Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brady and the Bunch : Steelers vs. Chiefs GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chieferific

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
steelfan51 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
Cue the "it doesn't matter,they should have won by more" talk

Im happy we won, but come on....its getting old that we continue to play down to the competition.

Perhaps, so you feel it's a coaching issue?

Coaching and our players seemingly letting their guard down.

Its been happening since the Cowher era, so Im not sure what to say about it.

On top of losing their guard, they never seem to get it back. They might score and get ahead, but then it seems like every single time we just let the other team hang around. It's mind boggling. It seems they lack that finisher mentality!

Yep....while I love this team, they are incredibly frustrating for that very reason.

It is frustrating but I don't see it as a Steeler thing. I see it as a NFL thing. Teams often struggle against inferior teams. The Pats, Packers, 49r's...etc. It's not just a Steeler issue.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
steelfan51 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

Im happy we won, but come on....its getting old that we continue to play down to the competition.

On top of losing their guard, they never seem to get it back. They might score and get ahead, but then it seems like every single time we just let the other team hang around. It's mind boggling. It seems they lack that finisher mentality!

Yep....while I love this team, they are incredibly frustrating for that very reason.

It is frustrating but I don't see it as a Steeler thing. I see it as a NFL thing. Teams often struggle against inferior teams. The Pats, Packers, 49r's...etc. It's not just a Steeler issue.

Its much more often for the Steelers though. If it was here and there, I wouldnt care. This team regularly plays down to the competition.
steelfan51

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
steelfan51 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

The thing is the Steelers almost always do it. Those teams do have a game or two like that most seasons sure, but you see them beating bad teams by 3 scores just about as often as the games are close. The Steelers seem to be more close games with the occasional expected blow out thrown in.
steelfan51

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
steelfan51 wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
steelfan51 wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
tenboots wrote:
I think we can be fine with Leftwich getting a full week to prepare for the Ravens as long as we find the running game again which was surprisingly absent tonight.

I'm more concerned about the health of Ryan Clark, who if he got another concussion.....might be out for a long stretch. I don't wanna see Mundy on the field.

Thank you!! Lefty will be fine if they cater to his play style and are able to run it to not allow 3rd and long. That's the biggest difference between Big Ben and Leftwich, though that's not to say if Lefty gets rid of it, it'll be a strike. Mundy is a huge liability in pass coverage and run defending.

Eh. We'll see. I like leftwich, as he's been fairly reliable in the past. I think he is pretty much ineffective though at this point. He's a tree back there, he ain't movin, and it's easy to key on the run, when the pass game is a weakness.

What do you mean key in on the run?? I'd think that with a young rookie QB or a QB with a noodle arm. If you stack the box and Lefty gets rid of it, he can make you pay if you have 1 on 1 coverage. We just need to not make him dink and dunk it, and need better run-blocking. Also, Mendy probably coming back will help.

I'm just saying what I think. It's not far fetched to think that a defense would key on a teams run game, when said teams back up QB is playing. It's also not like you can't key the run, while also being wary of the deep ball. If I was a defensive coordinator, my gameplan would be to stop the run and play deep coverage over the top and force leftwich to beat you in the underneath passing game. But hey that's just me

That's a fair assessment and I like your reasoning. I just don't like generalizing all backup QB's together. Leftwich has a way different playing style than Dixon.
I hear that, and that's not what I was trying to do. To me though, if there is no run game and Lefty is at QB then we're in some trouble.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelfan51 wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
steelfan51 wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
steelfan51 wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
tenboots wrote:
I think we can be fine with Leftwich getting a full week to prepare for the Ravens as long as we find the running game again which was surprisingly absent tonight.

I'm more concerned about the health of Ryan Clark, who if he got another concussion.....might be out for a long stretch. I don't wanna see Mundy on the field.

Thank you!! Lefty will be fine if they cater to his play style and are able to run it to not allow 3rd and long. That's the biggest difference between Big Ben and Leftwich, though that's not to say if Lefty gets rid of it, it'll be a strike. Mundy is a huge liability in pass coverage and run defending.

Eh. We'll see. I like leftwich, as he's been fairly reliable in the past. I think he is pretty much ineffective though at this point. He's a tree back there, he ain't movin, and it's easy to key on the run, when the pass game is a weakness.

What do you mean key in on the run?? I'd think that with a young rookie QB or a QB with a noodle arm. If you stack the box and Lefty gets rid of it, he can make you pay if you have 1 on 1 coverage. We just need to not make him dink and dunk it, and need better run-blocking. Also, Mendy probably coming back will help.

I'm just saying what I think. It's not far fetched to think that a defense would key on a teams run game, when said teams back up QB is playing. It's also not like you can't key the run, while also being wary of the deep ball. If I was a defensive coordinator, my gameplan would be to stop the run and play deep coverage over the top and force leftwich to beat you in the underneath passing game. But hey that's just me

That's a fair assessment and I like your reasoning. I just don't like generalizing all backup QB's together. Leftwich has a way different playing style than Dixon.
I hear that, and that's not what I was trying to do. To me though, if there is no run game and Lefty is at QB then we're in some trouble.

I definitely agree with that. We need to do a better job run-blocking. If Kethy does the insight again, it'll be interesting to see the cause for the poor running game tonight.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious question...I'm guessing there's alot of talk btw you guys about playing down to your competition.

Ok, so KC didn't turn the ball over in regulation...do you still feel like it shouldn't be a close game, especially IN Pitt? What about with Ben out...I still feel you have the edge at QB, but where do you think Pit stands without Ben in there against a KC team that doesn't turn the ball over?

Is it still embarrassing to go into OT? Are we really that bad? Is it because of how bad Cassel is or that you should have the clear coaching advantage? Or do you simply think your players are flat out that much better across the board even with Ben out?

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kansas City is led by the second worst starting QB, an incompetent HC, and horrible play calling.

Doesn't help that I'm a homer with some of this, but I could name 10 players off the Chiefs that I would love to have in a Pittsburgh uniform. Not "okay" player; great players.

KC wasn't 10-6 two years ago for no reason. If Haley had a competent QB; he wouldn't be in Pittsburgh running the offense.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's the worst starting QB? Very Happy

I appreciate your take...I'd take Pitt's DLine over KC and call WR a toss up for now...that's probly it other than QB. Well, LG sucks but Allen is just a Rook filling in for injury, but overall i'd take KC's line.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelfan51 wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

Well they get the win, but I'm just tired of the style points cliche that Tomlin always uses. Fact is the team that showed up the past few weeks would have beaten this team by three scores. Obviously losing Ben sucks, but they weren't doing much before the injury. If the team that showed up tonight shows up next week, the only style points anyone will be talking about, will be the ones the Ravens get when they mop the field.
all that matters is the W. no one is perfect every week. It BMore week!! Lets goooooo! Very Happy Cool

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
pghinsomniac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's a shoulder sprain, what's the "longest" an NFL QB has recently been out with that particular diagnoses? Is it reasonable to expect Ben out for longer than a few games in the worst case scenario?
stefan52268

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was one ugly game to watch from the stands. It went from a warm windy day to a cold wet night!

I hope Ben's injury isn't bad. I know he only gets limited stats but Leftwich looked very timid and indecisive out there. Hopefully he gets that together in practice this week.

I recorded the game so I will be able to watch it more clear later on.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
treat88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pyrrhic victory.

Putting it lightly.

I'll take it, but damn....

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game went pretty much how I thought it go, but dreamed that it went +20 pt win. But the Steelers have done this for so long I guess I should be use to it by now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Kansas City is led by the second worst starting QB, an incompetent HC, and horrible play calling.

Doesn't help that I'm a homer with some of this, but I could name 10 players off the Chiefs that I would love to have in a Pittsburgh uniform. Not "okay" player; great players.

KC wasn't 10-6 two years ago for no reason. If Haley had a competent QB; he wouldn't be in Pittsburgh running the offense.
this! Great points. It seems Cassel is olding thi team back and offensive play calling. The chiefs will get one of the top qbs in next years draft, dump Cassel and be a better team and one of the future. It's sick how much young talent they have developing.

The thing is that Dwayne Bowe will be one also. It's going to be hard to replace his production.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An underestimated factor in this game was how many times the KC defense recognized some of the alignments and plays that Haley tends to use, and was calling them out at the line of scrimmage! It was hard to pull many surprises and easy for the D to get into anticipation mode and quickly close down the play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: