I could never stand guys like Haynesworth and Hall. Talent to be pro bowlers but poor work ethic, discipline and focus to get there.
Ktizzzlee21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Amerson in the 2nd round...please

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dro wrote:

Look, calling someone a drug addict can mean a lot of different things. While being a smoker is actually a drug addict considering that nicotine is a drug and its addicting, any person who smokes is just called a smoker.

If someone tries marijuana one time or just does it socially, doesnt necessarily mean they are an addict.

So you consider Fred Davis and Trent Williams drug addicts? And I bet that you want to resign them because they have talent right? Or do you not want to resign them because they are "addicts"?

There are random drug tests done in the NCAA and I can imagine some of his tests are done by the school to ensure that he stays clean while on the team, as this covers the schools butt in any violations.

That being said, if we draft any one of those guys, I would be happy that we drafted great talent in areas of need.

technically its not legal yet in Colorado....damn feds....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktizzzlee21 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dro wrote:

technically its not legal yet in Colorado....damn feds....
it will be legally eventually and I hope it is. It's not even as bad as alcohol. It's just going to take time and the govt has to figure out how to regulate it. Legalizing it, regulating it and taxing it will allow this country to make money off of taxing it like cigarettes and alcohol. Also, less money will be spent on people going to prison and jail.

It's only a matter of time till its totally legal. until it is legalized though, People who have a job on the line if they get caught using weed need to not use it. if they care about their job they should stay away. It's obvious these players who mess with it don't care enough to stay away. I don't want that kind of player on this team. I want a focused player who knows how to say NO at a party. I want the guy who's in the gym working out or studying instead of smoking up. I want the guy who's working his as$ off to get into the league, not the kid who thinks its just a given and is going to use drugs and risk that all.

With the exception of Trent we have been drafting those types of kids and our team is better off for it in the long run.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktizzzlee21 wrote:

A 6'3" corner with speed -- very intersting prospect. Are there currently any 6'3' corners .. they usally have trouble with a quick turn and end up at safety..
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Ktizzzlee21 wrote:

A 6'3" corner with speed -- very intersting prospect. Are there currently any 6'3' corners .. they usally have trouble with a quick turn and end up at safety..
some scouts are saying that's where he'll end up and that's fine by me. He has great hands- 18 ints over the last two years. You want a FS to have good hands for sure because when they make plays on the ball they will actually pick it off, not just hit the man like Landry and Ryan Clark.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen, we do NOT discuss drugs here. Stick to football.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Ktizzzlee21 wrote:

Anything to get #41 off the field.
Anything.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12

Jump to: