Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Must READ 11.12 Redskins EXCE think Shannys idiot AND MORE!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Who cares what Glazer thinks. He's not a part of our team. Also, as the anti superstar eloquently said the media took Shanahan's statement out of context. He did not mean we were quitting on the season.

Honesty. The media sometimes just tries to stir ish! Confused Twisted Evil

Shanahan will be back for at least one more season.

Um...this apparently was not an opinion piece by Glazer. It was him reporting what he heard. So in essence, if true, this was what Danny thought, not Glazer.
wow! Ok. Well I'm disappointed in Synder once again for not having patience with a 5 year plan to rebuild an entire organization.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
In all honesty, I would love Kevin Gilbride. How he has worked with Eli in NY has been amazing. I know that the Giants would never let him go, but at least as OC, he would really help with the development of Griffin.
id rather find a young coordinator. I want a guy who is in his 40's can relate to our young team and also hold them accountable. Like he Hargaugh's, McCarthy, Tomlin etc

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Hopefully things on page 1 are true so we can get Shananhan out of here!!!!!!! With RG3 here and some of the other pieces here we should attract good attention if the HC position becomes up for grabs.
its going to be a long road ahead after we blow everything up ... Again ugh! Twisted Evil

Brian23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Hopefully things on page 1 are true so we can get Shananhan out of here!!!!!!! With RG3 here and some of the other pieces here we should attract good attention if the HC position becomes up for grabs.

Yes, because changing coaches on a Rookie Qb is a great thing to do. Laughing
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Well signing Sam Shields would be a start. But we need an upgrade at the FS even if we keep Meriweather, so Byrd should be on our radar. Cutting Hall will get rid of some dead weight.

But we need a SS badly.

That being said these are the best S's available in the first 3 rounds:

Kenny Vaccarro
Eric Reid
Matt Elam
Shawn Williams
Bacarri Rambo
Robert Lester
Tony Jefferson
T.J. McDonald

All of these guys are physical and all could adapt to the SS spot. This S class is very deep right now and we would be a fool not to select a S in the 2nd round of this years draft.

As far as CB's, I would love to sign Sam Shields and Antoine Cason. Drop Hall and Griffin and keep Wilson on a tight leash.

Look, having an improved secondary and corners who can play a position with healthy pass rush next year, should improve the team overall. Having Orakpo and Carriker go down for an entire year really hurt the pass rush and in essence has made the secondary vulnerable. Thai's philosophy is correct in that if the QB is not getting uncomfortable due to a pass rush, he will have all day to pick apart secondaries. Orakpo can get to a QB in 2 seconds. Give a QB more than that amount of time, its enough to run through progression and find someone open.

At the same time, we have to have a presence in the secondary that can intimidate QB's, RB's not named Jacobs and WR's, like Landry did.

I would not change the offense except for a potential WR and a starting caliber RT. If Brown cannot stay healthy the rest of the year, its time to let him go.
as for SS's go I'm not really giving up on Meriweather just yet. He could be just like Landry for us these last 7 games and if he is, he'll be back. That means one less thing we need to get this year in our secondary.
Other than that, per usual lately, I agree 99% with your post. Wink

While I am glad that you agree with my post, you seem to misunderstand the position of Brandon Meriweather. He is a FS and is slotted that way on the depth chart on Redskins.com behind Madieu Williams and Jordan Pugh.

We need a SS starter badly, because Doughty and Pugh just can't get it done. Obviously neither of them are starters.
i know where they've placed him but its a bad fit for his skill set as a player. He plays like Landry and Landry was average at best at FS. I guess Average Meriweather at FS thought is better than what we are getting now.

rizzy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for us to Jason Campbell RGIII. We could get Jason Garret next year after he gets fired and then Mcdaniel the year after, this couldn't possibly fail.
NHL-Capitals
Brian23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rizzy wrote:
Can't wait for us to Jason Campbell RGIII. We could get Jason Garret next year after he gets fired and then Mcdaniel the year after, this couldn't possibly fail.

Campbell failed because of Gibbs philosophy with QB's, that's not gonna happen with the coaches in this day and age.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
rizzy wrote:

Campbell failed because of Gibbs philosophy with QB's, that's not gonna happen with the coaches in this day and age.
... And zorn's Laughing

FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
rizzy wrote:

Hmmm, Can you elaborate on that statement? How did Gibbs' philosophy fail Campbell? I thought J-Camp didn't succed because he's not a starting caliber qb?

I do believe the Skins screwed up his development but I don't see how Gibbs played a bigger role?
Better run better run faster than RG3.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can change D coordinators and our Deffensive system that takes players out of there comfort zone but we can't change the HC position because it would in so many wayz hurt RG3. Gtfu out of here. When your into your third season as HC I would think we should be better as far as record and team all together. I'm done with Shanahan an I want a better offensive minded coach to lead us and help Rg3 reach full potential.

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
you have to look at the talent Gruden had to work with, never a top talent. does Shanahan have a good track record using with young qbs?

Gruden favors veteran quarterbacks. Here are all of the QBs who started for Gruden when he was a head coach with their age during that particular season (all data courtesy of pro-football-reference.com).

1998 Oakland: Jeff George (31; 7 starts), Donald Hollas (31; 6 starts), Wade Wilson (39; 3 starts)
1999 Oakland: Rich Gannon (34)
2000 Oakland: Rich Gannon (35)
[Oakland drafted Marques Tuiasosopo in 2001]
2001 Oakland: Rich Gannon (36)
[Tuiasosopo only attempted 4 passes in 2001]

2002 Tampa Bay: Brad Johnson (34; 13 starts), Rob Johnson (29; 2 starts), Shaun King (25; 1 start)
[Rob Johnson started games 8 and 16, and was called off the bench during games 4, 7, 11, and 15; King started game 15, and came off the bench in games 8 and 13]

2003 Tampa Bay: Brad Johnson (35)
[Tampa Bay drafted Chris Simms in 2003; he would not attempt a pass in 2003]

2004 Tampa Bay: Brian Griese (29; 10 starts), Brad Johnson (36; 4 starts), Chris Simms (24; 2 starts)
[Johnson started the first four games; Simms started game 5, but was pulled for Griese after attempting 8 passes (completed 5; Griese went 16-19); Griese would then start games 6 through 15, before Simms would start game 16]

2005 Tampa Bay: Brian Griese (30; 6 starts), Chris Simms (25; 10 starts)
[Griese started the first six games then tore his ACL; Simms then finished the rest of the year]

[Bruce Gradkowski was drafted in 2006]
2006 Tampa Bay: Chris Simms (26; 3 starts), Bruce Gradkowski (23; 11 starts), Tim Rattay (29; 2 starts)
[Simms started the year, and the went with Gradkowski for games 4-14; Rattay started games 15 and 16]

2007 Tampa Bay: Jeff Garcia (37; 13 starts), Luke McCown (26; 3 starts)
[Garcia started the first 11 games, and games 14 and 15; McCown started 12, 13, and 16 (the last one due to Bucs already clinching a playoff spot)]

2008 Tampa Bay: Jeff Garcia (38; 11 starts), Brien Griese (33; 5 starts)
[Garcia started game 1, then Griese 2-5, then Garcia 6-13, Griese 14, Garcia 15-16]

Quote:
Griese was average. Cutler was really talented but he was a turnover machine and Shanahan could not get him to learn to stop trying to make every play and just take what the defense is giving you sometimes. John beck (a second round pick)?? Really woz?

Outside of Gradkowski, no QB started for Gruden under the age of 26 unless due to injuries. Shanahan actually worked with rookie QBs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: