Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Barnes coming back
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 7859
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Barnes coming back Reply with quote

RT Khalif Barnes (back from groin injury) took most of first-team reps, Allen said he “looked good”

Thank goodness. If they insist on keeping W. smith they should move him to backup OG. His biggest trouble seems to be speed/finesse on the outside. He is a good RB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5299
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q: How can you tell when your offensive line is terrible?

A: When you are happy about Khalif Barnes regaining his starting role.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 7859
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Q: How can you tell when your offensive line is terrible?

A: When you are happy about Khalif Barnes regaining his starting role.


True. Lol. However I thought he was doing much better before he was injured. Especially in the penalty department.

It will be nice to see all 5 of our starting OL for the first time this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 5241
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Q: How can you tell when your offensive line is terrible?

A: When you are happy about Khalif Barnes regaining his starting role.


True. Lol. However I thought he was doing much better before he was injured. Especially in the penalty department.

It will be nice to see all 5 of our starting OL for the first time this year.


Um no . . . . the Raiders are upgrading from defenders running through wet tissue paper to a dry paper bag.
_________________
2013 Mancrush: DT Richardson, OT Joeckel, FS Vaccaro, FS Rambo, WR Dobson, RB Michael, TE McDonald, OT Foketi, WR Swope
Raidin wrote:
My love for Rod is growing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nightmare


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 2724
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Q: How can you tell when your offensive line is terrible?

A: When you are happy about Khalif Barnes regaining his starting role.


Awful, isn't it? We thought the same when Cornell Green went down a couple of years ago as well.

Recent RT history... Crying or Very sad
_________________
Quote:
Warren Sapp is a fool. That dude is stupid. He played for the Raiders 20 years ago, no one cares what he says, nobody likes him, he’s a joke.
^ ^ ^ Chaz Schilens
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitty


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 3570
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know the last time we had a good RT was Lincoln Kennedy in 2002
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chali21


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 2624
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
You know the last time we had a good RT was Lincoln Kennedy in 2002


Wait a minute...that was when we went to the Super Bowl. Guys I think I found our problem..lets covert Pryor to a right tackle.

He starts.
He's so athletic he protects Palmer and beasts the run game! Everyone wins!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chali21


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 2624
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
You know the last time we had a good RT was Lincoln Kennedy in 2002


Wait a minute...that was when we went to the Super Bowl. Guys I think I found our problem..lets covert Pryor to a right tackle.

He starts, and He's so athletic he protects Palmer and beasts the run game! Everyone wins!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
You know the last time we had a good RT was Lincoln Kennedy in 2002


Wasn't Lincoln Kennedy a LT ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 13890
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
bitty wrote:
You know the last time we had a good RT was Lincoln Kennedy in 2002


Wasn't Lincoln Kennedy a LT ?


Barry Sims was the LT.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 9837
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random note....here's DA on Taiwan Jones...

Quote:
"He's got to prove to us that he can stay healthy, that he's got to know what to do on every single play and he's got to protect the football," coach Dennis Allen said. "We're giving him those opportunities in practice, and as he shows us he's going to be able to do that, he'll see more time."


Oh and both Gio and Branch did not practice today...yikes
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nbaker1933


Joined: 31 May 2011
Posts: 2076
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Q: How can you tell when your offensive line is terrible?

A: When you are happy about Khalif Barnes regaining his starting role.


i went to training campo this year, and afterwards players come over to sign autographs, he came over to me and i said "nah im good"


Yesterday i remarked at how much i missed him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dreadymatt


Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 1005
Location: Saturn
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Barnes coming back Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
RT Khalif Barnes (back from groin injury) took most of first-team reps, Allen said he “looked good”

Thank goodness. If they insist on keeping W. smith they should move him to backup OG. His biggest trouble seems to be speed/finesse on the outside. He is a good RB.


RB?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darbsk


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 863
Location: Wales, UK
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Barnes coming back Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
RT Khalif Barnes (back from groin injury) took most of first-team reps, Allen said he “looked good”

Thank goodness. If they insist on keeping W. smith they should move him to backup OG. His biggest trouble seems to be speed/finesse on the outside. He is a good RB.


RB?


I think he meant run blocker??

TBH I don't think he's 'good' at either but his run blocking is better than his pass protection. Barnes gets a lot of stick here and he certainly isn't great but he is a serviceable RT as we've found out recently. Worth keeping on the team next season in case our draft picks (assuming we try to upgrade OL) don't work out IMO
_________________
“It may take us a short while, but we'll get that nastiness of the Raiders back.”
Mr. Al Davis RIP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 7859
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Barnes coming back Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
RT Khalif Barnes (back from groin injury) took most of first-team reps, Allen said he “looked good”

Thank goodness. If they insist on keeping W. smith they should move him to backup OG. His biggest trouble seems to be speed/finesse on the outside. He is a good RB.


RB?


I think he meant run blocker??

TBH I don't think he's 'good' at either but his run blocking is better than his pass protection. Barnes gets a lot of stick here and he certainly isn't great but he is a serviceable RT as we've found out recently. Worth keeping on the team next season in case our draft picks (assuming we try to upgrade OL) don't work out IMO

Yes to all of those.

Probably hasnt helped Briesel any either to be sandwiched in between two rookies in essence. Seeing as this is Wiz first season playing only OC and Smith in the most action he has seen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group