Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bulaga Injury Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blankman0021

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
Pugger wrote:
I was mistaken about Datko. I guess he's still on the PS. Maybe they are waiting to see how Bulaga is progressing next Monday?

They probably have a good idea about Bulaga's progress and availability for next week.

They are just under no obligation to tell anybody about it until McCarthy is obligated to provide an injury report.

Exactly. No reason to make any move at this point. Datko can still practice with the team like normal, only difference is if we want him as part of the active 45 on game day.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
SnakePlissken wrote:
Is there a legit shot at Sherrod comes back this year? I thought I read something about his progress not being where it needs to be and that he's looking at another year of IR

Hasn't been much on this yet. I could see it going either way to be honest. We'll find out soon enough though, he had 3 weeks from when he started practicing to be placed on the active roster or IR.

Saw that Rob Demovsky was almost certain Sherrod was headed to IR yesterday. Sad Hope he is wrong, again.
chucknorris101

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherrod to IR was probably a done deal before sunday.

Now theyre going to give him some time

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
SnakePlissken wrote:
Is there a legit shot at Sherrod comes back this year? I thought I read something about his progress not being where it needs to be and that he's looking at another year of IR

Hasn't been much on this yet. I could see it going either way to be honest. We'll find out soon enough though, he had 3 weeks from when he started practicing to be placed on the active roster or IR.

Saw that Rob Demovsky was almost certain Sherrod was headed to IR yesterday. Sad Hope he is wrong, again.

Unless he physically can not practice I do not see see much value in this because we have 3 weeks, starting from last Wednesday, to decide to activate home or IR him. Again if he cannot practice now, or is not even close, then I can understand it, otherwise no harm in waiting the grace period we have.
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chucknorris101 wrote:
Sherrod to IR was probably a done deal before sunday.

Now theyre going to give him some time

A tackle went on IR but it was Bulaga and not Sherrod. Evidently he practiced today.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like our last four first round draft choices will miss this weeks game. Tough way to win a game. Hope everybody else steps up.
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok this is just me, and maybe I've had a bit too much today, but hear me out...

OL scenario:

Sherrod comes back off the PUP. At some point someone on the OL suffers a minor injury that knocks them out of a game in the 1st quarter and maybe even for an additional game. For purpose of this discussion, lets say it's Saturday. EDS has to slide to C, LG takes his LG spot back, and Sherrod looks good at RT, and locks the job down. When Saturday comes back, the OL is looking much better, so either only EDS goes to the bench, or they leave it as is.

Then going into next year they have a good problem to have. They can give Newhouse, Sherrod, and Bulaga all long looks at both RT or LT as they see fit. I think a line of Bulaga, Lang, EDS, Sitton, Sherrod could be something special.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blankman0021

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Ok this is just me, and maybe I've had a bit too much today, but hear me out...

OL scenario:

Sherrod comes back off the PUP. At some point someone on the OL suffers a minor injury that knocks them out of a game in the 1st quarter and maybe even for an additional game. For purpose of this discussion, lets say it's Saturday. EDS has to slide to C, LG takes his LG spot back, and Sherrod looks good at RT, and locks the job down. When Saturday comes back, the OL is looking much better, so either only EDS goes to the bench, or they leave it as is.

Then going into next year they have a good problem to have. They can give Newhouse, Sherrod, and Bulaga all long looks at both RT or LT as they see fit. I think a line of Bulaga, Lang, EDS, Sitton, Sherrod could be something special.

I'd love that to happen, but I don't know if Bulaga can deal with the speed rushers at this point now. Sherrod I still think should be option 1a at this point on the left.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Blount_truth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If sherrod can come back they'd probably flip newhouse over and insert sherrod at LT.
Interceptions: 6
Forced Fumbles: 1
DROY candidate. Jersey acquired.
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blount_truth wrote:
If sherrod can come back they'd probably flip newhouse over and insert sherrod at LT.

And I think they'd keep the shuffling of established guys to the minimum necessary.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Sherrod was a LT only type prospect.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

I don't think it's that hard and set. I actually like his skillset better at RT. I trust Bulaga's technique on the back side more.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherrod won't play this year. I don't see how you can see that as a realistic option at this point.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

I don't think it's that hard and set. I actually like his skillset better at RT. I trust Bulaga's technique on the back side more.
I certainly don't see Sherrod as a better RT. He has no drive skills and really doesn't seem willing in the run game. It will take away from what makea Sitton and Bulaga such a nice side to run behind. Sherrod's feet and long arms are a major plus at LT, he has some things you can't coach. He just needs some polish to his game and some time in the weight room.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
CentralFC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

I certainly don't see Sherrod as a better RT. He has no drive skills and really doesn't seem willing in the run game. It will take away from what makea Sitton and Bulaga such a nice side to run behind. Sherrod's feet and long arms are a major plus at LT, he has some things you can't coach. He just needs some polish to his game and some time in the weight room.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. They aren't "nice" by any means. If that was the case, we'd see a little bet better production from our backs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: