Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Megatron
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Megatron Reply with quote

What's up Lions fans just curious what you guys think of Calvin so far this year.

Is he banged up or do you guys buy into the Madden Curse? I love the guy. He is easily one of my favorite players in the league and still mad the Raiders didn't pick him.

I know defenses have been double triple teaming him at times, bt haven't they always?

I saw he had a nice game yesterday. Just wonder what you guys think.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Megatron Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
What's up Lions fans just curious what you guys think of Calvin so far this year.

Is he banged up or do you guys buy into the Madden Curse? I love the guy. He is easily one of my favorite players in the league and still mad the Raiders didn't pick him.

I know defenses have been double triple teaming him at times, bt haven't they always?

I saw he had a nice game yesterday. Just wonder what you guys think.

Having a great year. Tackled inside the 5 yard line 8 times so far this year.

Simply not lucky getting into the endzone and nothing more. On pace for over 1500 yards

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
jollyninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On pace for 107 catches and 1732 yards....... terrible year........ certianly not career highs in both categories......... definitely Madden cursed.
Maverick12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a little worried about his health, especially those hits to the head he's been vulnerable to recently, but I think that's how defenses are going to play him now because they realize they can't out jump him, so they try to hit him as hard as they can on the way down to try and jar the ball loose, which causes those scary moments where he's slow to get up. Production wise, of course I'd like to see more TDs, but he'll get those as the season progresses and I see him getting in the double digits in that department. Yards and receptions wise he's right on pace with last year. I honestly expect to see a couple more 200 yard games as well. Very Happy
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick12 wrote:
Im a little worried about his health, especially those hits to the head he's been vulnerable to recently, but I think that's how defenses are going to play him now because they realize they can't out jump him, so they try to hit him as hard as they can on the way down to try and jar the ball loose, which causes those scary moments where he's slow to get up. Production wise, of course I'd like to see more TDs, but he'll get those as the season progresses and I see him getting in the double digits in that department. Yards and receptions wise he's right on pace with last year. I honestly expect to see a couple more 200 yard games as well. Very Happy

I'm surprised the Lions don't play a little more pitch and catch with him down the field like the Vikings did in the Culpepper/Moss days.
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On pace for 107 catches and 1732 yards....... terrible year........ certianly not career highs in both categories......... definitely Madden cursed.

I definitely appreciate the sarcasm, thanks... I never said he was having a terrible year. By his standards it's not what I expected.

He's dropped some catchable balls. I was just wondering if you guys bought in to the curse or is he just having bad luck.

Burgesskills

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly not in line to reach his career high in TD's. I asked a question, I guess I should have expected someone to be an idiot.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
Certainly not in line to reach his career high in TD's. I asked a question, I guess I should have expected someone to be an idiot.

No need for this really.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
jollyninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:

No need for this really.
indeed; I was clearly being a jerk, not an idiot. Razz
nagahide13

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's been really on and off, but I guess we can officially attribute that to some injury problems. He's always had some drops, and he's always gotten a little banged up... but this season it's definitely been worse than it has in the past. He hasn't had any appearances this season where I'd consider him an unstoppable force, merely an elite receiver (whatever that means). I'd have to say that despite his numbers, so far I'm considering this an off-year... Which is kind of silly when you actually DO look at his numbers. He's capable of so much more than we've seen this year, which again, has actually been quite a lot.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:

That wasn't necessary, and breaks the rules. Keep the talk on football.
The Lurker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he finishes with over 1600 as he's certainly on pace to, he'll be the only player to ever post that number in back to back seasons. If he gets to 1667, which is also below his current pace, he'll surpass Rice for the most yards b2b (3347). Rice's single season mark of 1848 is a longer shot, but not out of the realm of possibility.

Hard to really call that a down year when you consider the inconsistency of the whole offense this season along with worse QB play.
bdubs3316

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lurker wrote:
If he finishes with over 1600 as he's certainly on pace to, he'll be the only player to ever post that number in back to back seasons. If he gets to 1667, which is also below his current pace, he'll surpass Rice for the most yards b2b (3347). Rice's single season mark of 1848 is a longer shot, but not out of the realm of possibility.

Hard to really call that a down year when you consider the inconsistency of the whole offense this season along with worse QB play.

worse QB play? isn't Stafford going to have fairly similar numbers as last year, minus the TDs?

so, Calvin is going amazing because he's having a similar season as last year, minus the TDs...but Stafford is garbage for putting up similar
numbers as last year minus the TDs?

below are Staffords stats thru 9 games this year compared to the first 9 games from last year...

I'm not sure I can follow your logic......

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdubs3316 wrote:
The Lurker wrote:

worse QB play? isn't Stafford going to have fairly similar numbers as last year, minus the TDs?

so, Calvin is going amazing because he's having a similar season as last year, minus the TDs...but Stafford is garbage for putting up similar numbers as last year minus the TDs?

I'm not sure I can follow that logic......

Point out where I said Stafford is garbage. I said he's not playing as well as he did last season. You can visibly see that by watching the games. He also hasn't dealt with a hand injury this season to put a damper on his stats, which did happen last year.

In terms of passing his 2011 numbers, he's on pace to throw 27 more times this season compared to last, which was already the 3rd most of all time. More than likely he'll surpass Beldsoe for the top spot (691, on pace for 689). It would follow that his numbers should increase if given more attempts. Yet, he's below last season's pace across the board on everything except comp %. His YPA was mediocre in 2011, and it's down .6 from even that mark in 2012.

Not even saying it's all his fault and I'm certainly not trying to hate on Stafford. There are many issues affecting this offense right now, but he shares some of the blame. I don't post often around here, but I was well on board in 2009 long before most of the fan base, when 80% of the people wanted Curry or Smith at the top of the draft. Was a huge Stafford fan from the start, still am. He's going to be great. However, he's still having a worse year than last season.
bdubs3316

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lurker wrote:
bdubs3316 wrote:
The Lurker wrote:

so, Calvin is going amazing because he's having a similar season as last year, minus the TDs...but Stafford is garbage for putting up similar numbers as last year minus the TDs?

I'm not sure I can follow that logic......

Point out where I said Stafford is garbage. I said he's not playing as well as he did last season. You can visibly see that by watching the games. He also hasn't dealt with a hand injury this season to put a damper on his stats, which did happen last year.

In terms of passing his 2011 numbers, he's on pace to throw 27 more times this season compared to last, which was already the 3rd most of all time. More than likely he'll surpass Beldsoe for the top spot (691, on pace for 689). It would follow that his numbers should increase if given more attempts. Yet, he's below last season's pace across the board on everything except comp %. His YPA was mediocre in 2011, and it's down .6 from even that mark in 2012.

Not even saying it's all his fault and I'm certainly not trying to hate on Stafford. There are many issues affecting this offense right now, but he shares some of the blame. I don't post often around here, but I was well on board in 2009 long before most of the fan base, when 80% of the people wanted Curry or Smith at the top of the draft. Was a huge Stafford fan from the start, still am. He's going to be great. However, he's still having a worse year than last season.

yep...his numbers are clearly showing he's worse than last year... Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: