Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Anyone else here have sleeping trouble?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
Well, I have sleep apnea. So, yes. Yes, I have trouble sleeping.

This is a cause a lot of the time. I also have it, and my wife just got a CPAP too. Go see a Dr, and have a sleep study done. It's the best way to figure out what's going on. Sleep Apnea can kill you, so it's worth checking with the Dr to be safe.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
My issue isn't really the same, but falls in line with sleeping troubles...

I fall asleep pretty easily and at a reasonable time (10PM-11:30PM on work days). I am the lightest sleeper though, I wake up to almost anything. Seriously, minimal sounds of a floor creek, heat turning on, car passing by on the street, etc.

I causes me to literally wake up 1-5 times a night. It sucks...

Same. Anytime my girlfriend moves, I wake up. If the dog moves, I wake up. If I turn in my sleep, I wake up. If I wake up only twice in a night, it's a good night. And when I do wake up, often times I'm unable to fall back asleep -- happens a lot when I wake up at any point after 3 or 4AM -- I typically just get up and go lay on the sofa and watch TV for about 2 hours and if its a weekend I'm able to eventually fall back asleep for a little bit. But weekdays is obviously a different story.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
This is a cause a lot of the time. I also have it, and my wife just got a CPAP too. Go see a Dr, and have a sleep study done. It's the best way to figure out what's going on. Sleep Apnea can kill you, so it's worth checking with the Dr to be safe.
I always advocate getting a sleep study done. My CPAP has done wonders for me.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In contrast to most everyone in this thread, I sleep like a baby. 1 am - 10 am daily, except Thursdays where I have to wake up at 9:30, but thats no big deal.

I drink coffee regularly throughout the day.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
My issue isn't really the same, but falls in line with sleeping troubles...

I fall asleep pretty easily and at a reasonable time (10PM-11:30PM on work days). I am the lightest sleeper though, I wake up to almost anything. Seriously, minimal sounds of a floor creek, heat turning on, car passing by on the street, etc.

I causes me to literally wake up 1-5 times a night. It sucks...

Same. Anytime my girlfriend moves, I wake up. If the dog moves, I wake up. If I turn in my sleep, I wake up. If I wake up only twice in a night, it's a good night. And when I do wake up, often times I'm unable to fall back asleep -- happens a lot when I wake up at any point after 3 or 4AM -- I typically just get up and go lay on the sofa and watch TV for about 2 hours and if its a weekend I'm able to eventually fall back asleep for a little bit. But weekdays is obviously a different story.

Some times it's not just that you're a light sleeper, it's that you're not getting into REM sleep, or you're waking up like with apnea. It would be worth talking to your Dr about.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Often it takes a while before I'm sleeping ~30 minutes. And lately I been waking up 2-3 a night, it's very annoying. Woke up at 6, and couldn't fall asleep again Mad

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just make sure to envision this before you go to sleep every night

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
In contrast to most everyone in this thread, I sleep like a baby. 1 am - 10 am daily, except Thursdays where I have to wake up at 9:30, but thats no big deal.

I drink coffee regularly throughout the day.

I was out like a light today which is unusual. Fell asleep around 9 AM(after the issue I explained earlier) and slept straight until 7 PM without waking lol.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Rei

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have trouble getting enough sleep. Usually I fall asleep around 4-6am, wake up at 8-9am.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Really. Whenever i do have problems sleeping i just close my eyes and listen to my ipod, sleep like a baby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
My problem when I go to bed is that my mind goes into overdrive. I constantly think about anything and everything whether it be my personal life or just simple things like sports. I try to clear my mind and not think about anything but it doesn't work. It's almost like I can't turn off my mind so I can fall asleep. There are times where I just lay there for hours. It's frustrating but it's never been something that I need to take sleeping pills for or something that I need to seek a medical solution. It's just more of a nuisance than a real serious problem that others have.

Lol that happens to me sometimes. I have conversations with myself in my head.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Rei

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
My problem when I go to bed is that my mind goes into overdrive. I constantly think about anything and everything whether it be my personal life or just simple things like sports. I try to clear my mind and not think about anything but it doesn't work. It's almost like I can't turn off my mind so I can fall asleep. There are times where I just lay there for hours. It's frustrating but it's never been something that I need to take sleeping pills for or something that I need to seek a medical solution. It's just more of a nuisance than a real serious problem that others have.

Lol that happens to me sometimes. I have conversations with myself in my head.

I'm pretty sure we all have conversations with ourselves even when not trying to sleep. Laughing Hell, I talk to myself in interviews or pretend someone is talking to me and I answer their questions. There's more but yeah... lol

My brain never wants to stop qq

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:

Story of my life.

But really, I have a lot of sleep problems too. Even when I'm really tired I usually toss and turn for around 2 hours before finally falling asleep, or if I do manage to fall asleep in a timely manner I'll wake up around 3:30, and be unable to fall back asleep until around 7:00. And every morning I wake up with a headache so even when I can sleep in I can't because it feels like my skull is going to split open. So yeah, I'm tired a lot.

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
I always advocate getting a sleep study done. My CPAP has done wonders for me.

I think I should get tested for a sleep disorder. I think there's a chance I might have narcolepsy.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another not-so-rare night for me: Woke up at 3AM, tossed and turned until 5:30AM when I finally got back to sleep. So much for that normal 6AM alarm to go to the gym. Now I have to figure out how to squeeze it in either later today or tomorrow morning. #nothappy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: