Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs St Louis Rams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Takes It?
49ers
81%
 81%  [ 18 ]
Rams
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
What did you guys think of Bradford yesterday?

Kaep was killing us with his damn legs, always hated playing against running Qbs.

I thought he played a good game. It was his first game against Vic Fangio and he did much better than i thought he would. Seemed like he threw a couple of lasers in between two defenders to a Ram receiver. Very tough to defend. He also avoided the big mistake which is key against our defense. Has a nice arm and some good deep accuracy too.

The players i was most impressed with were Steven Jackson and Daryl Richardson. We seemingly didn't have an answer for either of them. Richardson is really slippery and fast. RB's generally don't run on our defense like the Rams RB's did.

Amendola is also a really tough player to defend. One of the more underrated WR's in the NFL.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
Brodie wrote:

Kaep was killing us with his damn legs, always hated playing against running Qbs.

I thought he played a good game. It was his first game against Vic Fangio and he did much better than i thought he would. Seemed like he threw a couple of lasers in between two defenders to a Ram receiver. Very tough to defend. He also avoided the big mistake which is key against our defense. Has a nice arm and some good deep accuracy too.

The players i was most impressed with were Steven Jackson and Daryl Richardson. We seemingly didn't have an answer for either of them. Richardson is really slippery and fast. RB's generally don't run on our defense like the Rams RB's did.

Amendola is also a really tough player to defend. One of the more underrated WR's in the NFL.

He was killing Rogers. This is another reason why Rogers should not be covering the quickest WR on the opponent's team. Cully should've been on him, hes our fastest and quickest corner. Rogers is a solid CB but he keeps getting his butt handed to him when hes lined up against a really quick WR.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
Brodie wrote:

He was killing Rogers. This is another reason why Rogers should not be covering the quickest WR on the opponent's team. Cully should've been on him, hes our fastest and quickest corner. Rogers is a solid CB but he keeps getting his butt handed to him when hes lined up against a really quick WR.

Not sure Culliver would have helped much. Danny does that to pretty much every CB when left 1 on 1. If you want to hold him in check, you basically have to double team him. Have a CB man up and play outside leverage with a LB inside as almost a spy on him. Best way you're going to defend him.

Otherwise, he's going to pretty consistently separate underneath and over the middle. Hell, the guy will make a deep catch every now and then to keep you honest. Laughing

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The slot position is tough to cover for any CB. Patrick Peterson was getting burned every single snap by Amendola. I don't get on Rogers as much as others because not many CBs are capable of playing that position. Culliver is a RAW CB just learning the outside spot so you can't throw him in the first in his 2nd season making him defend the slot. Now, eventually he will be able to do so.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
The slot position is tough to cover for any CB. Patrick Peterson was getting burned every single snap by Amendola. I don't get on Rogers as much as others because not many CBs are capable of playing that position. Culliver is a RAW CB just learning the outside spot so you can't throw him in the first in his 2nd season making him defend the slot. Now, eventually he will be able to do so.

Rogers is our smartest CB and is best at reading the slot position, but he's just not quick enough. Unfortunately we'll see Amendola again, as well as Wes Welker.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Exactly. Danny dropped a couple balls he normally catches(including the pass that messed up his clavicle) and him and Sam were off on 1 other...otherwise, Danny would have had around 5 catches for 80 yards in the first half of that game with 4 of those catches coming against Peterson.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

LANiner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Exactly. Danny dropped a couple balls he normally catches(including the pass that messed up his clavicle) and him and Sam were off on 1 other...otherwise, Danny would have had around 5 catches for 80 yards in the first half of that game with 4 of those catches coming against Peterson.

yeah but i think Patrick peterson is way overated on this site aside from his ST play id take cully over him any day of the week to think i was upset when we passed him over for The Condor

LANiner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we might have to try someone else in the slot maybe and this is just maybe bring in someone quicker and shiftier Trenton robinson or Tarell Brown im talking to you

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peterson has a tough time with stout route runners but he in no means is a bum. Actually, he's having a very good season and possible Pro Bowl one. He completely has taken away some of the games best WRs this season.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LANiner wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

yeah but i think Patrick peterson is way overated on this site aside from his ST play id take cully over him any day of the week to think i was upset when we passed him over for The Condor

He never made it to our pick. Confused

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LANiner wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

I wouldn't go that far on either point.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75
Page 75 of 75

Jump to: