Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Javier & Jalil
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shanekc88 wrote:
Javi did well. That's all ill say. Had some flashes. He HAS to make that play, us of all teams can't afford to drop a turnover. I agree with drafting another corner on the 3rd at he latest. Monti Te'o should be our pick to solidify our linebackers regardless where we pick. No college QB has proved anything this year. Barkley is not clutch and he has argue able the best WRs in college football. Have not heard of Geno Smith since WV just flat out sucks. I understand there Defense sucks but not first round QB pick should have a record of 5-4? Speaking of which when was a number 1 pick a QB who had a sub par win lose record the year they came out for the draft?

Tannehill was 7-6 last year at A&M if you count the bowl game win.

Locker had the same 7-6 with a win in his bowl game.

I honestly think it's probably better for a QB to have gone through some adversity in college, and not being on a stacked team. They will lose in the NFL, and knowing how to deal with that mentally is a big deal IMO.

^ryknowssd on the sig
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
shanekc88 wrote:
Javi did well. That's all ill say. Had some flashes. He HAS to make that play, us of all teams can't afford to drop a turnover. I agree with drafting another corner on the 3rd at he latest. Monti Te'o should be our pick to solidify our linebackers regardless where we pick. No college QB has proved anything this year. Barkley is not clutch and he has argue able the best WRs in college football. Have not heard of Geno Smith since WV just flat out sucks. I understand there Defense sucks but not first round QB pick should have a record of 5-4? Speaking of which when was a number 1 pick a QB who had a sub par win lose record the year they came out for the draft?

Tannehill was 7-6 last year at A&M if you count the bowl game win.

Locker had the same 7-6 with a win in his bowl game.

I honestly think it's probably better for a QB to have gone through some adversity in college, and not being on a stacked team. They will lose in the NFL, and knowing how to deal with that mentally is a big deal IMO.

Freeman was 5-7 IIRC.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have to go back to these 2 after today's game. Javier once again looked GREAT out there both outside and in the slot, while Jalil Brown didn't look all that good. He got away with a couple non calls as well. Jalil Brown I think has solidified himself as a special teams stud and depth at the CB position (#4-5-6). The way Javier has played as our #2 has pushed the CB need a bit further back in the draft, and even free agency. After QB I think we should be banging out BPA after BPA.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
So I have to go back to these 2 after today's game. Javier once again looked GREAT out there both outside and in the slot, while Jalil Brown didn't look all that good. He got away with a couple non calls as well. Jalil Brown I think has solidified himself as a special teams stud and depth at the CB position (#4-5-6). The way Javier has played as our #2 has pushed the CB need a bit further back in the draft, and even free agency. After QB I think we should be banging out BPA after BPA.

I think Brown did a bit better than you say. Some of the passes caught against our DBs were thrown to guys that were really perfectly covered. Including some thrown on Brown.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
28 catches, 352 yards, 3 TDs
samsel23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

I think Brown did a bit better than you say. Some of the passes caught against our DBs were thrown to guys that were really perfectly covered. Including some thrown on Brown.

Daniels didn't make it any easier for Brown on a couple of those

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

Daniels didn't make it any easier for Brown on a couple of those

Agreed. I don't know what we're doing with our safeties right now though, as far as scheme goes. Berry and Lewis in man coverage, Daniels and Elam playing deep zones. It just baffles me. Though Berry certainly redeemed himself as the game went on today, despite the short TD to Tamme (I think that was the one.) He's had a much better past 3 or 4 games than how he started the year. I still want that guy in zone though. He needs to play QBs, not TEs and slot receivers.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
28 catches, 352 yards, 3 TDs
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:

You're right about Arenas, but in no way does that drop CB down the need list from #2. It just means that we know we can count on him to cover for injuries, but if he's #2 CB then we need a slot and that won't be Menzie. Another good CB will still benefit us more than any other position other than QB.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
samsel23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

You're right about Arenas, but in no way does that drop CB down the need list from #2. It just means that we know we can count on him to cover for injuries, but if he's #2 CB then we need a slot and that won't be Menzie. Another good CB will still benefit us more than any other position other than QB.

I'd put it at #2 with Safety and ILB. I still think a dominant pass rusher in Belchers spot would help just as much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: