Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are 4 and 5. Where do we go from here?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
Good lord, is our entire defense going to be UFA's this offseason? Seems like every thread I find out another one of our guys is an impending FA.
Late to the gloom and doom party eh?

Houston
Delmas
Levy
Durant
C. Williams
SLH

All UFA.

Houston will hopefully sign for a moderate contract with his injury problems limiting his market value. Delmas . . . we might as well cut bait with him, frankly, since he can never seem to stay healthy for more than 5 games at a time. Levy should be back, Durant too, Williams might get left out because of depth at DT, and Hill shouldn't be a problem to keep.

Avril is also a free agent, and KVB is probably done after this year given his age and general ineffectiveness this season. I have a feeling Avril will get a huge contract even though he's not having a great year.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
Jrugges

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention Dominic Riaola is due 4 million dollars next season. Stephen Peterman due just under 3 million. An Jason Hansons a UFA, no Punter, No Long Snapper, and!!!!

GOSDER CHERILUS IS A UFA TOO!

DOOM!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
ECPackers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tough loss, good luck next week.

imo, the lions aren't far off... outsider opinion? schwartz is the problem. he's WAY overconfident. and cocky. everyone hates him, even the players.... the lions may compete or play spoiler this season yet... they need 1 more WR... anyone who can draw some attention. maybe young can be that guy, but so far, don't look like it... defense is pretty good i think, D line really coming around. idk about ur CB's, but once you work on the secondary, lions will probably be perennial contenders, at least for a good stretch.

every team goes through these super droughts. packers sucked basically all the mid 70's- mid 90's. 20 years of sucking. lions going through it now. it makes it rounds to every team.
Bucks
Badgers
YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:

imo, the lions aren't far off... outsider opinion? schwartz is the problem. he's WAY overconfident. and cocky. everyone hates him, even the players.... the lions may compete or play spoiler this season yet... they need 1 more WR... anyone who can draw some attention. maybe young can be that guy, but so far, don't look like it... defense is pretty good i think, D line really coming around. idk about ur CB's, but once you work on the secondary, lions will probably be perennial contenders, at least for a good stretch.

every team goes through these super droughts. packers sucked basically all the mid 70's- mid 90's. 20 years of sucking. lions going through it now. it makes it rounds to every team.

Even Lions players? I haven't heard anything about that.

We do need 1 WR but I think Broyles/Young are the solution and need to see them progress.

We have sucked for 50 years so...
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
ECPackers wrote:

We do need 1 WR but I think Broyles/Young are the solution and need to see them progress.

Hey, at least we are consistent!

R.I.P. Stylish
ECPackers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
ECPackers wrote:

well the players hating the coach is just speculation on my part... because of the body language, and effort....

eh, barry sanders had the lions in the playoffs, weren't too bad in that era.
Bucks
Badgers
DetroitWhat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
Good lord, is our entire defense going to be UFA's this offseason? Seems like every thread I find out another one of our guys is an impending FA.

Houston
Delmas
Levy
Durant
C. Williams
SLH

All UFA.

Houston= resign
Delmas= cut
Levy= resign
durant= cutt
c williams= cut
slh= resign

Simple enough decisions.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitWhat wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:

Houston
Delmas
Levy
Durant
C. Williams
SLH

All UFA.

Houston= resign
Delmas= cut
Levy= resign
durant= cutt
c williams= cut
slh= resign

Simple enough decisions.

I assume by cut you mean not re-sign instead of signing them just to cut them. Wink

Why not re-sign Durant? I think he has done a solid job with us and would be affordable.

I would like to bring back Delmas for one year. Or two years if its incentive based.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: