Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ST Coach Brian Murphy fired

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
johnydtarheel


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 4207
Location: Charlotte NC
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: ST Coach Brian Murphy fired Reply with quote

Quote:
Joe Person ‏@josephperson
Panthers fire special teams coach Brian Murphy

Joe Person ‏@josephperson
Ron Rivera replaces Murphy with Richard Rodgers, asst special teams coach and his former Cal teammate.

_________________

Thanks CK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21262
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably nothing more than a hail mary for Rivera.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johnydtarheel


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 4207
Location: Charlotte NC
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Darin Gantt ‏@daringantt
How about, continued crappy play led to move? RT @mikepersinger: Rivera expects ST schemes simplified. Philosophical differences led to move

_________________

Thanks CK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moody


Joined: 21 Nov 2011
Posts: 701
Location: Roma
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holliday also had a return in the preseason.

Probably won't happen in the middle of the season, but more firings have to be coming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21262
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else surprised that Rivera has not taken over defensive play calling? Usually a team that is losing it will have their head coach take over play calling for their particular specialty in order to right the ship.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fretgod99


Moderator
Joined: 05 Aug 2005
Posts: 19370
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
Anyone else surprised that Rivera has not taken over defensive play calling? Usually a team that is losing it will have their head coach take over play calling for their particular specialty in order to right the ship.
But the defense hasn't really been the problem for the most part. That's the frustrating thing. Everybody expected the defense to be weak, but the offense to pick up where it left off last season. At least I know I did.
_________________

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cpanthers178990


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 2971
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
boondock wrote:
Anyone else surprised that Rivera has not taken over defensive play calling? Usually a team that is losing it will have their head coach take over play calling for their particular specialty in order to right the ship.
But the defense hasn't really been the problem for the most part. That's the frustrating thing. Everybody expected the defense to be weak, but the offense to pick up where it left off last season. At least I know I did.


Agreed, D allowed 20 points yesterday, 7 of which was in garbage time. Again, allot better than I expected from them facing a Manning led offense.
_________________
SuperCam Career stat track.
48 GP
11,299 Pass Yards
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rjkilla


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 5381
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should have been chud
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaveDX


Joined: 20 Mar 2007
Posts: 2816
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many ST coaches have we had since the Super Bowl season? The unit has been underwhelming for years. Here's hoping the next guy is better, but I'm not counting on it.
_________________
Dr. Philly wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
On a totally awesome note, during the thunderstorm, got a girls number Cool


Turns out it was a dude.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shaX 07


Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 1068
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scapegoat!

Rivera should just Fire himself.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21262
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveDX wrote:
How many ST coaches have we had since the Super Bowl season? The unit has been underwhelming for years. Here's hoping the next guy is better, but I'm not counting on it.


I think we are on our 4th or 5th. Fox fired at least 2 that I know of.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group