Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why Won't the Raiders Claim Ta'amu Off Waivers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Why wouldn't the Raiders pluck Ta'amu off waivers?
McKenzie is loonie over his desire to only add high character players?
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
The Raiders don't have a need at NT they just need to play better!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Raiders can't make Ta'amu's contract fit under the salary cap?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ta'amu sucks!
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Why Won't the Raiders Claim Ta'amu Off Waivers? Reply with quote

Every once in awhile there is a player either in FA or Draft (if this was April) that requires his own thread. Rather than poise the obvious SHOULD the Raiders add Ta'amu I'm going to offer a different take. I'm not going to bore you by going over every nondescript player that was put on waivers that should have be added to shore up the depth charts but I have been VERY disappointed with how the FO is handling the waiver wire. So my question in general is why has the waiver been handled so poorly this season? and why will the Raiders let Ta'amu clear waivers?
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's facing 18 felony/misdemeanor charges. His arraignment is Dec. 21. Nobody is gonna pick him up.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
He's facing 18 felony/misdemeanor charges. His arraignment is Dec. 21. Nobody is gonna pick him up.

Damn. What'd he do?
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why should we bother picking up this guy? Confused For those that don't know

Quote:
According to court documents, the 6-3, 348 pound nose tackle decided to reenact the plot from Drive Angry through Pittsburgh's crowded South Side neighborhood early Sunday morning, hitting four parked cars and nearly running over several police officers while attempting to flee following a traffic stop.

Local station WPXI reports that two officers drew their guns as Ta'amu's 2006 Lincoln Navigator came barreling toward them, but "neither of them fired due to the large number of pedestrians and motorists on the sidewalks and roadway.'"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/10/14/steelers-taamu-felony-charges/1632465/
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

Damn. What'd he do?

Quote:
He'll be formally arraigned Dec. 31 on felony charges of aggravated assault by vehicle and fleeing and eluding police, as well as misdemeanor charges including resisting arrest, escape and DUI. By waiving the hearing, Ta'amu acknowledged there was enough evidence for him to stand trial, although he could seek to resolve them through a plea bargain.

Three charges of felony aggravated assault -- all for allegedly fighting with police -- were withdrawn, but 18 other felony, misdemeanor and summary citations are now headed to Allegheny County Common Pleas Court.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8607402/alameda-taamu-pittsburgh-steelers-apologized-recent-arrest

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Dessie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is as bad a thread as anything silver surfer has started....and that's bad.
#clueless
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
This is as bad a thread as anything silver surfer has started....and that's bad.

haha my bad Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: