Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC Game of the Week: Bears at 49ers
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: NFC Game of the Week: Bears at 49ers Reply with quote

Under Construction....

Go!!

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am praying that Cutler plays, but I just have this unshakable feeling that the rumors are true and he isn't going to suit up. If that is the case we are in real trouble in this one.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
I am praying that Cutler plays, but I just have this unshakable feeling that the rumors are true and he isn't going to suit up. If that is the case we are in real trouble in this one.
Jason Campbell and Alex Smith are very similar players, I don't see us really being in trouble w/ Campbell, at least if he's willing to attempt plays down the field. The captain Checkdown has to go away.

WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler shouldn't play we need him for the long haul and we only need to win 4 of 7.

This game with Cutler at 100% I would Favor us, but with him likely out and the fact that their running game should grind on our defence I think the 49ers win. Which is okay because I thought that this was a loss when I projected the schedule.

This is the team that I think we match up the worst against a strong running team with an ultra conservative passing game.

49ers 16 Bears 9
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had always predicted a split for these 2 games. So I'm predicting a win here. This team under Lovie has rarely lost back to back games, and this is a big step in securing the first round bye.

49ersfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the most important aspects of a game between these kind of teams is turnovers. And for reference...

Quote:
Since 2011: #49ers have least amount of turnovers (19) in the #NFL, while the Bears have forced most takeaways (61).

https://twitter.com/TaylorPrice49/status/268895595022913536

Something's going to give. If Kaepernick starts he could force a lot of turnovers, but Alex is generally safer with the ball. We'll see what happens on MNF. Good luck!
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RANDY MOSS returns to SOLDIER FIELD...home to many end zone trips by him.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Badger75

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Jay Cutler should not play in this game
2. Jason Campbell should be good to go
3. Bears win a squeker assuming both kickers are ready to go Cool
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
RANDY MOSS returns to SOLDIER FIELD...home to many end zone trips by him.

Huh? Think You do know the game is at Candlestick right?

Anyway, as for the game I think Cutty should sit this one out. Last time the Bears played at San Fran in prime time it wasn't too pretty and Jay played an awful game. That was three years ago when the 49ers weren't all that great. Fast forward to now and the 49ers have a much better defense and a more rounded out squad. I don't trust the Bears o-line against that D with all the crowd noise that's going to be bumping in there.

Coming off what looked like a pretty severe concussion, it's best that Jay avoids getting hit for one week and gets ready to play back at home in an important divisional match up with the Vikes in week 12.

I think Campbell can do just enough to keep the Bears in this game, but ultimately I think the 49ers come out on top by 3 points.

Oh and I really hope Alshon is back this week. Never thought I'd say they'd be needing a rookie WR to play this badly, but it's clear the passing game has been hurting without him.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wut

My bad. I thought it was in Chicago.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
Whether Jay plays or not, this will be a game almost impossible for us to win. We have not won there in a Quarter of a Century even when the 49ers were crap. Combine that with MNF and it would take a near miracle for us to be victorious.
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Cutler can play but if it is Campbell I think he'll be better than the second half of the Texans game. With proper preparation and the knowledge that he is going to start you would like to think he would perform better. A returning Alshon (if that happens) would be a help but if the offesne plays like how it did against Houston then we won't win this. Defense needs to play like they have done all year but if I had to predict now, I'd say Campbell plays and the 49ers win, 17-10. Even with a loss here though I would still be confident that we can get to the play-offs.
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: S #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 5 || Interceptions: 0 || Forced Fumbles: 0
rub10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO Cutler should sit this one out and come back to play the next week. His body probably could use the break and we wouldnt want his concussion to get worse. 1 game versus the rest of the season. I'll take the loss this game to keep Cutler for the rest of the season personally. I think we will play the 49ers well but they will squeek by with 3 to 7 points and it will be because we wont be able to convert on our opportunities.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
Whether Jay plays or not, this will be a game almost impossible for us to win. We have not won there in a Quarter of a Century even when the 49ers were crap. Combine that with MNF and it would take a near miracle for us to be victorious.

Almost impossible? Laughing

I guess we might as well not show up right?

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
bears2308

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:

The stat, "We haven't won there in a quarter of a century" is ridiculous. Different players with different coaches. Both of these teams will thrive off the run game and defense. It's a coin flip IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 1 of 37

Jump to: