Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Campbell would have slid vs Cleveland...........
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chali21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously..he got injured, Hue traded for Palmer, it happened now lets move on.
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Good breakdowns. It'll be interesting to see where he goes in this years weak QB class. I'm guessing high 2nd round.

??

He will go top 5. Likely #1 overall.

He's still a solid QB. USC's Oline is hot garbage this season and that has really effected his play.

I think Barkley's solid too, but nothing about his game really sticks out aside from his intangibles. I think he's falling a bit right now. It's a weak QB class, so he probably won't make it to the 2nd, but I don't see him going top 10. Who knows though.
Chali21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Good breakdowns. It'll be interesting to see where he goes in this years weak QB class. I'm guessing high 2nd round.

??

He's still a solid QB. USC's Oline is hot garbage this season and that has really effected his play.

I think Barkley's solid too, but nothing about his game really sticks out aside from his intangibles. I think he's falling a bit right now. It's a weak QB class, so he probably won't make it to the 2nd, but I don't see him going top 10. Who knows though.

He reminds me of Matt Ryan, good intangibles but not overtly athletic. He'll be good if he's got a good team around him.
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:

??

He reminds me of Matt Ryan, good intangibles but not overtly athletic. He'll be good if he's got a good team around him.

Ryan, to me, seems to have a much better arm than Barkley.

Smack on the new sig
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:

??

Like BoSpice said, I think Andy Dalton's a good comparison.
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we can all remind ourselves what we're missing (see how lucky we are, delete as appropriate) on the weekend as Jay Cutler is probably out of Chicago's next game
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
I for one appreciate these fun threads. It's going to be a LONG grueling season.

If Campbell would have slid vs Cleveland...........
Well, since I accurately predicted that Campbell would get hurt based on his lack of durability and his propensity to hold on to the ball, I'm guessing Campbell still would have went down after the trading deadline.

Does Reggie fire Hue?
It's just my hunch but I feel HueJax was embolden by his close relationship with former owner Al Davis. Perhaps Mark was advised to trust Hue and Hue capitalized on the situation. I think initially McKenzie wanted to keep Hue but got the feeling Hue was expecting him to be his puppet GM and promptly whacked him. Just a guess based on nothing.

Who would we have picked in the first round?
Without the Palmer trade the Raiders lose more games, hence a higher draft position. With the 3rd overall selection the Raiders draft LSU CB Morris Claiborne

Would we win more games this year?
No, our current QB would be Jason Campbell playing on a 1-year contract. In actuality Campbell is more suited for a WCO, where he does have a history of having some success.

Would we have made the Playoffs last year?
No, again Campbell has trouble completing seasons.

Does McFadden get hurt?
Seriously?

Where would we be now?
About the same with the benefit of having additional draft picks and brighter 2013 outlook. Same debates about QBotF. As much as I despised the way he played I would still be advising staying with Campbell until the books are cleaned up and Pryor getting no where near the playing field. Hopefully, Routt and Wimbley would still have gotten whacked and the same FAs signed. Major difference would be a reduced turn around time as I have everything being cleaned up by the beginning of 2015 assuming none of the draft picks are major busts.

Who is the QBotF?
USC QB Max Wittek 6'4" 235lbs 4.65-40. Yes, I'm that sick . . .

Just remember Jtagg I called this one on 11/11/12 Wink

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Who is the QBotF?

That's impressive. I've never heard of the kid til yesterday. He played very well for a young kid making his first start against a great defense. He's got the ability to be a great QB. Hopefully he just isn't a piece of something, gets hurt, or anything of that nature. He sure does throw a tremendous deep ball though.

PM sig requests.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Who is the QBotF?

That's impressive. I've never heard of the kid til yesterday. He played very well for a young kid making his first start against a great defense. He's got the ability to be a great QB. Hopefully he just isn't a piece of something, gets hurt, or anything of that nature. He sure does throw a tremendous deep ball though.

Actually, Wittek throws too hard. He needs to develop more touch but he did exhibit more finesse as the game wore on and he settled down.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Who is the QBotF?

Actually, Wittek throws too hard. He needs to develop more touch but he did exhibit more finesse as the game wore on and he settled down.

This will come w/ time and I wouldn't worry about it. I'm going to enjoy watching this kid play over the next couple years at least. SC fans should be extremely excited. I wish OSU could get QBs like this. Instead, we have running QBs who have no clue how to throw LOL. Pryor now Miller.... but at least it works in the offense....

PM sig requests.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Who is the QBotF?

This will come w/ time and I wouldn't worry about it. I'm going to enjoy watching this kid play over the next couple years at least. SC fans should be extremely excited. I wish OSU could get QBs like this. Instead, we have running QBs who have no clue how to throw LOL. Pryor now Miller.... but at least it works in the offense....

By hiring the same guy who gave us Alex Smith and Tim Tebow what are you expecting going forward?

Bonez wrote:
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Who is the QBotF?

By hiring the same guy who gave us Alex Smith and Tim Tebow what are you expecting going forward?

More of the same Sad I want a QB I can root for in college and the pros LOL

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: