Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fed ex field help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big44dog

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Fed ex field help Reply with quote

Hey guys got a quick question. Sorry if this should be in another thread. Heading down to fed ex field Sunday and my brother who planned the trip and of course never got a parking pass. Since stubhub charges a ridiculous 110 dollar service fee I'm wondering/ hoping there's some off site place where I can park and Cab it or shuttle in? Thanks in advance
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some off site parking spots to where you can walk to the stadium, bout a half mile to a mile away. I have not heard anything of a shuttle. When I have gone its been with a pass, but you might be able to find a pass on ebay for cheaper.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are only the lots that Mike is talking about. They used to have a shuttle service but I believe Snyder got rid of it in one of his "brilliant moves" a few years ago! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shuttle servives were horriblr. Go to the gray cash parking lot. You can cut through the woods,everyone does even though theres a sign that says you can't get to the stadium from there. Wink Its the closest without parking at the stadium. Super close!!

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
The shuttle servives were horriblr. Go to the gray cash parking lot. You can cut through the woods,everyone does even though theres a sign that says you can't get to the stadium from there. Wink Its the closest without parking at the stadium. Super close!!
when I used to go to games back in 05 and 06 to see Sean play. My gf lived in nw DC. She worked near Clyde's in Chevy chase. We'd eat have a few beers there, take the metro to new Carlton with our remmy and coke 1 liters. Then on the metro shuttle bus we'd drink them on the way to the stadium. We'd be nice by the time we got to the stadium. Them we'd have 1 maybe two beers to keep that buz up during the game.

Those were some great times for me! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
big44dog

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the tips guys
Mattdee11

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy this post exists I will be down there for the first time ever to. I will be there for weekend .Doing the Aerospace museum and wizards game on Saturday and Redskins game all day Sunday. I was wondering what are the must eat in the vicinity. Best BBQ and Sandwich places . Also a nice place for dinner ... THANKS IN ADVANCE!
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattdee11 wrote:
Happy this post exists I will be down there for the first time ever to. I will be there for weekend .Doing the Aerospace museum and wizards game on Saturday and Redskins game all day Sunday. I was wondering what are the must eat in the vicinity. Best BBQ and Sandwich places . Also a nice place for dinner ... THANKS IN ADVANCE!
if you are by the Verizon center during dinner and you like Mexican go to rosa mexicana. Ive had business mtgs there and ate there on new years eve. its right across from the arena. Abe pollin way and 7th street... I think
Mattdee11

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot seems like a nice dinner place , defiantly gonna do that before wizards game . Now I just need a few lunch spots .
Mattdee11

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's pretty cool is my last Skins game I went was December 07 against the giants , when they were in the same must win mode. It was a beautiful thing watching all the giant fans leave early in there house . I was in the lower section with a bunch of skin fans chanting hail to the redskins, brought tears to my eyes thinking about Sean. ONE OF MY FAVORITE MEMORIES. I hope I could be a part of another streak this time.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattdee11 wrote:
What's pretty cool is my last Skins game I went was December 07 against the giants , when they were in the same must win mode. It was a beautiful thing watching all the giant fans leave early in there house . I was in the lower section with a bunch of skin fans chanting hail to the redskins, brought tears to my eyes thinking about Sean. ONE OF MY FAVORITE MEMORIES. I hope I could be a part of another streak this time.
are you going to be in around the Verizon center for lunch and fed ex

There is also a Clyde's right outside Verizon center and a Lucky strike bowling alley/bar. It's a cool spot.
big44dog

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I had the time to go hang out for the weekend. Making the trip from NY at 6 am , heading back after the game. They better win lol. Mattdee that 07 game was the last Skins game I was at too, that's crazy. I was down by the Skins sideline as Andre Carter was waving bye to the giant fans, was great. Went to the skins/ Jets game that year too. 2-0 in NY. Sadly that was the last game the Giants lost that year. Wound up getting the parking pass to avoid the headache. Thanks again guys.
Mattdee11

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all I just wanted to thank you all for your help. Also wanted to give you an idea of how awesome my day was. Was given a field pass by one of the workers at the field and also was given a game ball by Josh Morgan . One of the most unforgettable days of my life.

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly crap Mattdee11! Awesome! I'm glad you and big dog brought us a win and you guys got a fun game to go to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: