Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If you were Rick...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur Brown is a 1st/2nd round projection, not a 3rd round option.
Super talent with sideline-to-sideline ability and developing nicely in coverage.

This is a good draft to take advantage of deep positions. It's very depthy at safety, wide receiver, cornerback, as well as a couple other positions sprinkled with talent. I predict a lot of underclassmen again this year - they will really mold how deep this class is, of course, and that should be the case again in 2013.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
Sloppy28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple-Pride07 wrote:
Arthur Brown is a 1st/2nd round projection, not a 3rd round option.
Super talent with sideline-to-sideline ability and developing nicely in coverage.

This is a good draft to take advantage of deep positions. It's very depthy at safety, wide receiver, cornerback, as well as a couple other positions sprinkled with talent. I predict a lot of underclassmen again this year - they will really mold how deep this class is, of course, and that should be the case again in 2013.

I could see Brown going about the same spot as Lavonte David did last year - Mid-Second round. We would be in perfect position to draft him there, and I hope we do.
The only problem is, that would leave us taking a WR or DT in the first when those positions are deep this year. Personally, I would choose to trade back into the (early) second and pick up (an) extra draft pick(s), then pair up our 4th and the acquired pick, and move back into the second.
3 second round picks would be more ideal for this team with our draft needs that a first and second! I would love getting 3 guys in the second round, a lot of prospects there that I like. Could get 3 starters out of OG, DT, WR, LB or S in the second. Also, I see you are a Penn State guy, another guy I really like is Gerald Hodges.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing going against Arthur Brown vs Lavonte David was that Davis was an OLB in college and was drafted to be an OLB. Unless Brown can get up to 235, he will likely have to play OLB and make a position switch which is no sure thing.

Brown is perfect for this defense and I dont see getting to 235 pounds to play MLB as a big issue. Therefore, I expect him to be an early to mid 2nd round pick.
Freakout

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
The one thing going against Arthur Brown vs Lavonte David was that Davis was an OLB in college and was drafted to be an OLB. Unless Brown can get up to 235, he will likely have to play OLB and make a position switch which is no sure thing.

Brown is perfect for this defense and I dont see getting to 235 pounds to play MLB as a big issue. Therefore, I expect him to be an early to mid 2nd round pick.

I think he will go in the range David went - pick 26 in the second round. Even at 235 he would still be a bit undersized to be a MLB on a lot of teams. No 3-4 team will touch him.

I mean look at Zach Brown last year. Physically he blows Arthur Brown out of the water and he still dropped to the Titans as the 20th pick in the second round.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I think he will go in the range David went - pick 26 in the second round. Even at 235 he would still be a bit undersized to be a MLB on a lot of teams. No 3-4 team will touch him.

I mean look at Zach Brown last year. Physically he blows Arthur Brown out of the water and he still dropped to the Titans as the 20th pick in the second round.

Lawrence Timmons and Daryl Washington are also "undersized" for 3-4 ILBs. I think 3-4 teams looking for that kind of player, could take Brown. I dont think it really matters anymore 3-4 vs 4-. If you can play and have great range, you can fit any defense. However, Brown wont be a MLB in any defense if he cant get around 235 pounds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

Jump to: