Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10: VIKINGS (5-4) vs. Lions (4-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought A.J. Jefferson flashed some nice coverage skills at times yesterday. It felt like he was the only one who could really handle Calvin much [not that he did a good job]. Hope he continues to get reps.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

Bring Melvin Gordon to Minnesota.
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or did anybody else think that Musgrave did a better job of calling plays without Percy there. It didn't seem quite as predictable and he did a better job of calling plays to help Ponder spread the ball around.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

Bring Melvin Gordon to Minnesota.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
Is it just me or did anybody else think that Musgrave did a better job of calling plays without Percy there. It didn't seem quite as predictable and he did a better job of calling plays to help Ponder spread the ball around.

I think he went through his archive this week and stumbled on the file called ''intermediate passing game''.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
A few fans here and there may have gone out of their way to make a silly comment about it but it shouldn't compel you to respond in kind when you're the starting QB of a pro football team. There's just no need for it.

Enough fans talked about it that made media talk about it, which made media ask him about the relationship earlier this week. If its big enough that media members are bringing it up in interviews, why isn't it big enough for him to make a comment?

Because there's no need for it. You are coming off a win, and the comments were insignificant to begin with. I think you're giving the media too much credit here; they generally aren't highly moralistic journalists dedicated to preserving the integrity of their craft. A few fans may have made off-hand remarks about it and they probably blew it up from there. It is par for the course for them. No need for the QB to address any of it.

Peppers90 on the sig.
TearsOfPurple

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
Klomp wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
A few fans here and there may have gone out of their way to make a silly comment about it but it shouldn't compel you to respond in kind when you're the starting QB of a pro football team. There's just no need for it.

Enough fans talked about it that made media talk about it, which made media ask him about the relationship earlier this week. If its big enough that media members are bringing it up in interviews, why isn't it big enough for him to make a comment?

Because there's no need for it. You are coming off a win, and the comments were insignificant to begin with. I think you're giving the media too much credit here; they generally aren't highly moralistic journalists dedicated to preserving the integrity of their craft. A few fans may have made off-hand remarks about it and they probably blew it up from there. It is par for the course for them. No need for the QB to address any of it.

Talking about blowing this out of proportion..c'mon man

Bridgewater's response to "Teddy Time"
Quote:
Itís not [nice], Iím still the young guy here and I still have a lot to prove and I still have a lot to work for.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^I don't know why you're saying that. I'm not up in arms that he said it, nor do I think the other poster who mentioned it is. In the end I don't think it's very consequential at all. We are all entitled to have an opinion on whether it was necessary or not, though, no? I just voiced mine for the sake of conversation, not because this non-issue is important at all. I would hope that is alright.

Peppers90 on the sig.
Yfz01

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:

I think the difference almost squarely fall on the play of Ponder. That first pass wouldn't have happened the prior week, because he refused to step up into the pocket. He was stepping into throws all day, and not going straight to check downs. Even watching the preview with McNabb and co., there were plays open downfield that Ponder wasn't making.

This week he did. The offense looked far better because of it.

Lil Uno with the sig.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the big win, Vikings fans. I honestly didn't think there was a chance the Vikings would score more than 30 points, but I was wrong. The Lions are such a confusing team. Hopefully they can put the right people in place and come out strong next season.

Best of luck going forward. It should be interesting how the division plays out, but I wish you guys all the luck in the world. Enjoy AP while you've got him. He is one very, very special player.
Heavydan85

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Heavydan85 wrote:
1. Did ponder look at least as good as his stats imply?
2. did kluwe have a good game (from what i could tell seemed like it early at least.?)
3. how'd the dbs do?
4. oline?

1) Ponder looked good, made good decisions, didn't have any int's or fumbles. some of his passes were far from accurate. showed very good zip on the ball many times. had a delay of game penalty that presumably was his responsibility to not have.

2) Kluwe had a couple of boomers, and also had the last tackle on a punt return, even though it was around the returner's neck. let's also keep in mind Kluwe is Walsh's holder.

3) DB's were serviceable and didn't lose the game for us, we can get away with that comment. Winfield played a great game, Josh Robinson did well.

4) O-line...? well, Peterson did get 170 yards so that says something. Ponder had more time to throw but still had to worry about being hammered far too often for my liking.

smarter guys than me can give more, and probably better, replies.

Forgot to thank you and everyone else the other day for the quick and solid responses. glad the team actually seemed to look good, not just lucky or what have you.

Thanks to Jgoldiscool for the sig
Sloppy28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:

I think he went through his archive this week and stumbled on the file called ''intermediate passing game''.

+1 ... Finally! He proved to me that he knows what a slant is Wink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
The Bears play SF in SF next week. It is looking ahead a little bit, but when we play them after our bye week, we might have a chance to pass them in the divison.

That sounds crazy. I wouldn't be shocked if neither Cutler or Smith played in the next game, and I'd give the clear advantage at backup to Kaepernick.

Let's hope the 49ers bounce back with a huge Prime Time win against the Bears, and let's also hope Moss torches Tillman once or twice. Cool

If you think about it, this is actually a perfect position for the Vikings to be in and extremely promising for us. If we are going to beat the bears, we are set up perfectly to do so. Think about it...
Bears are coming off of a tough, physical game with the Texans and going into another extremely tough and physical game with the 49ers, possibly without their starting QB. That is going to be mentally draining on a team..
They will be looking to let up a little bit when they play us and we are coming off a Bye week all rested up. We SHOULD win that game by all means. The week following the Bears will be playing the Seahawks, another tough and physical game.. They will get back on track for a game.
Then, back to us, IN MINNESOTA. The week after they play us they play the Packers again and may be looking ahead and overlook the Vikings again. That is an EXTREMELY tough schedule for the Bears. Vikings could pull off 2 wins against them! Call me crazy, but I see it happening. The bears will be reeling!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerome Felton has been an oustanding Fullback for us. I'm not sure if even Tony Richardson played this well for us. I'd love to see him back here for another couple years.
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Jerome Felton has been an oustanding Fullback for us. I'm not sure if even Tony Richardson played this well for us. I'd love to see him back here for another couple years.

^I was literally just about to post about that. Peterson has been playing great no doubt but I also think a big reason for that is Felton. I think he is playing better than Richardson too. Very good point Vikefan!! Ive been watching some of Petersons runs and he had some great blocks. He's a must re-sign in my eyes.

Other players I've been very impressed with:

Basically the first four draft picks...

Matt Kalil- He's a great blocker, great athlete, gets to the 2nd level quick. He should definitely be in the pro bowl running

Harrison Smith- He makes a few rookie mistakes but overall he has helped our defensive backfield a ton!!! You can tell the kid is a leader and hopefully will be for a long time

Josh Robinson- He's been burnt a couple time but it happens to everyone. How many rookies come in and have to line up on Fitzgerald and Megatron. He's handled himself well and shows a lot of promise.

Jarius Wright- I've always thought he could make an impact ever since the final preseason game when he went off. I think its a no-brainer to keep him activated and de-activate Burton. He definitely opens up our passing game a little more. Its almost like having two Percy's out there.

Phil Loadholt- Hopefully we keep him around. He has definitely improved in pass blocking and is a mauler in the run. We have great tackles and a great center but our guards are god awful.

Chad Greenway- whoever said he's overrated needs to re-evaluate. 99 tackles (leads nfl), 2 sacks, 1 int. What more do you want? The guy is the glue that holds our defense together.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget about Rhett Ellison! Special teamer, often in to block, and has caught every ball thrown his way (5x) for 60 yards.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

^I was literally just about to post about that. Peterson has been playing great no doubt but I also think a big reason for that is Felton. I think he is playing better than Richardson too. Very good point Vikefan!! Ive been watching some of Petersons runs and he had some great blocks. He's a must re-sign in my eyes.

I've rewatched a few games and some of the key blocks Felton has gotten to spring Peterson lose have been unreal. I was all for cutting him when he got in trouble this offseason. I'm glad the Vikings thought otherwise.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 45 of 46

Jump to: