Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Injury report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Terranimal wrote:
Here's a question- On another board someone was saying Van Rotten has played center before. Anyone know anything on this and if he could an emergency or down the road option for the future?

Agree with you Palmy that we are alright for now but if a guy went down could be scary.....best case would be that Sherrod can be healthy enough to stick and not need to be placed on IR this year. Though not the best yet, he would be the best of the option behind this group would think......and give them some flexibility.

Good chance they view Van Rotten about the same way they view EDS. That's his game all day long. Could have a long future in Green Bay pending how the board falls on draft day. If EDS moves into that starting center gig, they are going to need that gameday "up" as a interior swing. Just like EDS though, if he gets a shot to be a starter in the NFL odds are very high it will come at center.

Is the OL a pressing need, in your eyes, this April? I realize it will depend on how the draft falls, but would you consider OL to be more pressing than anything else?
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Sherrod would need to get his look and fail for me to view this thing as a pressing need. More of a depth issue right now in my eyes. With a healthy Sherrod at left tackle, most would take this Packers cast of starters. Center might be a need come draft day but I'm starting to think EDS should get a fair look at this point also. Saturday has come around a bit of late also. Hard to say how that center gig will play out for next season at this time. If Saturday stays another year and Sherrod comes to play, both the starters and depth looks very solid. Then you must ask how the two undrafted lineman on the active roster and Datko might look come camp with a full year in the program

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
McCarthy on Woodson: "He's a lot closer than any of us thought he'd be at this time. Same with Greg Jennings.

McCarthy says Jordy Nelson "looked like himself." He was listed as limited but McCarthy says he looked "normal." Sounds like he's a go.

Someone bust out the theraflu, its about to get sick. Wink

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
incognito_man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:

Someone bust out the theraflu, its about to get sick. Wink

I don't remember what our team looks like at full strength in their groove....hope I get to see it in January and February.
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone literally said to me "Why do you want Greg back so bad? Cobb and Jones are playing good."

Why?

Why?!

Dog, he put the team on his back.

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
CallMeBarrett

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennings and Nelson are back in this game?

500 yards. Market↓
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
Someone literally said to me "Why do you want Greg back so bad? Cobb and Jones are playing good."

Why?

Why?!

That dude deserves a heckling.

Also, I am going to disagree with palmy about the OL. I think at the very least we need to add one player. Personally I didn't like what I saw from the OL in preseason at all. Aside from EDS, I don't trust any of the bench players. They will have to step it up mightily. I also would have no problem drafting another tackle early if that is how the board falls. Sherrod was bad, then injured. I would hate to pass on a quality lineman hoping Sherrod finally gets it.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

Why?

Why?!

Also, I am going to disagree with palmy about the OL. I think at the very least we need to add one player. Personally I didn't like what I saw from the OL in preseason at all. Aside from EDS, I don't trust any of the bench players. They will have to step it up mightily. I also would have no problem drafting another tackle early if that is how the board falls. Sherrod was bad, then injured. I would hate to pass on a quality lineman hoping Sherrod finally gets it.
I think Sherrod got a bad wrap early in the preseason playing guard and people never let it go. He had a pretty dang good game vs ATL, certainly he was rough around the edges but that's what we expected. That said, with how solid this team is, if the board sets up with a LT as clear BPA, I take him. I'd rather end up with 2 LT's than end up with 0. Hard to know who you want until you are on the clock!

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

Why?

Why?!

I would agree with you but that's not what I was asked. I was asked if I felt the OL was a pressing need on draft day as of right now. In that, I would say no RIGHT NOW. Clearly this team has less than ideal depth there right now. If you can find value on the line at some point I sure as hell would not cry about it, rounds 1-7.

Just saying. Team has it's long term guards and RT. You gave a 1 for Sherrod and he has not seen his look. Center could be seen as "pressing" in the eyes of some but I feel EDS is able there as well. One could also say our depth would be a good bit better should Sherrod come to play because of Newhouse then being man-6.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read a report that has Sherrod all but guaranteed for IR. For what it's worth (nothing, I know), I'm done with him. Absolute zero in 2 years from a first rounder. Before anyone says "Aaron Rodgers," maybe think of the fact that we had Brett Favre instead of Marshall Newhouse as the alternative. I don't want to be that guy, I really don't. But Sherrod has given us nothing and Newhouse is very upgradeable. If there is a solid T prospect, take him.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also want to make it perfectly clear, that I like nothing more than being proven wrong by Packers players that I am pessimistic about. I will gladly admit I didn't like James Jones when we drafted him and he is very good. I hope Sherrod is a 7 time pro bowl LT for the Packers. I just don't see it. And I will cheer him on like a mad man. I'm just ready to hedge my bets.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

svp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An overview looks like it takes a year or two to draft and develop OL
and a few games to get hurt.
It provides unbalanced ratios.

MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I also want to make it perfectly clear, that I like nothing more than being proven wrong by Packers players that I am pessimistic about. I will gladly admit I didn't like James Jones when we drafted him and he is very good. I hope Sherrod is a 7 time pro bowl LT for the Packers. I just don't see it. And I will cheer him on like a mad man. I'm just ready to hedge my bets.
I hope you are wrong too, but if there is a LT where we pick, I would not 1 bit be sad if we took that said player. I know Sherrod was a project but last year when he came in I never once said "Yep, not one ounce of doubt in my mind this is the unquestioned LT of the future." He was decent but certianly far from a star. We need to have a LT otherwise after not too long we might be looking for a new QB. Can't let Rodgers keep getting beat like a drum. Hopefully what ever was hurting Bulaga gets fixed and he gets his hip right and returns back to prior form and this O-line will be good if we can find a LT.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I just read a report that has Sherrod all but guaranteed for IR. For what it's worth (nothing, I know), I'm done with him. Absolute zero in 2 years from a first rounder. Before anyone says "Aaron Rodgers," maybe think of the fact that we had Brett Favre instead of Marshall Newhouse as the alternative. I don't want to be that guy, I really don't. But Sherrod has given us nothing and Newhouse is very upgradeable. If there is a solid T prospect, take him.

Good lord, he broke his leg for crying out loud. Rolling Eyes Back in 1996 we didn't give up on Mike Flanagan after he broke his leg and he ended up being a pretty good center. I think you are being a tad premature to give up on this kid.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

Good lord, he broke his leg for crying out loud. Rolling Eyes Back in 1996 we didn't give up on Mike Flanagan after he broke his leg and he ended up being a pretty good center. I think you are being a tad premature to give up on this kid.
If we don't have a good LT, in time we will be looking for a new QB. I'd rather have 2 LT's than 0. Right now it looks like we have 0.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: