Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Saints vs Falcons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The most likely scenario is Cadet getting cut, plain and simple

Agreed!

Use his roster spot to carry an additional D-Lineman for Spags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
supermanj77

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys the real question what do we do with our RB's once sproles gets back?
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Exactly. Why trade Cadet for...nothing when we could probably get a 3rd-4th round pick for Ivory/Ingram if they keep this up? They're the exact same player and honestly, Ivory isn't going to hold up long. He runs WAY to hard for his own good.

I'm just not all up on Cadet like others are... I think the dude isn't all that good as a runner. I'd take Ivorys power anyday over Cadet's, whatever!

Ingram, hate to bust everyones bubble is our feature back of the future. Sean Payton hand picked this dude... he will prove to everyone that he was right or he'll fail trying. Either way, Ingram aint going nowhere!

Ivory is simply playing his way on this roster and into their future plans. He's become the fan fav and he brings out the best in Ingram.

Dare I say this but it's actually Pierre Thomas who's carries are likley to see a dip. WHen Sproles gets back he will see his touches and Ivory and Ingram have proven that they both deserve to get the ball. Thomas on the other hand will continue to see the rock less and less.

Is it completely out of the box that Thomas is the one dealt if any this offseason?

I could see Pierre Thomas being dealt. The issue is, once Payton returns, we're right back to 4 different HBs getting carries a game. Its infuriating. Give Ivory and Ingram each 10-12 carries a game, with Sproles getting 2-3 and coming in on most passing downs.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Exactly. Why trade Cadet for...nothing when we could probably get a 3rd-4th round pick for Ivory/Ingram if they keep this up? They're the exact same player and honestly, Ivory isn't going to hold up long. He runs WAY to hard for his own good.

I'm just not all up on Cadet like others are... I think the dude isn't all that good as a runner. I'd take Ivorys power anyday over Cadet's, whatever!

Ingram, hate to bust everyones bubble is our feature back of the future. Sean Payton hand picked this dude... he will prove to everyone that he was right or he'll fail trying. Either way, Ingram aint going nowhere!

Ivory is simply playing his way on this roster and into their future plans. He's become the fan fav and he brings out the best in Ingram.

Dare I say this but it's actually Pierre Thomas who's carries are likley to see a dip. WHen Sproles gets back he will see his touches and Ivory and Ingram have proven that they both deserve to get the ball. Thomas on the other hand will continue to see the rock less and less.

Is it completely out of the box that Thomas is the one dealt if any this offseason?

I could see Pierre Thomas being dealt. The issue is, once Payton returns, we're right back to 4 different HBs getting carries a game. Its infuriating. Give Ivory and Ingram each 10-12 carries a game, with Sproles getting 2-3 and coming in on most passing downs.

Tru... I mean it's not impossiable! Thomas was almost traded a few seasons back to New England for a reserve corner! (Butler)

It woulden't suprise me one bit... Be cheaper to keep Ivory and Cadet and there younger too. I mean I love Thomas but if someone has to go then he's the one likley to see his carries drop. Cadet could be groomed for the Sproles role once the 30 year old shows signs of slowing down.

No disrespect to Thomas but I feel Ingram and Ivory can handle his work load with Sproles doing his thing and Cadet backing him up.

lifeinthaboot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets get rid of our best overall back! PT isn't going anywhere. I don't trust Ingram or Ivory in pass-blocking. Trade Ingram this offseason..... if he has any type of value warrants it. He wouldn't even be here if Ivory could stay healthy.
wow_junky

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a nice position to be in when you have too much talent at running back!

I can see us giving Ivory a deal and keeping all 4 (and possibly Cadet), and then letting PT23 and Sproles go when their contracts are up in 2 years time. That would leave us lacking a pass catching RB, but if Cadet or Ingram develop they can fill that role.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow_junky wrote:
it's a nice position to be in when you have too much talent at running back!

I can see us giving Ivory a deal and keeping all 4 (and possibly Cadet), and then letting PT23 and Sproles go when their contracts are up in 2 years time. That would leave us lacking a pass catching RB, but if Cadet or Ingram develop they can fill that role.

I really think the Saints would have liked to deal Ivory for the right price but that was before they gave him the ball this year and he broke out. Now I don't see how they keep Ingram and trade Ivory based on production. As far as trading Ingram... Anyone who thinks thats going to happen just dosent know how stubbron Sean Payton can be. Ingram is here to stay.

THe fact is... the Saints DID try to trade Thomas the last two offseasons. It does not matter what we think or who we feel should stay or go. Payton will make those decisons and the likly senerio is that Thomas, Sproles, Ingram & Ivroy will be our backs in 2013 with Cadet being the wildcard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: