Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Battered and Bruised: Ravens vs. Steelers GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B&G MVP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Battered and Bruised: Ravens vs. Steelers GDT Reply with quote

Ravens @ Steelers

Kickoff: November 18th, 8:20PM EST
Channel: NBC

Analysis

It's that time of year again! Ravens vs. Steelers. This is the first of two marquee match ups that each team circles on their calendar each year, but this week comes with awful circumstances for the Steelers.

The most significant injury to both teams this week is the one to Ben Roethlisberger. He is likely out this week, which gives the Ravens a great chance to steal a win in Pittsburgh from a Steelers team that has gotten its act together since a lackluster start. The injury looks serious, so Byron Leftwich could be at the helm of the team for the foreseeable future.

With that being said, Steelers Ravens games are always tight, and the Steelers will be looking to avenge a season sweep by the Ravens from last year that prevented the Steelers from capturing the division title.

This game will be a lot closer than most will expect, as the Ravens have been offensively hapless on the road all season and can expect to see a steady diet of Dwyer, Redman, Rainey, and potentially Mendenhall in order to attack their uncharacteristically weak run defense. Life without Ben begins this week, so it's time for the Steelers to make a statement to their division rivals.

Key to the Game

The team that plays better defense and establishes the run game will come away with this victory. The Ravens can't throw outside of the Vault and Byron Leftwich can't throw, period. The Steelers need their backfield to step up and the defense to generate turnovers. That's winning football. That's Steeler football. Anything less will result in a loss without our MVP.

Other Thoughts

Despite the fact Ben probably won't play this week, I think it's important that we him in our thoughts and hope he has a speedy recovery this week. He has things that are a lot more important than a Ravens game going on this week, so here's to hoping the little Roethlisberger due later this week makes it into the world safely, and healthily.

And now for the main attraction

Props to mike23md on the awesome signature!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big, big game! Great write up and really, really hot chicks. Laughing Wink Cool

I think Byron will look better with a week to prepare, remember last week he didn't have that.

I think the steelers will be able to run the ball with the double thumper tandem of Redman and Dwyer. This will will wear down the ravens D. Lets play ld style steelers ball w/o Ben. Ground and pound, tough D. Then when we loosen them up, throw it deep with Byron's strong arm on their suspect CBs.

Cool

24-20 steelers!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for getting this thread up fairly early, and a very nice write-up.

Since drafting big Ben in 2004, the Steelers are 0-4 against the Ravens in games that Big Ben does not play. Time to break that streak! This is Haley's chance to be really adaptable and creative. Use the Steelers' comparative advantages well, and there is an opportunity to take the division lead.

Baltimore has a pathetic run defense this year, there have been at least a couple of 200+ yard run games against them. I want to see some running like the second half of the Cincy game! We might have Mendy as well, if so use all 3 of the main runners and wear them out.

Time for the D to really step up as well. I suspect Clark will be allowed to play again. Harrison often has had some of his best games against the Ravens, so time to dig deep into that aging body. What gives me some hope here is that the pass D is playing better than many of us expected.

Quote:
Wide receiver Antonio Brown (high ankle sprain) is questionable for Baltimore, as is running back Rashard Mendenhall (Achilles). And safety Troy Polamalu (torn calf), who hasnít practiced since Oct. 5, is doubtful. Last week, coach Mike Tomlin said Polamalu might be ready for Baltimore. Right tackle Marcus Gilbert (ankle) could practice this week.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2945831-85/steelers-ravens-season-roethlisberger-afc-baltimore-clark-concussion-flacco-pittsburgh#ixzz2CD9TdZYQ
C$!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Steelers better get the run game going, becasue I don't like Leftwitch in Haley's offence. The quick passing attack needs a QB who can get rid of it fast, and Lefty's wind up is too long. He looks like he is a pitcher winding up.
I hope Redman, Dwyer and Mendy can run all over these guys.
I would also like our D to smack Flacco in the mouth a few tims also.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My my my, how people are betting the Steelers are sure to lose both Ravens games.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
My my my, how people are betting the Steelers are sure to lose both Ravens games.

We lost both with Ben last year....why would you bet otherwise when we are without him?

If I were a betting man, Id bet against us too. Not saying there is no chance, but they definitely arent good.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
stillersenat wrote:

We lost both with Ben last year....why would you bet otherwise when we are without him?

If I were a betting man, Id bet against us too. Not saying there is no chance, but they definitely arent good.

Ravens games come down to situational play calling and Haley's is much better than Arians. Ravens have struggled on D moreso this year. Im thinking the Steelers win 23-17.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
stillersenat wrote:

Ravens games come down to situational play calling and Haley's is much better than Arians. Ravens have struggled on D moreso this year. Im thinking the Steelers win 23-17.

WITH BEN....sure.

WITHOUT BEN....not nearly as likely.

Neither defense is much better than average right now. If we had Ben, I would like our chances. Without him...our chances are minimal. If Hampton and Hood dont step up, Rice will have a big day, which will set up play action, and some big plays from Torrey Smith are very likely.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens have played horrible away from home... and they're dealing with several key injuries. Injuries that together, are worst than ours of Ben and Troy.

I actually think we can win this if the defense stops any big plays and the line can help the run game become effective. Are we really forgetting that our line and run game has been impressive (sans Monday) for the last 5 games and the Ravens have pretty much the worst run defense this year?

Stop throwing in the white towel; I like our chances on Sunday.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
stillersenat wrote:

WITH BEN....sure.

Neither defense is much better than average right now. If we had Ben, I would like our chances. Without him...our chances are minimal. If Hampton and Hood dont step up, Rice will have a big day, which will set up play action, and some big plays from Torrey Smith are very likely.

43M I disagree with you about the Steelers defense being barely average. I don't care what teams the Steelers played this season being #1 in ypg, 7th in PPG is good. The large amount of turnovers/sacks are there but getting off the field is what the Steelers defense has.

The Ravens have beating the Steelers in the four games without Ben, but everyone of those loses were FG and one 6 pt win. The Ravens should be more worried than the Steelers because if they lose to the Steelers without Big Ben and the hold the the division they are in trouble.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
stillersenat wrote:

WITH BEN....sure.

43M I disagree with you about the Steelers defense being barely average. I don't care what teams the Steelers played this season being #1 in ypg, 7th in PPG is good. The large amount of turnovers/sacks are there but getting off the field is what the Steelers defense has.

The Ravens have beating the Steelers in the four games without Ben, but everyone of those loses were FG and one 6 pt win. The Ravens should be more worried than the Steelers because if they lose to the Steelers without Big Ben and the hold the the division they are in trouble.
i do also. I was going to say the same thing. The steelers D started the season out average -no doubt- but the last month or so it's been pretty damn solid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pittsburgh is tied with Tampa for second easiest strength of schedule to this point at .398 behind only Atlanta at .370.

Baltimore is not much better and just behind at .407

One win against a team with a winning record, the New York Giants, who appear to be in their annual November tailspin.

...you have a forum resume?
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of easiest schedule or not; without big ben you can bet the pressure is on the Ravens. Likehood is that this game now have became a possible trap game for the ravens. Its always been an emotional game for both of us when playing each other. I'm not suggesting factors are in our favor but intangibles sure are in our favor.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate that we're on Sunday night against Baltimore with no Ben and the ugly bumble bee jerseys!!!!!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
stefan52268

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Hate that we're on Sunday night against Baltimore with no Ben and the ugly bumble bee jerseys!!!!!

What the Lucky Jerseys? Wink

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: