Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens sign former Raiders CB Chris Johnson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Ravens sign former Raiders CB Chris Johnson Reply with quote

Quote:
#Ravens signed former #Raiders CB Chris Johnson.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/268446511044624384
Tom Brady Tribute
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder why we didn't take Routt?

But this guy had his ups and downs in Oakland. He should contribute out the gate, hopefully he can play the slot.

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Ravens sign former Raiders cornerback Chris Johnson and place rookie RB Bobby Rainey on injured reserve with knee injury

Another "injury" for a young guy the Ravens want to make sure they retian the rights to? Laughing

Meh, I doubt Johnson is anything more than the 4th or 5th CB behind Graham or Brown. Pure depth/special teams signing. If they were doing anything at CB I was hoping that Jackson would be activated but apparently he's not ready although that's not too big of a surprise considering he's a rookie coming out of Cal Poly.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if this could mean Jimmy Smith's seemingly nagging injury issues aren't going away.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I wonder if this could mean Jimmy Smith's seemingly nagging injury issues aren't going away.

That's what I was thinking -- maybe his groin injury is worse than they've let on? I mean, he did suit up last week but didn't play, so I assumed they were doing what they did with Haloti and just gave him the night off so long as the game didn't get out of hand. But, I don't remember Johnson being a slot type CB, so unless Jimmy isn't back to full strength, this doesn't make a lot of sense.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad pickup. Jimmy is banged up (and hasn't been what we expected) and Corey Graham really hasn't played up to the level that I had hoped, even as the 4th (now 3rd) corner. More depth and another option can't hurt, he's at least go legit experience.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this signing. Hearing about Routt's curfew violation made me not want him, but Chris Johnson seems like a low risk, high reward guy.

Plus he's fast as FUDDDDDGE, and with Mike Wallace coming up, who's to say we don't put Johnson on him for some of the game?

RIP Dennis Pitta's hip. You will be missed on 3rd downs Sad
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I like this signing. Hearing about Routt's curfew violation made me not want him, but Chris Johnson seems like a low risk, high reward guy.

Plus he's fast as FUDDDDDGE, and with Mike Wallace coming up, who's to say we don't put Johnson on him for some of the game?

Putting Johnson on Wallace would be a horrible mistake. He's fast, yes, but that's about it. There's a reason he wasn't signed, and it's not because he can cover Mike Wallace.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: