Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Glenn Dorsey to IR
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
footballfan81

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
Dorsey's worth went down the drain with the switch. Never understood it, really. He was never going to stand out as a 3-4 DE. Didn't even have to be statistically. No one would ever expect a J.J. Watt clone, but he wasn't going to excel once it happened.

Watch him go to a 4-3 next to a nice-sized NT and shine... Sad

At least the switch helped turn Hali from a potential bust, into a star? Confused

Dorsey was the square peg in the round hole. I do think his body is starting to break down. People seem to forget when he was a child he had to walk in leg braces. I honestly think he has been playing on borrowed time and at this point he more than likely will be a rotational player for a 4-3 team. If a team can limit his snaps and use him correctly he could make an impact here and there. I don't think we will ever see the explosiveness he had at LSU return.

Which is why I HATED the pick at the time it was made. The guy even LOOKED old (the Greg Oden of football).

I wish the Chiefs would have won that coin toss and ended up with Matty Ice. Then the Matt Ryan to Tony Gonzalez connection we are seeing in ATL would have been in KC.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
Dorsey's worth went down the drain with the switch. Never understood it, really. He was never going to stand out as a 3-4 DE. Didn't even have to be statistically. No one would ever expect a J.J. Watt clone, but he wasn't going to excel once it happened.

Watch him go to a 4-3 next to a nice-sized NT and shine... Sad

At least the switch helped turn Hali from a potential bust, into a star? Confused

Dorsey was the square peg in the round hole. I do think his body is starting to break down. People seem to forget when he was a child he had to walk in leg braces. I honestly think he has been playing on borrowed time and at this point he more than likely will be a rotational player for a 4-3 team. If a team can limit his snaps and use him correctly he could make an impact here and there. I don't think we will ever see the explosiveness he had at LSU return.

Not everyone grew up on the same street as Glenn Wink

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: