Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals-Giants: Always next Year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is a more schizophrenic team out there, I don't want to know about it. Maybe all they needed to play to their ability was to know that the fan base was giving up on the season. I imagine they'll be in the playoff picture right up to the next Steelers game. I doubt we get in there.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
If there is a more schizophrenic team out there, I don't want to know about it. Maybe all they needed to play to their ability was to know that the fan base was giving up on the season. I imagine they'll be in the playoff picture right up to the next Steelers game. I doubt we get in there.

I would be happy with that. Go on a winning streak of sorts, then get just close enough to just miss it. Not saying I don't want playoffs, but after that 4 game streak, consistent winning would be nice. And missing out on the playoffs would mean not getting my heart6 trampled when they went onn the road to Baltimore, Denver, Pitt or NE in the first round.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

I would be happy with that. Go on a winning streak of sorts, then get just close enough to just miss it. Not saying I don't want playoffs, but after that 4 game streak, consistent winning would be nice. And missing out on the playoffs would mean not getting my heart6 trampled when they went onn the road to Baltimore, Denver, Pitt or NE in the first round.

I'm a Bengal 'lifer' like all you guys, and whilst a wild card is a long shot it ain't over yet by a long ways; we have lots to be confident in. Steelers and Colts are 6-3 and in #5 and #6 in the play-off race, and we're equal 7th on 4-5. There's a long way to go yet.

The win against the Giants was huge for us as far as I'm concerned, because it showed we can handle play-off calibre teams. Thats something we haven't done much of in the last 20 years. You can only be the best by beating the best, and I for one look forward to those tough road games in January.

Shouldn't give up on this season yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: