Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Perfect Time for bye week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
byuvike88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Perfect Time for bye week Reply with quote

What are you all expecting after our bye week? Personally i feel like this bye week couldn't have come at a better time. It comes at a perfect time for Harvin's and Peterson's ankles to heal, Ponder's knee to get better and our offense a chance to work out some kinks. The Bears lost last night, Cutler sustained a concussion, and if the Bears lose next week, and the Packers lose sometime in the next two weeks the Bears-Vikings game could be for a three way tie atop the NFC north. Who would of thought after the last couple weeks performances that this could game could be this big. We could have an exciting last 7 weeks of the season!
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Chicago loss to San Francisco next week, Green Bay 1-1 split against Detroit and New York, then a win at Chicago for Minnesota, and we have a 3 way tie for the division.

But in all honesty, I don't expect much from this team after the bye, but anything can happen between division rivals. If Ponder plays virtually mistake/turnover free like he did against Detroit, we have a shot at beating Chicago. Chicago's defense is very opportunistic, but they are susceptible to the run game. So if we don't give them any takeaways, Peterson might be able get us a win. Chicago's offense doesn't scare me. Green Bay on the other hand, scares me. Despite all of their injuries, Rodgers is the best QB in the league and always makes that offense a terror.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bye positive - healing time for injuries.

bye negative - lose, or at least delay, winning momentum.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a lot of problems to work out.

For one, id like to see a more consistant passing game. We have time to let Adrian and Percy to recover as well as get Wright more involved. We aren't going to beat Chicago by turning over the ball, as they are the most oppurtunistic defense from what I've seen, so we must take care of the football.

Defensively we need to continue to wrap up and tackle as well as work on gap control. Matt Forte is one heck of a RB so we must be ready. Brandon Marshall is a top 10 WR. We can't let up another 200 yards to one player.

Goodtime for the Bye week. Can't wait to see what we got playing Chicago in 2 weeks.

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: