Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How does this team improve??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tech2186

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: How does this team improve?? Reply with quote

We all know that passing the ball 50 times a game is a recipe for disaster but how do we establish some kind of decent running game? We cannot win in the playoffs if we can't run the ball when we need to. Do we start JQuizz and just go with him or do we give Snelling more chances? Is antoine Smith even a legit option? Oline is def not going to be able to change?

Also, what is going on with this team and there tackling? Stopping the run used to be a staple of ours. I know Lofton is gone but my goodness.

Any ideas???

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Insane82

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I want Quizz as the starter Snelling as COP RB use Antone on screens and draws as he is the fastest RB we got and Turner....mop up duty
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insane82 wrote:
Honestly I want Quizz as the starter Snelling as COP RB use Antone on screens and draws as he is the fastest RB we got and Turner....mop up duty

Good lord someone give this a guy a medal. I couldnt have said it better myself

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quizz will not be a good feature back. He is being used perfectly right now. Did you see that goaline run where he just got stopped in his tracks? He will give you the occasional nice little sprint, but we should not be using him as an every down back.

Snelling needs to get more touches. He has shown year after year to be effective running the ball as well as catching the ball. I don't know why the coaching staff hates using him. I'm not saying he will turn into our starting RB of the future, I'm saying he is the best option we have in a true in between the tackles running back.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
coors

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something that I think of as a "quick" fix by not making any roster moves would be getting Quizz more touches. However that needs to be done, we need to do it. If it means that we give him the majority if not all of the carries by reducing Turners by a bunch, if not all, then I think we need to look in that direction. When Quizz has the ball in his hands, there is always that potential of him breaking a big play. He is able to make that one guy miss, then he's off to the races. When we have the ball in Quizzys hands, he seems to spark our offense to the point that everyone on offense seems a bit energized and trying to make a play. So, I believe that a quick move that doesn't involve making a roster change is getting Quizz the ball via the majority of our carries, and through the air where he has also excelled.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quiz isnt a feature back. Maybe get him the ball from swing passes or screens, but adding more rushes wont help at all.

#JDI
At the front of the Jeff Matthew and Brett Smith bandwagon.
kja92

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im with the consensus here. Lets get Quizz more touches. We should start implementing more toss runs to get our Oline and run game going. We're already one of the biggest screen passing teams out there now (thanks Koetter!) we should start using more swings and utilize the short passing game in order to make up for our lacking rushing offense.

Ohio State Buckeyes: Offseason
Willthethrill_H

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who thinks we should run Turner out of the 3 WR 1 TE set? It almost seems as if we show were running with a 1 WR 3 TE (or 2TE and 1 FB) set and some of our linemen get in the way. The easiest way to take out a defender is turn him into a corner and put him on the opposite side of the field...

Did I just make any sense?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: How does this team improve?? Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
We all know that passing the ball 50 times a game is a recipe for disaster but how do we establish some kind of decent running game? We cannot win in the playoffs if we can't run the ball when we need to. Do we start JQuizz and just go with him or do we give Snelling more chances? Is antoine Smith even a legit option? Oline is def not going to be able to change?

Also, what is going on with this team and there tackling? Stopping the run used to be a staple of ours. I know Lofton is gone but my goodness.

Any ideas???

Its clearly not the absence of lofton. Saints run d is the worst in the league. They benefited from our run game being so horrible.
falcfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willthethrill_H wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks we should run Turner out of the 3 WR 1 TE set? It almost seems as if we show were running with a 1 WR 3 TE (or 2TE and 1 FB) set and some of our linemen get in the way. The easiest way to take out a defender is turn him into a corner and put him on the opposite side of the field...

Did I just make any sense?

I agree. Out of obvious run formations we lose yards. Defense has to account for our 3 main recievers cuz if tbey will get killed.
coors

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Quiz isnt a feature back. Maybe get him the ball from swing passes or screens, but adding more rushes wont help at all.

you're right, Quizz isn't a "workhorse" type of running back, but he is better than Turner is at this stage in his career. I wasn't saying that I see Quizz as our primary back for seasons to come, but he is the best at what we have at the time being. I still want to see us draft or pickup via free agency or even a trade a running back that is considered a "workhorse" that if need be, we could hand the ball to 25-30 times.. like I said though only "if need be," because with our offense as it is now, we don't necessarily need a running back to have such a heavy workload like I just said of.. but there are those games or situations that running the ball become an absolute must.. like for an example lets say we are playing a playoff game up at Lambeau and there is snow on top of heavy winds that make the passing game either very risky, or impossible. Something like that ends up becoming a situation where a back like Turner of a couple of years ago becomes unbelievably valuable.. so having a "workhorse" type of back is a luxury that I believe we need to have.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

put Joe Hawley at fullback on run downs.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

you're right, Quizz isn't a "workhorse" type of running back, but he is better than Turner is at this stage in his career. I wasn't saying that I see Quizz as our primary back for seasons to come, but he is the best at what we have at the time being. I still want to see us draft or pickup via free agency or even a trade a running back that is considered a "workhorse" that if need be, we could hand the ball to 25-30 times.. like I said though only "if need be," because with our offense as it is now, we don't necessarily need a running back to have such a heavy workload like I just said of.. but there are those games or situations that running the ball become an absolute must.. like for an example lets say we are playing a playoff game up at Lambeau and there is snow on top of heavy winds that make the passing game either very risky, or impossible. Something like that ends up becoming a situation where a back like Turner of a couple of years ago becomes unbelievably valuable.. so having a "workhorse" type of back is a luxury that I believe we need to have.

Wy do people think quizz has even been good running the ball? Take out one long run and it's not pretty
Willthethrill_H

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
put Joe Hawley at fullback on run downs.

Not a bad idea. I also wouldn't be opposed to putting Julio Jones back there. Did you see what he did to DeMarcus Ware Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: