Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With pick #118, MINN selects - Jarius Wright [WR] ARK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
I understand that everyone is excited about Wright, but let's wait until he has made more than 1 play before we start calling him anything more than a reserve player.

atleast he showed potential.

You know what you are going to get with Devin Aromashadu, Michael Jenkins and Stephen Burton.

If Wright adds anything to this team, he deserves to play. Heck, If Sherels wasn't the PR, I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see Wright back there.

I hope he and Greg Childs can turn out to be good WRs for this team.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
You know what you are going to get with Devin Aromashadu, Michael Jenkins and Stephen Burton.

well, sometimes it's not that clear cut with players, they can surprise you.

everyone gave up on Jamarca Sanford at the start of this year and he's played well, for example.

not a receiver, but you get my point.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've liked Aromashodu since he burned the Vikings in a Bears uniform in OT in 2009, and I think he should be kept around even into next year. Like PA says, I think he's been underutilized, because when he gets the ball, he's productive.

Jenkins and Burton, I could care less.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wright: "I don't want to sound cocky or like I'm bragging on myself, but throughout my life, I've always been a playmaker. And I think I can bring that to this offense down the stretch. Taking the short pass and turning it into a long gain or making that deep catch down the field. I know my abilities can help."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/181647651.html?refer=y

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the first nine games, rookie receiver Jarius Wright was inactive. In the last six games he has caught 19 passes for 220 yards and a touchdown. Sunday in Houston he had five catches. Three of those plays resulted in first downs for the Vikings.

Frazier: Hes just taken off as hes gotten more confident with what hes doing and what were asking him to do. The game he had yesterday [in Houston] was a big-time game. He ran good routes, got yards after the catch for us. Hes a young guy we have high hopes for.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/184706061.html

Webmaster wrote:
Captain Viking

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
For the first nine games, rookie receiver Jarius Wright was inactive. In the last six games he has caught 19 passes for 220 yards and a touchdown. Sunday in Houston he had five catches. Three of those plays resulted in first downs for the Vikings.

Frazier: Hes just taken off as hes gotten more confident with what hes doing and what were asking him to do. The game he had yesterday [in Houston] was a big-time game. He ran good routes, got yards after the catch for us. Hes a young guy we have high hopes for.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/184706061.html
one of those catches should have resulted in a 15 yard helmet to helmet penalty. That was as vicious of a hit as I've seen all year. Glad the kid jumped right up. I know its off topic but the NFL and refs need to get a grip on what is and what isn't helmet to helmet. The harrison Smith call earlier in the game went against the Vikings and was equally as ridiculous for the opposite reason
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Houston game, the Vikings clearly wanted to manufacture some touches for Jarius Wright (23 snaps), who caught five passes for 53 yards and got lit up by LCB Kareem Jackson the second time they tried to run the reverse-motioned swing pass to the flat. Wright went down to snare the in for 15 on third-and-1, took a facemask at the sticks to convert on third-and-6 and accelerated a long-threatened end-around for 8.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Breaking_down_the_tape_from_the_Vikings_win_over_the_Texans122512

Webmaster wrote:
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Wright is the future slot WR of the Vikings, I think he can fill that role just fine.
lacrosse59

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wright is looking more and more like another pick spielman hit on and at very least a slot guy. I've really feel in love with him since he was drafted
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lacrosse59 wrote:
Wright is looking more and more like another pick spielman hit on and at very least a slot guy. I've really feel in love with him since he was drafted

Good value pick. If the vikes feel that they can get the same production from Wright in the slot vs Harvin in the slot, it could be the difference of $7.5 to $8.5 million in cap space in 2013. Something to certainly consider. Harvin is losing more leverage with the Vikings winning without him and Wright playing well in his old spot.

Of course Wright isnt as good as Harvin, but he really doesnt have to be if the Vikes get upgrades at the other spots.

I just wonder if the Vikes can feature an offense with both Wright and Harvin.
lacrosse59

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There needs to be upgrades at both outside spots..idk if Percy or Wright can play outside
wcblack34

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
lacrosse59 wrote:

Good value pick. If the vikes feel that they can get the same production from Wright in the slot vs Harvin in the slot, it could be the difference of $7.5 to $8.5 million in cap space in 2013. Something to certainly consider. Harvin is losing more leverage with the Vikings winning without him and Wright playing well in his old spot.

Of course Wright isnt as good as Harvin, but he really doesnt have to be if the Vikes get upgrades at the other spots.

I just wonder if the Vikes can feature an offense with both Wright and Harvin.

I think Wright has shown to be a better downfield threat than Harvin. Percy tends to catch all of his passes within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage and then he makes people miss. I know part of that is Ponder, but Percy has never been the type of receiver who you can just send on go routes.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are utilizing Wright slightly different then the used Harvin.
Partly its Ponder, before Harvin was not really thrown any balls over 15 yards. Recently Wright is getting some longer ball thrown his way, and it could be due to a number of times such as O-Line getting better or simply Ponder being more confident.

I love how Luck uses Hilton as more then a slot guy, throws the bal out there, and lets Hilton go run under it (not jump ball like). Thats what we should be doing with Harvin.

I think having Harvin and Wright out there is perfectly fine

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were taking on kfan before the game on who we might draft and they said a WR to watch for is Tavon Austin which makes no sense cuz he's a Percy/wright type of guy
Freakout

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
They are utilizing Wright slightly different then the used Harvin.
Partly its Ponder, before Harvin was not really thrown any balls over 15 yards. Recently Wright is getting some longer ball thrown his way, and it could be due to a number of times such as O-Line getting better or simply Ponder being more confident.

I love how Luck uses Hilton as more then a slot guy, throws the bal out there, and lets Hilton go run under it (not jump ball like). Thats what we should be doing with Harvin.

I think having Harvin and Wright out there is perfectly fine

Or that is due to Wright simply being a better route runner than Harvin.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: