Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arizona Cardinals Draft Talk Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some obvious off the field issues but spending a later round flyer on a guy like Ridge Wilson from West Alabama might not be a bad option.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperFlyTNT wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
So i guess the consensus is that Lewan is the better pick. I'm just asking about you all of your opinions on these players because im doing the GM mock for the forum.

I like Lewan. Said it a few times now, very good player with tons of upside. Incredibly nasty, great work ethic, solid in both phases even if he's a better run blocker right now than he is in the pass game. Just a very good prospect with the talent to go much further. He'd make a helluva pick for this team. And yes, I like him a lot more than Mingo.

I don't know much about Lewan so I can't add much to the analysis except to say he grew up in the valley - so he may like to come back and play for his hometown team.

I did not know that. Interesting little twist for sure.
SuperFlyTNT

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
SuperFlyTNT wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
So i guess the consensus is that Lewan is the better pick. I'm just asking about you all of your opinions on these players because im doing the GM mock for the forum.

I like Lewan. Said it a few times now, very good player with tons of upside. Incredibly nasty, great work ethic, solid in both phases even if he's a better run blocker right now than he is in the pass game. Just a very good prospect with the talent to go much further. He'd make a helluva pick for this team. And yes, I like him a lot more than Mingo.

I don't know much about Lewan so I can't add much to the analysis except to say he grew up in the valley - so he may like to come back and play for his hometown team.

More details on his time before college:

Born in Scottsdale
His father, Dave Lewan, was an offensive lineman in college at the University of Minnesota
Played 3 years at Cactus Shadows as a DE
Transferred to Chaparral his senior season where he played on the O-Line for a team that won the 4A-I state championship
4-star recruit coming out of high school at 6' 6.5", 270 lbs., running a 4.65 40

source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Lewan
apollo14000

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
SuperFlyTNT wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

There seems to be a lotof prospects from Arizona, Scottsdale in particular.

Sean Renfree- Scottsdale, AZ
Taylor Lewan- Scottsdale, AZ
Dion Jordan- chandler, AZ

Just to name a few
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Player I am tarting to like is Mike James from Miami

We could use a ack that doesn't get hurt, can catch and pass block

He ticks all boxes and is hard to tackle

Can see him in the 4th fitting in nicely beside rw or bw which ever survives
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How dare a Nole speak highly of a Cane...

Champ, regarding Eugene Monroe, Jags' fans are always bitching about their OL so I figured they'd need a Tackle. Good to know they won't be taking Joeckel!

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:

Champ, regarding Eugene Monroe, Jags' fans are always bitching about their OL so I figured they'd need a Tackle. Good to know they won't be taking Joeckel!

The Jaguars line is terrible but it's at guard (both spots) and center. Former UA Wildcat Eben Britton has been a disaster over there. Back problems haven't helped. If they were back a little further, Warmack would be right in play for em.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:

Yeh I know, but he killed us in the first half this year and has looked good in other games i have seen, talent is talent and we need some that stays healthy on this team.
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

The Jaguars line is terrible but it's at guard (both spots) and center. Former UA Wildcat Eben Britton has been a disaster over there. Back problems haven't helped. If they were back a little further, Warmack would be right in play for em.

Our line problems are everyone but Eugene Monroe...Uche has been hampered by injuries, Britton as mentioned has had a back injury since his rookie year and can't play RT, and recently lost his spot to UDFA Brewster (C at Ohio State), and Bradfield, our current RT hasn't been anything but average or below...Meester is still here since our first season...and well...is old and this is his last year...doesn't help we lost half the line in OTAs to season ending injuries, including 2011 3rd round pick William Rackley, who is said to be preparing to take over the Center position.

#JDI
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Our line problems are everyone but Eugene Monroe...Uche has been hampered by injuries, Britton as mentioned has had a back injury since his rookie year and can't play RT, and recently lost his spot to UDFA Brewster (C at Ohio State), and Bradfield, our current RT hasn't been anything but average or below...Meester is still here since our first season...and well...is old and this is his last year...doesn't help we lost half the line in OTAs to season ending injuries, including 2011 3rd round pick William Rackley, who is said to be preparing to take over the Center position.

So if JAX is selecting top 3 it's probably defense...?

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Rumor has it we are moving to the 34 this offseason.
Star is the pick at the moment with Knighton all but moving on (but he'd be a 5T so I guess it doesn't matter). The only other real potential is Corner/Pass Rusher...but doubt either are the pick...I wouldn't also rule out a trade down.

#JDI
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Rumor has it we are moving to the 34 this offseason. Star is the pick at the moment with Knighton all but moving on (but he'd be a 5T so I guess it doesn't matter). The only other real potential is Corner/Pass Rusher...but doubt either are the pick...I wouldn't also rule out a trade down.

Probably a realistic option with Joeckel being considered the Second Coming... The Rams with their abundance of picks would make sense to move up.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Star is the pick at the moment with Knighton all but moving on (but he'd be a 5T so I guess it doesn't matter). The only other real potential is Corner/Pass Rusher...but doubt either are the pick...I wouldn't also rule out a trade down.

Bolded: Interesting. Do you have a link for this?
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Outside of Shad wanting changes (coaching staff) and the like. On top of that, this is a draft where we can make the transition without giving up on too much.

#JDI
stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Outside of Shad wanting changes (coaching staff) and the like. On top of that, this is a draft where we can make the transition without giving up on too much.

While true, this isn't what I'm asking, I'm asking if there's anything substantive to suggest this change could be made.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 56 of 100

Jump to: