Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Roethlisberger has sprained shoulder and dislocated rib
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Ben is back in 2 weeks for the battle in Baltimore. I'd hate to see the Ravens beat the Steelers twice without him.

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
I hope Ben is back in 2 weeks for the battle in Baltimore. I'd hate to see the Ravens beat the Steelers twice without him.

I hate this overconfident feeling a lot of Ravens fans are getting. In this statement you're making it seem like a foregone conclusion the Ravens will come into Pittsburgh and beat the Steelers. I think we are the favorites due to the injury, but this is still going to be an incredibly tough game. I just hope the players aren't writing this one off as a win like some of our fans...

GO RAVENS!!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Ravens2 wrote:
KiddKillah wrote:

I hate this overconfident feeling a lot of Ravens fans are getting. In this statement you're making it seem like a foregone conclusion the Ravens will come into Pittsburgh and beat the Steelers. I think we are the favorites due to the injury, but this is still going to be an incredibly tough game. I just hope the players aren't writing this one off as a win like some of our fans...

I think you're looking too much into this comment... KK said nothing that I'm sure nobody in this thread is thinking... including Steelers fans.

The point here being, Big Ben is about as big a part of this rivalry as their is. Before last season (IIRC) we had never beaten the Steelers without Ben in the lineup. Now he could theoretically end up missing BOTH of our games this year. If we win this game and the other... it would serve to cheapen the feeling. We would have done nothing but beat a Pittsburgh team with a backup QB at the helm... and not a MVP candidate.

Obviously a win is a win, but a rivalry win isn't as sweet without the key names playing. Honestly, this rivalry has already seen less flare recently. Hines Ward not being around (in any capacity), Ray Lewis out, Troy Polamalu likely out, no Jarrett Johnson here, and now Big Ben isn't playing... not to mention key young players in Webb being out and Antonio Brown potentially being out. James Harrison hasn't looked like the same player this season.

This is honestly, the least pumped I've ever been for a Ravens/Steelers rivalry game now. Should be a good game still, but... it's just not the same now, perhaps GT changes that feeling. Not talking

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
The point here being, Big Ben is about as big a part of this rivalry as their is. Before last season (IIRC) we had never beaten the Steelers without Ben in the lineup. Now he could theoretically end up missing BOTH of our games this year. If we win this game and the other... it would serve to cheapen the feeling. We would have done nothing but beat a Pittsburgh team with a backup QB at the helm... and not a MVP candidate.
The Harbaugh/Flacco regime had never beaten Big Ben before last year. We swept them in '06 with Big Ben playing both games.

Steelers have played us tough in the past couple of years when Dennis Dixon and Charlie Batch started, so them playing without Big Ben will be no cakewalk, and in PIT I would even caution against any idea that it's anything more than a toss-up. That said, I won't shed a tear if he does have to sit out. It's a shame that so many key players are missing from this rivalry game on both sides, but at the end of the day, anything that makes Pittsburgh weaker means good things for our division title chances, and that's the endgame as far as these final 7 games are concerned.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
It's Ben, who knows how severe it is. Even if I read a report that he had an amputation, I still wouldn't rule him out for this Sundays game...

FIFY.

Toughest dude ever.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ben becomes 9th starter to miss game(s) for Steelers. Polamalu, Harrison, Woodley, Clark, WR Brown, C Pouncey, OL Gilbert, RB Mendenhall

https://mobile.twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status/268739672308588544?p=v

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he has a potential life-threatening injury if he played with that dislocated rib, I believe he should sit it out and wait for it to heal. His life isn't worth a game.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
SenorClean2k0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you dislocate a rib?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
If he has a potential life-threatening injury if he played with that dislocated rib, I believe he should sit it out and wait for it to heal. His life isn't worth a game.

But but but he's playing the Ravens

I hate the Jaguars
lionslicer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SenorClean2k0 wrote:
How do you dislocate a rib?

"The ribs join the breastbone in the body's front which is, structurally, our chest. They join the spinal column in our back. There are ligaments involved in the structure. If the rib is completely detached from an anchor bone, it is considered a rib dislocation. If it is still touching adjoining bones, it is considered a "subluxation" as opposed to a dislocation."

In English, your ribs are connect to your spine and the sternum bone in front of your chest. The rib dislocated from the sternum bone and is moving around freely.

The sternum and ribs are connected by cartilage, it's not connected bone to bone like some people think.
Nihc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last athlete with Ben's injury: http://europepmc.org/articles/PMC1756150/pdf/v033p00131.pdf

was out for 12 weeks.

2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
kensdodge04

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
It's Ben, who knows how severe it is. Even if I read a report that he had an amputation, I still wouldn't rule him out for this Sundays game...

FIFY.

Toughest dude ever.

This guy is by far the toughest QB in the world. He got hit by a car and has a metal face....whats a LB coming at him....or a shoulder injury.

All joking aside I hope he heals up fast

Props to patdt13 for the sig!!!!

Atlanta Falcons GM in Fracdaddy14's GM Mock Draft

Formerly Buffalo Bills GM in Bpastermack's GM Mock Draft
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihc wrote:
last athlete with Ben's injury: http://europepmc.org/articles/PMC1756150/pdf/v033p00131.pdf

was out for 12 weeks.

Who wants to bet that Ben's back considerably quicker?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Nihc wrote:

was out for 12 weeks.

Pick me! Pick me!

I hate the Jaguars
Bobikus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Nihc wrote:

was out for 12 weeks.

Pretty high even if it wasn't Ben I think. It's a rare injury but we've gotten 14 more years of modern medical progress since then too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: