Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predict the Team's 2nd-Half Record
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Orleans will be much worse. They aren't that far away to begin with, but there's also a large contingent of Katrina refugees who now call Dallas home.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demarco Murray is going to make a big difference for us when he comes back. Costa will improve our line once he gets back. Having Dan Connor back will help the D. We are getting some key guys back in the coming weeks and that will be a big help. We are starting to get some production from some different guys (Harris, Beasley, Dunbar).

I see us sweeping the rest of the division games, losing only to Pittsburgh and New Orleans.

So basically, I'm with Slam in saying we go 3-0 in the next 3 and then split the last 4, to finish 9-7.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Giants really did us a favor losing the last 2 weeks. Only being 1 behind in the loss column, the schedule really sets up in favor of the Cowboys from here on out (whether we take advantage of it or not is another story).

Cowboys and Giants both play:

vs. Saints
vs. Eagles
@ Redskins

Cowboys also play:

vs. Browns
vs. Redskins
@ Bengals
vs. Steelers

Giants also play:

vs. Packers
@ Falcons
@ Ravens

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Giants have an absolutely brutal second half schedule, with how they're playing right now, they would be fortunate to win even one more game.

Still never sleep on Eli and the Giants.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this doesn't happen:

vs. Cleveland - W
vs. Washington - W
vs. Philadelphia - L
@ Cincinnati - L
vs. Pittsburgh - L
vs. New Orleans - L
@ Washington - L

But it really could. Would be another 6-10 season for us. I can honestly see us going winless in December (again). I think Philly is going to get us back in Jerry World and it will all be downhill from there.

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:

vs. Cleveland - W
vs. Washington - W
vs. Philadelphia - L
@ Cincinnati - L
vs. Pittsburgh - L
vs. New Orleans - L
@ Washington - L

But it really could. Would be another 6-10 season for us. I can honestly see us going winless in December (again). I think Philly is going to get us back in Jerry World and it will all be downhill from there.

I disagree about Philly. I don't think we see Vick again and when we have a full week and a half to prepare for Foles, I just don't see us losing that game. And we will hopefully have Murray back in full health from here on (knock on wood).

Cincinnati will be tough, but I think we do enough to win

I agree about Pitt. I think we lose that game.

New Orleans was hard to decide for me. We tend to play them well the last few times we've played them and I think we match up well against them. I just don't see us losing only 1 game from here on so I think we get outscored.

If we need to beat Washington to sneak into the playoffs (which I think is likely) I truly believe this team will come out guns ablazing. One thing we can't deny about this team is that they have shown they fight for 4 quarters. No way we lose this game if it means playoffs.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should be favored in every game from here on out (barring the Steelers, but maybe even that game if we are riding a winning streak). Who knows which Cowboys team will show up from week to week though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends on the offense! Plain and simple! They have been in this funk all season and haven't put up much points. The Defense can only do so much to limit the amount of points being scored by the opponent, but if our O can't match or exceed the opponent, we are destined for a bad outcome.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
@ Philadelphia - W - Our CB's matchup well with their WR's
vs. Cleveland - W - They are the Browns and they suck.
vs. Washington - L - Don't worry, we'll split the series
vs. Philadelphia - W - A sweep of the series and wildcard hopes are alive
@ Cincinnati - W - Playoffs are in sight, can almost taste it.
vs. Pittsburgh - L - Big day for Big Ben and the WR's. Wildcard is slipping away.
vs. New Orleans - L - Brees + Colston + Graham = Cowboys Loss and the playoffs are officially out of reach.
@ Washington - W - Winning a meaningless game to go 8-8 gives Jerry hope that Garrett will turn things around and gives him at least 1 more year to prove it.

Changing my picks a bit...

@ Philadelphia - W At least I got that one right.
vs. Cleveland - W - They are still the Browns and they still suck.
vs. Washington - W - We will not lose at home on Thanksgiving.
vs. Philadelphia - W - A sweep of the series and wildcard hopes are alive.
@ Cincinnati - W - As long as A.J. Green doesn't go Julio Jones on us, we should win this one.
vs. Pittsburgh - L - Big day for Big Ben and the WR's. Wildcard is still a possibility, but we have to win out.
vs. New Orleans - L - Brees + Colston + Graham = Cowboys Loss and the playoffs are officially out of reach.
@ Washington - W - Winning a meaningless game to go 9-7 gives Jerry hope that Garrett will turn things around and gives him at least 1 more year to prove it.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
htfryar wrote:
vs. Pittsburgh - L - Big day for Big Ben and the WR's. Wildcard is slipping away.
@ Washington - W - Winning a meaningless game to go 8-8 gives Jerry hope that Garrett will turn things around and gives him at least 1 more year to prove it.

@ Cincinnati - W - As long as A.J. Green doesn't go Julio Jones on us, we should win this one.
vs. Pittsburgh - L - Big day for Big Ben and the WR's. Wildcard is still a possibility, but we have to win out.
@ Washington - W - Winning a meaningless game to go 9-7 gives Jerry hope that Garrett will turn things around and gives him at least 1 more year to prove it.

Winning 5 in a row against teams with losing records and then losing back-to-back at home while fighting for a playoff spot would be devastating, and a sign that Jason Garrett still needs to go (I hope)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
htfryar wrote:
htfryar wrote:

Winning 5 in a row against teams with losing records and then losing back-to-back at home while fighting for a playoff spot would be devastating, and a sign that Jason Garrett still needs to go (I hope)

It's too bad we don't play Pittsburg this week. I don't like wishing injury on any player but I hope the Big Ben injury is pretty serious and it keeps him out for our game. Then we get to T off on the immobile Byron "carry me to the line" Leftwich.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:

vs. Cleveland - W
vs. Washington - W
vs. Philadelphia - L
@ Cincinnati - L
vs. Pittsburgh - L
vs. New Orleans - L
@ Washington - L

Certainly not out of the realm of possibilities but the one thing the Cowboys have going for them this year is a really good defense. The last time they had a defense this good they won their final 3 games of the year to jump into the playoffs..

Fingers crossed they have similar results this December.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: