Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Thread - V 3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who are the best (young) defensive players available? as we have put Goethel on IR so have a spot
Rolni

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Edwards for vet minimum?
Darbsk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:

We already have 2 decent LDE's in Houston and Shaughnessy. I don't dislike Edwards but rather keep the pair we've got and maybe look at a DT to bring the best out of them. I think Houston has huge potential much higher than Edwards and Shaughnessy can be at least as effective IMO.

We need a RDE that will trouble the QB regularly, unfortunately they don't come cheap unless we can somehow pick up a Derrick Burgess type that hasn't had the chance yet and may come cheap..........

Michael Johnson is the only guy i can see having that sort of impact but he ain't gonna come cheap as plenty of teams will be interested
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
Rolni wrote:

We already have 2 decent LDE's in Houston and Shaughnessy. I don't dislike Edwards but rather keep the pair we've got and maybe look at a DT to bring the best out of them. I think Houston has huge potential much higher than Edwards and Shaughnessy can be at least as effective IMO.

We need a RDE that will trouble the QB regularly, unfortunately they don't come cheap unless we can somehow pick up a Derrick Burgess type that hasn't had the chance yet and may come cheap..........

Michael Johnson is the only guy i can see having that sort of impact but he ain't gonna come cheap as plenty of teams will be interested

Michael johnson is a decent option, one I remember hoping we'd draft when he dropped into the 2nd round a few years ago
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwight Freeny is having a poor season after attempting to make the transition into a 34 OLB in addition to battling an ankle injury. Perhaps he wants to continue his career and finds himself short on suitors this off-season?

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope we make a move for Jairus Byrd who will be a FA. Leave Huff at CB. Move Gio back to his backup role.

All the pass rushers that are FA will wont big money and they are getting old. Rather draft a pass rusher in the 1st.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
I really hope we make a move for Jairus Byrd who will be a FA. Leave Huff at CB. Move Gio back to his backup role.

All the pass rushers that are FA will wont big money and they are getting old. Rather draft a pass rusher in the 1st.

And what DE would that be that the Raiders would be drafting in the 1st?

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Well I said pass rusher so it doesnt need to be a DE but Moore would be my first option if he declares. Obviously this all depends on where we pick and who is available and if we are able to trade back.

Either way my main point is we arent going to find that guy in FA, we will likely try to find them in the draft and it may not be in the first. I should have said get a pass rusher in the draft rather than in the 1st. And this year there are plenty of good pass rushers in round #2 so trade back would be ideal.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Well I said pass rusher so it doesnt need to be a DE but Moore would be my first option if he declares. Obviously this all depends on where we pick and who is available and if we are able to trade back.

Either way my main point is we arent going to find that guy in FA, we will likely try to find them in the draft and it may not be in the first. I should have said get a pass rusher in the draft rather than in the 1st. And this year there are plenty of good pass rushers in round #2 so trade back would be ideal.

Where do you foresee the Raiders drafting and assuming that a trade back is highly unlikely and thus the Raiders fail to acquire a 2nd then who would you draft 1st and who would be your targeted pass rusher of choice outside of day one selections?

Bonez wrote:
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever suggested trading a late round pick for Saints RB Chris Ivory looks pretty smart right about now . . .

LOL. I also remember someone suggesting he must suck because he hasn't shipped away at Ingram's carries. Hmmmm . .

Bonez wrote:
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Whoever suggested trading a late round pick for Saints RB Chris Ivory looks pretty smart right about now . . .

Woo! Props to the person who originally suggested it and me for supporting them!

Baggabonez wrote:
LOL. I also remember someone suggesting he must suck because he hasn't shipped away at Ingram's carries. Hmmmm . .

Boo! Boo to you BP! Boo, I say!

#FreeAgent
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Where do you foresee the Raiders drafting and assuming that a trade back is highly unlikely and thus the Raiders fail to acquire a 2nd then who would you draft 1st and who would be your targeted pass rusher of choice outside of day one selections?

in the 1st I see us picking somewhere in the 16-22 range. Current guys I think will be available that are options. Note: not all of them my favorite.

J. Banks CB
D. Jordan DE
E. Fischer OT
J. Matthews OT
E. Ansah DE
J. Hunter WR (dont think we need a WR but may be too hard to pass up depending who is left)

And honestly I wouldnt be opposed to taking C. Thomas in the 1st depending on who else is left. He plays like a round 1 pick. He still may get there.

Assuming we cant trade back and get into the 2nd here are some other pass rushers we can look at.

Sean Porter
Michael Buchanon
Margus Hunt
Datone Jones
Quanterus Smith ( think I like his potential the most)
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:

Because he had 1 big 58 yard run?? Please. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

He looks nice, admit it! Wink
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

He looks nice, admit it! Wink

Yes, ADMIT IT!

#FreeAgent

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 10 of 79

Jump to: