Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Baltimore Ravens vs. Oakland Raiders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StRawz11

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's get this Steeler gameday thread going.....casue my body is ready

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
And what if it worked out well? Kind of like Ingram in San Diego? Would you have criticized it then?

My point is, you harp on the coaches not being creative enough, and yet when he attempts to be a bit more creative, you call him an idiot for doing so.

Well, Ingram was known for being moved around everywhere at South Carolina so I'm not sure that's an apt example. Upshaw is/was pretty much an edge-only guy and that's where most of his strengths lie. I guess it wasn't a bad idea to try it but I think SnA said it best - creative within the bounds of realism.

No doubt, Ingram probably wasn't the best example to use, but it got my point across.

We've heard of coaches, even Rex Ryan while he was here, using players in all sorts of positions in practice to just see how it worked out. In this situation, I don't see it as anything other than a glorified practice in which Pees was just throwing ideas at the wall to see if anything stuck. My guess is that the idea came from how well we saw McPhee perform as DT in passing situations last season and Upshaw isn't much smaller than McPhee (Upshaw at 6'2 272lbs, McPhee 6'3 280lbs) and is more athletic so hey, why not see if it works? If it were a close game, I'd have flipped out -- even in this case, I'm not totally sold on it. I just thought it was odd that Pees was in fact trying to be creative and try some new ideas out (as crazy as it may be), and the one poster who preaches creativity week in and week out was the one who was now leading the charge on calling him an idiot.

PSA: If your 2015 mock has the Ravens taking a RB in round 1, you're doing it wrong.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
And what if it worked out well? Kind of like Ingram in San Diego? Would you have criticized it then?

My point is, you harp on the coaches not being creative enough, and yet when he attempts to be a bit more creative, you call him an idiot for doing so.

Well, Ingram was known for being moved around everywhere at South Carolina so I'm not sure that's an apt example. Upshaw is/was pretty much an edge-only guy and that's where most of his strengths lie. I guess it wasn't a bad idea to try it but I think SnA said it best - creative within the bounds of realism.

No doubt, Ingram probably wasn't the best example to use, but it got my point across.

We've heard of coaches, even Rex Ryan while he was here, using players in all sorts of positions in practice to just see how it worked out. In this situation, I don't see it as anything other than a glorified practice in which Pees was just throwing ideas at the wall to see if anything stuck. My guess is that the idea came from how well we saw McPhee perform as DT in passing situations last season and Upshaw isn't much smaller than McPhee (Upshaw at 6'2 272lbs, McPhee 6'3 280lbs) and is more athletic so hey, why not see if it works? If it were a close game, I'd have flipped out -- even in this case, I'm not totally sold on it. I just thought it was odd that Pees was in fact trying to be creative and try some new ideas out (as crazy as it may be), and the one poster who preaches creativity week in and week out was the one who was now leading the charge on calling him an idiot.

Well when I said creativity, that wasn't really what I was talking about. I don't know if Pees was using him to rush the passer or to actually play DT to try to shoot the gaps and get penetration, I just don't know.

All I know is that when I said I want more creativity, I meant in terms of pre-snap movement by players, stunts, cross-dogs, overloads, zone blitzes, etc. not lining up OLB's at DT and ILB's at DE.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

Well when I said creativity, that wasn't really what I was talking about. I don't know if Pees was using him to rush the passer or to actually play DT to try to shoot the gaps and get penetration, I just don't know.

All I know is that when I said I want more creativity, I meant in terms of pre-snap movement by players, stunts, cross-dogs, overloads, zone blitzes, etc. not lining up OLB's at DT and ILB's at DE.

So you want more "confusion" rather than "creativity" -- maybe it's just the semantics then, because as soon as I saw you call him an idiot for trying to be creative with the lineup, I was like "WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!"

PSA: If your 2015 mock has the Ravens taking a RB in round 1, you're doing it wrong.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

So you want more "confusion" rather than "creativity" -- maybe it's just the semantics then, because as soon as I saw you call him an idiot for trying to be creative with the lineup, I was like "WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!"

Yeah I suppose you could word it like that.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:

Creating... Give me an hour.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:

Thank you kind sir

sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:

Thank you kind sir

Torqued.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:

Thank you kind sir

Torqued.

Fully torqued bro

wackywabbit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1 winning drive videos from this game are really amusing, as you'd expect from the bench of a blowout victor.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who wanted to see Courtney Upshaw playing DT for us, here it is:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/0ap2000000096007/Playbook-Ravens-vs-Steelers

I guess we primarily used him in a 2-3-6 variant except made it a 1-4-6 even front. Nothing too harmful came of it, but we better hope that if we use it this week Upshaw can hold his ground against the run.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19

Jump to: