Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bolts Sign Former StL WR Danario Alexander

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Bolts Sign Former StL WR Danario Alexander Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers signed WR Danario Alexander, formerly of the Rams.
Released by the Rams in camp, Alexander worked out for the Bills last month. A towering 6-foot-5, 217 pounds, Alexander is long on athleticism when healthy, but has rarely been anywhere close to 100 percent during his three-year career. He's a high-upside depth signing for a club with an unimpressive receiver corps, but it's doubtful Alexander's knees will cooperate as he attempts to stick in San Diego.

https://twitter.com/UTgehlken/status/259049200392761344

Team needs serious OL and DB help. How do they fix it? By signing a fragile WR who couldn't make a Rams team that needs serious help at WR.

No announcement on who was cut/IR'd to make space.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: Bolts Sign Former StL WR Danario Alexander Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:
Released by the Rams in camp, Alexander worked out for the Bills last month. A towering 6-foot-5, 217 pounds, Alexander is long on athleticism when healthy, but has rarely been anywhere close to 100 percent during his three-year career. He's a high-upside depth signing for a club with an unimpressive receiver corps, but it's doubtful Alexander's knees will cooperate as he attempts to stick in San Diego.

Team needs serious OL and DB help. How do they fix it? By signing a fragile WR who couldn't make a Rams team that needs serious help at WR.

Not to mention that our #1 issue with receivers has been that they can't consistently get separation. And what was the major knock on Alexander and why he was released from the Rams? Because he couldn't consistently get separation.

If they were going to sign a surplus WR because Brown isn't ready to come off the interim-IR yet, I'd have preferred they just have re-signed Kelley Washington or Patrick Crayton since at least they already know the playbook, have chemistry established with Rivers, and - at least in the case of the first - can contribute on ST.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Bolts Sign Former StL WR Danario Alexander Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:

Not to mention that our #1 issue with receivers has been that they can't consistently get separation. And what was the major knock on Alexander and why he was released from the Rams? Because he couldn't consistently get separation.

If they were going to sign a surplus WR because Brown isn't ready to come off the interim-IR yet, I'd have preferred they just have re-signed Kelley Washington or Patrick Crayton since at least they already know the playbook, have chemistry established with Rivers, and - at least in the case of the first - can contribute on ST.

Dont need seperation when he can just jump over the CB lol. The dude was my fave WR on the rams, but he cant stay healthy to save his life.

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Bolts Sign Former StL WR Danario Alexander Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
The LBC wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:

Dont need seperation when he can just jump over the CB lol. The dude was my fave WR on the rams, but he cant stay healthy to save his life.

WE HAVE THE NEW CHAZ SCHILLENS!!!! Laughing

At this point there's no OT or CB who's gonna really upgrade our team anything more than Gaither and Wright getting healthy on the bye week.

This is an understandable signing, if he can stay healthy, he's got a chance to be a really good find.

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Wilkieray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander looked pretty good. The fact that he is a big target and kinda has that VJ look to him makes him fit the mold of what Rivers likes. I think if he can stay healthy he may be a big addition at least for this year. He had flashes in St Louis (with that terrible offense) when he was healthy.
-Munch-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilkieray wrote:
Alexander looked pretty good. The fact that he is a big target and kinda has that VJ look to him makes him fit the mold of what Rivers likes. I think if he can stay healthy he may be a big addition at least for this year. He had flashes in St Louis (with that terrible offense) when he was healthy.

I was wondering how you guys thought he'll do the rest of the year (not for fantasy football or anything). Meachem was a waste, so the fact that Alexander was put in the lineup and played great his very first start is pretty impressive.
Wilkieray

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that he can consistantly produce for Rivers "IF" he stays healthy and "IF" they give him the opportunity. Meacham/Royal/and even Brown are/could be back playing in the near future and that doesn't leave many minutes for Alexander. Its a shame because like I said before he has alot of the same qualities as VJ did. He is really the poor (cheap) mans Vincent Jackson.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilkieray wrote:
I think that he can consistantly produce for Rivers "IF" he stays healthy and "IF" they give him the opportunity. Meacham/Royal/and even Brown are/could be back playing in the near future and that doesn't leave many minutes for Alexander. Its a shame because like I said before he has alot of the same qualities as VJ did. He is really the poor (cheap) mans Vincent Jackson.

He's ahead of Royal and Meach right now - was given the start. I expect VB to come back and make more of a dent in their PT. If Meach and Royal start to live up to expectations, I'll be more than happy. But right now, Floyd and Alexander are clearly two steps ahead of them as receivers, and VB had awesome chemistry with Rivers despite not playing with him much.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
game3525

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Wilkieray wrote:

He's ahead of Royal and Meach right now - was given the start. I expect VB to come back and make more of a dent in their PT. If Meach and Royal start to live up to expectations, I'll be more than happy. But right now, Floyd and Alexander are clearly two steps ahead of them as receivers, and VB had awesome chemistry with Rivers despite not playing with him much.

Yup.

If we could have a corps of VB, DX, and Floyd then we should be ok.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

game3525 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Wilkieray wrote:

Yup.

I'm just happy to see DA step up so much. Shocked how he looks so comfortable with Rivers so far.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
game3525 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Wilkieray wrote:

Yup.

I'm just happy to see DA step up so much. Shocked how he looks so comfortable with Rivers so far.

He's always been amazing as a receiver as long as hes healthy. The problem is that he's never healthy. Through his 3 or 4 knee surgery's at Mizzou and his 1 or 2 in the NFL...

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
game3525

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
game3525 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Wilkieray wrote:

Yup.

He's always been amazing as a receiver as long as hes healthy. The problem is that he's never healthy. Through his 3 or 4 knee surgery's at Mizzou and his 1 or 2 in the NFL...

Yup.

If it wasn't for his bad knees, he would have been drafted in the first three rounds.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is awesome, if he is not #1 WR now, he will be before seasons end. I have fantasy interest in SD and they are usually 4pm fixtures after Buffalo so I watch SD regularily and I love this pick up.

It does make me sick that Buffalo passed on this guy 7 weeks ago. Just pisses me off more with our upper brass and there talent evaluations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: