Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2 Small school mid rounders I really like.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: 2 Small school mid rounders I really like. Reply with quote

By Charlie Campbell.

Quanterus Smith, DE, and Andrew Jackson, ILB, Western Kentucky
Both Smith and Jackson had huge games against Florida Atlantic. The senior Smith had five tackles, a sack, two tackles for a loss, a forced fumble and a fumble returned 75 yards for a touchdown. Jackson was all over the field with 19 tackles, 3.5 tackles for a loss, a pass broken up and a forced fumble. Florida Atlantic won the game, but Smith and Jackson were phenomenal.

Smith came around the right tackle with a speed rush for his sack-fumble. Jackson's fourth-quarter forced fumble, which Smith returned for the score,made it a three-point game. On the play, Jackson fired into the backfield to level the running back and jar the ball loose. It rolled backward before Smith scooped and scored.

Both players have been extremely productive this season. The senior Smith has 35 tackles, 16.5 tackles for a loss, 12.5 sacks, three forced fumbles and a pass broken up. Jackson has 97 tackles, 13.5 tackles for a loss, two sacks, a pass broken up and four forced fumbles. This tape will definitely help both Smith and Jackson.

Quanterus Smith, DE/OLB, Western Kentucky
Height: 6-5. Weight: 248.
Projected 40 Time: 4.64.

Andrew Jackson*, ILB, Western Kentucky
Height: 6-1. Weight: 265.
Projected 40 Time: 4.68.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully agree with Quanterus

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get behind a guy with the same name of a former President. That is, unless his name is Theodore Roosevelt, then I'm all in.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
I fully agree with Quanterus
If you see any tape on Jackson Nug the guy is a heat seeking missilel that packs a wallop. Isn't bad in zone coverage ether.

kelbot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen Jackson play 4 times, all against SEC opponents (UK x2, LSU, Bama). If he wasn't the best defensive player on the field in those games, he was damn close. Dude takes on and sheds blocks and brings the wood. Good in coverage too. He is my TY Hilton this year.

And he's not impressed with the SEC, either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX0_KCpfDIQ
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelbot wrote:
I've seen Jackson play 4 times, all against SEC opponents (UK x2, LSU, Bama). If he wasn't the best defensive player on the field in those games, he was damn close. Dude takes on and sheds blocks and brings the wood. Good in coverage too. He is my TY Hilton this year.

And he's not impressed with the SEC, either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX0_KCpfDIQ

D.Moore in the 1st and Jackson in the 3rd!
Dancing

KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously not impressed with the SEC because you took it to Kentucky? WTF dude get real. Kentucky isn't even real SEC. Kentucky wouldn't even be a bowl team in our weakass Big 10 or the joke of a conference that is the Big East. Heck, Kentucky wouldn't even be in contention to be the conference champion in the Sun Belt, MAC, WAC, or MWC.

I've only watched him against Alabama, LSU and last years Kentucky game and came away neither impressed or unimpressed. He's just another linebacker. He'll be a mid 3rd at the highest to a 6th at the lowest.

Disclaimer :: (This has nothing to do with him as a prospect)

Two reasons I don't like him.

1. That bogus video I just watched about him not being impressed with the SEC

2. That listed 6'1 265 listing is a joke. Do people think we are stupid I mean come on I can see the guy standing next to guys listed at 240 and he is no 25 pounds bigger. I bet his is 245-250.

I know its no big deal but it seriously irks when people inflate numbers to inflate there guy.

Jamison on the sig
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Seriously not impressed with the SEC because you took it to Kentucky? WTF dude get real. Kentucky isn't even real SEC. Kentucky wouldn't even be a bowl team in our weakass Big 10 or the joke of a conference that is the Big East. Heck, Kentucky wouldn't even be in contention to be the conference champion in the Sun Belt, MAC, WAC, or MWC.

I've only watched him against Alabama, LSU and last years Kentucky game and came away neither impressed or unimpressed. He's just another linebacker. He'll be a mid 3rd at the highest to a 6th at the lowest.

2. That listed 6'1 265 listing is a joke. Do people think we are stupid I mean come on I can see the guy standing next to guys listed at 240 and he is no 25 pounds bigger. I bet his is 245-250.

I know its no big deal but it seriously irks when people inflate numbers to inflate there guy.

not sure how to take that kam? was that at me or his school?

ether way he plays downhill stacks and sheds and WINS in the hole 1 on 1.

KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at you.

If I wanted to take any shot at you it would be the fact that 2 more of your favorites are stat machines. Laughing

I really want to like Smith too I just can't because he disappears too often and gives up way too quickly on plays.

Jackson like I said I am neither impressed or unimpressed. I wouldn't care one way or another if we drafted him in the mid rounds.

Jamison on the sig
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Not at you.

If I wanted to take any shot at you it would be the fact that 2 more of your favorites are stat machines. Laughing

I really want to like Smith too I just can't because he disappears too often and gives up way too quickly on plays.

Jackson like I said I am neither impressed or unimpressed. I wouldn't care one way or another if we drafted him in the mid rounds.

get it right stat machines with physical measurables. Wink

kelbot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:

Nice input. Minus the part where you evaluated why you think he's average as a prospect.

Also considered average prospects: Navarro Bowman, Bart Scott, Lance Briggs, James Harrison, Dez Bishop etc....
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelbot wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Nice input. Minus the part where you evaluated why you think he's average as a prospect.

Also considered average prospects: Navarro Bowman, Bart Scott, Lance Briggs, James Harrison, Dez Bishop etc....
touche'

KamTrus20

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be right about Andrew Jackson. I went back and watched his games against Troy, Florida International and Middle Tennessee State as I have for Quentarus Smith.

He can sure dominant when his defense is on equal footing. The other games on TV were Alabama, LSU and Kentucky and he looked rather average. He didn't look bad as I said but he didn't stand out either and thats what I didn't like about him. I think the talent around him at WKU may be hurting my opinion of him as he never popped against better teams because they were game planning to stop him first and second.

I still do not believe he is a day 1 starter as he has a lot to learn. I also think he likes to talk and show off too much. Obviously that works for a lot of great players but a lot more great athletes fail in the NFL because they think too highly of themselves.

The NFL is a more cerebral than instinctual or physical. It looks like Andrew Jackson has at least 2/3 of that but I worry about the cerebral part of his attitude and game. Obviously there is no way for any of us fans to really know what goes on in Andrew Jackson's head and how he will adapt to the NFL because we don't get to here those interviews at the combines and pro days.

I would admitt my initial thoughts of him may be a little off and I wouldn't mind him in Cleveland at all. He definitley goes after and gets the RB as opposed to waiting and catching him.

He is not on the level of Te'o or Ogletree but I would be on board if we used a mid round pick on him. Our 3rd may be pushing it for me at least at this point.

Jamison on the sig
mtmmike

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have not seen film yet but both will get there chance at all star games .
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
Have not seen film yet but both will get there chance at all star games .
Naw smith just blew his ACL Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: