Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sunday Night Football: TEXANS vs. Bears
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it easy on us this week, eh?

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:

The only way that happens is if we play our 2nd string and we'd still probably win Wink

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Marco79

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
- So, teams know how to stop JJ Watt now: Step 1, rain dance. Step 2, double and triple team the guy all day long. It was effective, but it gave lanes to the likes of Antonio Smith, Connor Barwin and Brooks Reed. Barwin and Smith had some near sacks, plays that did alter how Jay Cutler/Jason Campbell delivered the ball, and Reed had a very unassuming play that might of saved the game, a shoe string tackle on Matt Forte, just as Forte found the edge and looked to sprint through the marsh for big yardage. The stats won't reflect it, but the front seven was great yesterday...

He graded out on Profootballfocus positively, still having a good day, the reason why it seems like the bears "stopped" him was because he didn't do as amazingly as he does. It's funny that his worst game fo the season is still a damn good game.

Also on an unrelated note, it is so nice seeing Kareem doing so great playing at a pro bowl level. It is crazy people on here actually wanted him to be cut and thought that he had no hope whatsoever. I always defended him because we threw him into an awful situation and CB takes time to adapt to, but people still wanted him gone. And I called it in the preaseason that he will have a pro-bowl caliber year and I am most definitely right so far and there is no looking back. He is great in coverage and an AMAZING TACKLER (even when he was bad he was still great in run support). That open field tackle on Hester was a thing of beauty.
Marco79

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Earl Mitchell did a great job too. He led the team in stops. If he keeps this up I think we will get rid of Cody this offseason.
CAS22

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The defense has only allowed 1 TD in the past 3 games.

BEAST MODE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Wade deserves a lot of credit also. You can tell they had essentially the same game plan that the Packers used to beat the Bears. The game plan was great, but the execution is what allowed us to win the game. On defense, I didn't really see any player with whom I wasn't impressed. Manning certainly played with a chip on his shoulder, and had an incredible game. Quin continues to be a very solid producer. Dobbins was flying to the ball. Bradie James did have some mistakes, but I was impressed that he played better than normal. Barwin missed his very likely house call, but still made a tackle on Forte for a 2yd loss. Kareem has continued his breakout season.

We were also much improved on ST. The kicking game wasn't great, but the coverage and returns were much better. On one punt I specifically remember Casey and someone else corralling Hester to the sideline. It will be really nice to get a kicker that we can rely on for consistent touchbacks, though. Martin also had an impressive KR that was negated by a penalty. On a day where Trindon and Jacoby both gave us the finger with return TDs, it was good that our ST didn't poop down their legs.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post Game Thought/Grades

QB - Probably the toughest postion to play in the rain and wind, and while he threw 2 picks, both were clearly aided by the wind. But when we needed it most, Matt made a heck of a throw to Foster for the only TD of the game. Schaub clearly missed OD and obviously doesnt trust Casey or Graham as much as OD. Yall have been clamoring for Schaub to take shots and he did, and also never connected on them. That's not our offense but im glad we got it on film, because if the Pats see us trying to take shots on the Bears vaunted D in the rain and wind, they'll sure as heck keep those safeties deep against us in a couple weeks.

B+

RB Offensive MVP of the game, Arian worked hard for the 100 yards he got against arguably the best DL in the game. He made the diving catch at the goal line with Briggs all over him. He's a workhorse, but hopefully Tate comes back soon cause Gary doesnt trust Forsett and Arian added another 29 carries to his total for the year. Forsett had a nice run, but honestly anyone of use could of ran through that hole and if that had been Arian he would of scored. In the FB department I really wanted to see Clutts but Kub had other plans, Casey played well.

A

WR/TE - Dre started off great getting the best of Tillman but then we stopped throwing the intermediate route. Walter made 1 play against Jennings but it was a big time catch when we needed it. Didn't get to see much of Martin out there and interestingly enough Posey was on the field on some critical 3rd down 3 wr sets. Where is Jean? Not having OD hurt the passing game and to top it off Graham dropped a catchable pass(weather considering)

B-

OL - I didnt see the rotations at RG and RT anyone got those? The bears exploited our zone scheme early but credit to Kub, he countered and got the run game back on track. Melton is a BEAST and gave Myers trouble all night. Brown and Peppers was so much fun to watch. We pass protected well and get Schaub clean for the most part.

A-

DL- Watt was the center of attention, and the Bears double and triple teamed him, which made the way for Antonio to get some solid penetration and Earl to have a heck of a game. Although Watt didnt get the pass rush, he did along with Earl stop the run, even as they were being held most of the time. Before Cutler got hurt we over pursed and Cutler made us pay.

B+

LB - OLB's Barwin made some solid plays, but we never really got pressure against an improving but still average OL. In the 2nd half we actually played Reed at MLB in passing sistuations along with Mercy and Connor at OLB with Watt and Antonio down and with our 5 best pass rushers on the field we still couldnt get pressure. At MLB Dobbins stuffed the run all night long aside from 2 decent runs by Bush. Bradie had his moments also.

B-

CB - I love that Bears fans are complaining about the hand jousting going on when it was both ways. I loved it the Refs let them play, and once JJoe and Kareem realized this they played along. Kareem you the man brotha.

A++++

S - It was personal for Manning and he made the Bears pay. Glover had has his usual above average game and the hits they were making contributed to the Kellen Davis drops I believe.

A+

ST Donnie shanked some punts, but that wind was crazy. Graham made probably the biggest kick in our history (I personally think so) And executed some solid kickoffs to bottle up Hester. And if the up bad wouldnt of caught that kickoff it would of bounced off him and we probably would of recovered it, although I dont think that was the plan. Coverage teams were great, Allan Ball is a beast on ST's and that's why he made this team. Posey drawing the holding call on the punt and Mercilus got down the field quick often. Martin made me antsy after that first non fumble, but he had a great return negated by a holding call, which gives me a little hope our return game is turning around.

A+

Coaching - Kub did what he had to and made some great adjustments, although he didnt adjust well in the 2nd half but give credit to Lovie and his staff cause they get paid to. While Kareem made the nice play on the pick, I give 50% of the credit to Wade who baited Cutler into throwing it by disguising our zone as man.

A-

I don't want to take much from this game from most of the positions because those condition's sucked, but we proved we can win outdoors and indoors. No one was severely hurt, which was my biggest concern and we won. 8-1 feels amazing and we are starting to get into some rarefied air. Depending on how the Colts keep up we could end up either 15-1 or 14-2.
On to Jacksonville and the anticipation of LORKS HOF GDT's.

Big shout out to TF23 great GDT!

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
The defense has only allowed 1 TD in the past 3 games.

BEAST MODE

Tha's obviously impressive but I think 0 rushing TD's the whole season is more impressive IMO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great game from start to finish. Had to stay calm and wait for the review on the opening kickoff. Danieal Manning, Kareem Jackson, Glover Quin, Dobbins and Bradie James made plays. Arian Foster grinded. Schaub struggled. The defense conquered. The defense has gotten us to 8-1.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. Clearly you fans gave 110% fan effort.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

The only way that happens is if we play our 2nd string and we'd still probably win Wink

Sadly enough, I see this as a textbook example of a trap game. Best we not overlook this one, lest we look to get shocked out of nowhere (which has happend A LOT this season to a lot of different teams...)

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
jargin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Sadly enough, I see this as a textbook example of a trap game. Best we not overlook this one, lest we look to get shocked out of nowhere (which has happend A LOT this season to a lot of different teams...)
I think you should relax on the trap game front ET. Beating Jacksonville at home is as guaranteed as Mitt Romney winning Texas.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jargin wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

I think you should relax on the trap game front ET. Beating Jacksonville at home is as guaranteed as Mitt Romney winning Texas.

We do play well on the road, so we got that going for us.

Lost in OT in Minny.
Beat Indy on road.
Lost in OT in Oak.
Lost by 9 to GB. Had a chance to take lead with 3 minutes left on their 45 but drive stalled.

At home:

Lost by 20 to you guys
Lost by 17 to Bengals
Lost by 38 to Bears
Lost by 17 to Lions
Lost by 17 to Colts

Sad

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone heard from LORK? I know it's only tuesday, but I need to know if I need to get a backup GDT ready.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dobbins was fined 30k by the NFL, which isn't much. If it were 50k I think they would of thought it was dirty, but for only 30k it's probably just a front to say we've trying to stop this.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: