Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10: VIKINGS (5-4) vs. Lions (4-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a friendly debate going on between some vikings and lions fans on who has the better team. Go support the vikings!

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15034082#15034082
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Jerome Felton has been an oustanding Fullback for us. I'm not sure if even Tony Richardson played this well for us. I'd love to see him back here for another couple years.

^I was literally just about to post about that. Peterson has been playing great no doubt but I also think a big reason for that is Felton. I think he is playing better than Richardson too. Very good point Vikefan!! Ive been watching some of Petersons runs and he had some great blocks. He's a must re-sign in my eyes.

Other players I've been very impressed with:

Basically the first four draft picks...

Matt Kalil- He's a great blocker, great athlete, gets to the 2nd level quick. He should definitely be in the pro bowl running

Harrison Smith- He makes a few rookie mistakes but overall he has helped our defensive backfield a ton!!! You can tell the kid is a leader and hopefully will be for a long time

Josh Robinson- He's been burnt a couple time but it happens to everyone. How many rookies come in and have to line up on Fitzgerald and Megatron. He's handled himself well and shows a lot of promise.

Jarius Wright- I've always thought he could make an impact ever since the final preseason game when he went off. I think its a no-brainer to keep him activated and de-activate Burton. He definitely opens up our passing game a little more. Its almost like having two Percy's out there.

Phil Loadholt- Hopefully we keep him around. He has definitely improved in pass blocking and is a mauler in the run. We have great tackles and a great center but our guards are god awful.

Chad Greenway- whoever said he's overrated needs to re-evaluate. 99 tackles (leads nfl), 2 sacks, 1 int. What more do you want? The guy is the glue that holds our defense together.

Eating some crow aren't I? He was great yesterday It was a nice INT and he made great open field tackles, If he keeps playing like this I will gladly take back the statement.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"Welcome to the end of your life and I promise it's gonna hurt"

"Fresh out of the Factory with no warrenty and already broken what a pity"
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nbanflguy wrote:
There is a friendly debate going on between some vikings and lions fans on who has the better team. Go support the vikings!

and please keep it friendly if you do so.

given the way you treated them a few days a go, which they will remember.

guys, when we troll and anger/incite other fanbases, it takes them a long time to let go of it. it hurts us all for months.

i really wish Nbanflguy was keeping a lower profile on this matter, instead of going for it another time. who CARES who has the "better" team?

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the Vikings successfully went for two in Sunday's victory over the Lions, it caught our attention as ... odd. Not because they did it while up 12 in the fourth quarter, but because they did it by handing off to Adrian Peterson.

It was the first two-point conversion of Peterson's six-year pro career. That fact doesn't seem so unusual when you consider two-point tries aren't that common in the NFL. Counting the playoffs, the Vikings have only made six two-point conversions on 10 attempts over 246 touchdowns since his arrival, and one of the failures was actually a botched point-after kick credited as a run by Chris Kluwe.

But it's not just that the Vikings don't try many two-point conversions (36 all-time, about two per season). When they do, they seldom hand off the ball. Peterson's conversion was the first the Vikings rushed in since Dec. 30, 2007, in Denver, when Tarvaris Jackson ran in two in the fourth quarter to force overtime after the team trailed by 16.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/179038441.html?refer=y

Webmaster wrote:
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:

and please keep it friendly if you do so.

given the way you treated them a few days a go, which they will remember.

guys, when we troll and anger/incite other fanbases, it takes them a long time to let go of it. it hurts us all for months.

i really wish Nbanflguy was keeping a lower profile on this matter, instead of going for it another time. who CARES who has the "better" team?

It is friendly and civil. I defend my team when someone talks bad about them unjustly. Nothing wrong with it. Especially now that I am going about it in a non threatening or confrontational manner.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nbanflguy wrote:
I defend my team when someone talks bad about them unjustly. Nothing wrong with it.

the mistake you made, and the rules you broke, were how you attacked and personally insulted their fans, members of this site.

that is not "defending your team." if we all posted like you did, the site would turn to crap very quickly.

so bringing it up again, even though it's civil, just seems... unnecessary. the Vikings beat the Lions twice this year, on two different fields. it doesn't take a genius to discern which team is "better" between the two of them.

the Detroit game was last week, past history. paying attention to that is the surest way to lose the next game, i feel.

Webmaster wrote:
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
I defend my team when someone talks bad about them unjustly. Nothing wrong with it.

the mistake you made, and the rules you broke, were how you attacked and personally insulted their fans, members of this site.

that is not "defending your team." if we all posted like you did, the site would turn to crap very quickly.

so bringing it up again, even though it's civil, just seems... unnecessary. the Vikings beat the Lions twice this year, on two different fields. it doesn't take a genius to discern which team is "better" between the two of them.

the Detroit game was last week, past history. paying attention to that is the surest way to lose the next game, i feel.

I am bringing up again to try to have a nice conversation on why some of them are "so embarassed" to lose to the vikings and why one guy thinks that "The vikings look worse than the 2007 Lions". Just trying to get their reasoning and see if I can see what they see.

I also dont know what the last part of your post means. I agree that looking back on your opponent can make you lose focus and possible lose the next game, but I am not on the team. I can look back all I want.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nbanflguy wrote:
I am bringing up again to try to have a nice conversation on why some of them are "so embarassed" to lose to the vikings and why one guy thinks that "The vikings look worse than the 2007 Lions". Just trying to get their reasoning and see if I can see what they see.

fans' opinions don't always conform to reason, surely you understand that. different guys will have different opinions of the same events, often fueled by personal biases and loyalties. this ain't rocket science.

so starting an entire new thread on it to attempt to get a posse going to hopefully refute the few DET fans who hold on to stubborn beliefs seems... again... unnecessary.

but hey, that's nothing more than my opinion on the matter, i'm not telling you what to do, nor do i have the authority to. but i do have the right to voice that opinion, and wouldn't be doing so if you weren't providing the means and places to do it in.

you're asking for opinions on the subject. that means you get mine too.

Webmaster wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46
Page 46 of 46

Jump to: