Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So who is worth keeping around next year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
2 down LBs are ten a penny we would save a lot of money by letting Curry and McClain go. At this point they don't offer enough value.

I don't recall what Curry is making but I do agree.

3.8M in 2013.

And while i'm at it.

Palmer: 16.9M
McFadden: 8M
DHB: 10.6M
Brisiel: 5M
Seymour: 16M
Kelly: 9M (maybe more since he was supposedly restructured at some point)
McClain: 6.6M
Huff: 11M
Branch: 10.9M

Wow....... good info... well kinda..... you know what I mean LOL.

PM sig requests.
G

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's who I'd let go...
Seymour and Kelly.
Move Houston inside and sign Shaggy and Bryant.

I'd try to resign Wheeler but wouldn't over pay if his services are more desired elsewhere. If our staff has good things to say about Bartell and Spencer I'd like both of them back but I'd still be looking for another starter after what happened this season.
I'd like Palmer to restructure but wouldn't cut him if he says no. I'd keep DMAC as I doubt we could trade him and I'd rather have him and draft his replacement who can fill in when he's out.
I'd rather lose Seymour and Kelly if that same $$$ keeps Bryant, Shaggy, Bartell, Spencer and Wheeler...Seymour's money might be enough as is. Shocked
Darbsk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

3.8M in 2013.

And while i'm at it.

Palmer: 16.9M
McFadden: 8M
DHB: 10.6M
Brisiel: 5M
Seymour: 16M
Kelly: 9M (maybe more since he was supposedly restructured at some point)
McClain: 6.6M
Huff: 11M
Branch: 10.9M

Dammit, I can tackle better than McClain and i'd only need $2M Smile
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I would do:

Give locker clean out duties to:

Seymour
Kelly
McClain

Tell them to restructure or they can join the locker clean out club:

Huff
Branch
McFadden

Tell them to restructure and just hope they do it and if not, just bring them back anyway:

Palmer
Bey

I'm OK w/ Brisiel for one more year. He could be making a LOT more but I'm wanting to see how he fares once we get a line in place. I know bringing back Bey might not be a popular decision but IMO, keeping this core of WRs together is pretty important and I would love to know we can have all them in place for 4 years.

PM sig requests.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
I know bringing back Bey might not be a popular decision but IMO, keeping this core of WRs together is pretty important and I would love to know we can have all them in place for 4 years.

His contract seems easy to restructure. He has 2 years left and while it jumps to 10+M in 2013, it goes down to the 5M range in 2014.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
I know bringing back Bey might not be a popular decision but IMO, keeping this core of WRs together is pretty important and I would love to know we can have all them in place for 4 years.

His contract seems easy to restructure. He has 2 years left and while it jumps to 10+M in 2013, it goes down to the 5M range in 2014.

DHB seems like the type of player Reggie and Allen would want to keep, hard worker who has shown improvement. He does have his limitations but he's obviously got some thing to add tothe offence. No reason to think he wouldn't restructure as i doubt the market value for his services would be less than what we could restructure him to.

I would think Palmer would restructure aswell, he knows his time is limited and he would be the undisputed leader here for at least a couple more years.
Chali21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Bey is one of my favorite players, I'd hate to cut him, and the dude gets better every year because he works hard at it. I think if he was drafted lower the fans would be less hard on him, honestly he's better than Crabtree, been more consistent than Nicks (this year), and isn't crazy like Britt.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

I'm glad you got the knowledge on the contracts. That's not really my thing at all. Thanks!

PM sig requests.
Nightmare

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
What I would do:

Seymour
Kelly
McClain

Huff
Branch
McFadden

Tell them to restructure and just hope they do it and if not, just bring them back anyway:

Palmer
Bey

I'm OK w/ Brisiel for one more year. He could be making a LOT more but I'm wanting to see how he fares once we get a line in place. I know bringing back Bey might not be a popular decision but IMO, keeping this core of WRs together is pretty important and I would love to know we can have all them in place for 4 years.

Pretty much completely agree with this. Seymour and Kelly are gone regardless. Far too much money for below average production.

Think Palmer needs to stick around for another couple of years. I don't see our QBOTF in this draft, so hopefully we'll get next year out of Palmer, then there will be someone available in the 2014 draft, who can either sit for one more year behind Palmer, or if the staff like him enough, start immediately. Let's face it, we could do a lot worse than CP.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
What I would do:

Seymour
Kelly
McClain

Huff
Branch
McFadden

Palmer
Bey

Pretty much completely agree with this. Seymour and Kelly are gone regardless. Far too much money for below average production.

Think Palmer needs to stick around for another couple of years. I don't see our QBOTF in this draft, so hopefully we'll get next year out of Palmer, then there will be someone available in the 2014 draft, who can either sit for one more year behind Palmer, or if the staff like him enough, start immediately. Let's face it, we could do a lot worse than CP.

Agreed. I'd like to keep Branch and Huff if for nothing else than to prevent creating more needs for us to address and deal with their lumps. Seymour I'd keep depending on how big a paycut he'd take. But he probably won't take one big enough. Screw Kelly and Slowlando.
ch8878

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
What I would do:

Seymour
Kelly
McClain

Huff
Branch
McFadden

Palmer
Bey

Ya if Palmer goes down say goodbye to the season.
Nightmare

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
What I would do:

Seymour
Kelly
McClain

Huff
Branch
McFadden

Palmer
Bey

Agreed. I'd like to keep Branch and Huff if for nothing else than to prevent creating more needs for us to address and deal with their lumps. Seymour I'd keep depending on how big a paycut he'd take. But he probably won't take one big enough. Screw Kelly and Slowlando.

Yeah, Huff definitely needs to stay, and I think Branch probably should as well because without him it just creates another pretty big need. He's not the best, but he'll do.

Actually think Kelly has played better than Seymour so far (maybe just me), but can't see any way for either of them to be around next year. Both are getting paid about double what they deserve. Maybe even more than double. A line with Shaughnessy, Houston, Bryant and one more new recruit looks pretty good to me, and will be about $25m cheaper. Yes please.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: