Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AFC Players of week 9: QB Luck, CB Taylor, KR Holliday
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tyler735

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
He's one of the fastest players to ever play in the NFL, if not fastest.

Bob Hayes, James Jett, Jeff Demps beg to differ. They actually qualified for the Olympics (Jett as an alternate to the 4 x 100 relay team, Hayes as a gold medal winning, WR setting 4 x 100 relay, Demps as a silver medalist for the US 4 x 100 relay team).

This is without going into non-Olympians, such as Deion Sanders, Randy Moss, Bo Jackson, and former NCAA Track Champion and current Texans WR Andre Johnson.

Holliday is plenty fast, but let's not make stuff up now.

Holliday has ran as fast or faster than everyone on that list in the 100m dash. His best time is 10.00. So no I wasn't making stuff up.

Fair enough, but it isn't as if Hayes was too far off - he ran a 10.06 back when he was in the Olympics, good enough for a world record back then. Given that there have been HUGE advancements in how these athletes train, it's feasable to think that Hayes' accomplishment could of been improved upon if he had the same diet and training regimine that Holliday had at his disposal in 2008, no?

At face value, you're right (well, we don't have 100m times for the likes of Jackson, Moss, Sanders, etc...so MAYBE). But still, there are plenty of guys who have shown world class speed at the NFL level. Just because we don't have official times for said guys doesn't mean they couldn't repeat (or surpass) Holliday's time.

Quote:
Also had a brain fart on the olympics this year. Thought him and Demps both tried, but I know Holliday tried in 2008. Also Holliday beat Demps head to head in the NCAA championships.

Hence why the Texans used a 6th round pick on a vastly undersized RB/WR tweener who didn't have a true position to claim. With his size, he was never going to be a RB in the NFL (however, I WANTED to see him used like Jaquizz Rogers in Atlanta). Holliday never ran routes or caught the ball in coverage, so any attempts to move him to WR were met by frustration by the coaching staff - in an NFL offense where precision and technique is key, Trindon didn't display that. Even after time on the PS to refine those skills, they never showed up on the field.

The old addage stands firm - you can't teach speed. The Texans tried to teach Tiny Trindon everything else, but he proved to be a slow learner. He only had one value to the team, and given the needs of this team at other spots, his single value was deemed less than necessary for the Texans. Would I like to have him on the field? Probably, but not at the expense of depth at other positions of need, namely all LB spots and CB.

Good to see him doing well, but Trindon was a luxury we nary could afford.

Trindon Holliday- 10.00 100m, 6.54 60m, 6.19 55m (High School time)

Darrell Green 10.08 100m
Bo Jackson-10.39 100m
Deion Sanders-10.26 100m
Randy Moss- 6.32 55m (College time)

Basically my initial claim still stands. He is ONE OF if not the fastest person to play in the NFL.
Papa-Pwn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EMG58 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

Hence why the Texans used a 6th round pick on a vastly undersized RB/WR tweener who didn't have a true position to claim. With his size, he was never going to be a RB in the NFL (however, I WANTED to see him used like Jaquizz Rogers in Atlanta). Holliday never ran routes or caught the ball in coverage, so any attempts to move him to WR were met by frustration by the coaching staff - in an NFL offense where precision and technique is key, Trindon didn't display that. Even after time on the PS to refine those skills, they never showed up on the field.

The old addage stands firm - you can't teach speed. The Texans tried to teach Tiny Trindon everything else, but he proved to be a slow learner. He only had one value to the team, and given the needs of this team at other spots, his single value was deemed less than necessary for the Texans. Would I like to have him on the field? Probably, but not at the expense of depth at other positions of need, namely all LB spots and CB.

Good to see him doing well, but Trindon was a luxury we nary could afford.

Broncos actually had him line up in the back field next to Peyton vs. Panthers. Caught 2 passes.

I think hes starting to get more and more confident now, and starting to play better.

Yeah he was in on like 6 offensive plays. 4 in the slot and 2 at RB. 2 catches for like 17 yards, one going for 15 of them.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucks ceiling is crazy this guy is going to be future of the QB position.. Always amazed me how underrated of a Athlete he is tho i know thats a product of coming out in the draft with the sleeker looking super freak athlete in RGIII but Luck is a beast yo.. Hes as fast a and athletic as Cam with Tebow type running power... Shocked but can throw it like Peyton Manning... just nuts..

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: